The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Do you know the working hours memory fish?
I got provisional offer for tax professional in East Kilbride at beginning of August, my checks were completed last Friday, any idea how long it takes before a formal offer and start date will be? Had my interview last September so it's not been a quick process lol and I'm dying to get started on my new career.
Original post by Scottgib
I got provisional offer for tax professional in East Kilbride at beginning of August, my checks were completed last Friday, any idea how long it takes before a formal offer and start date will be? Had my interview last September so it's not been a quick process lol and I'm dying to get started on my new career.

I think you are further along than us! How long did it take manpower to get in touch with you after provisonal offer?
Original post by slc2710
I think you are further along than us! How long did it take manpower to get in touch with you after provisonal offer?

I got the provisional offer on a Saturday morning and I logged onto the portal straight away and completed the online forms to start the pre employment checks, 4 weeks later I got another email to complete the DBS application on 11th September and last Friday 23rd, I got email to say all checks were completed successfully and the vacancy holder will be in touch shortly to arrange a start date and any other issues. The question is how long is shortly lol?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1644
Original post by Scottgib
I got the provisional offer on a Saturday morning and I logged onto the portal straight away and completed the online forms to start the pre employment checks, 4 weeks later I got another email to complete the DBS application on 11th September and last Friday 23rd, I got email to say all checks were completed successfully and the vacancy holder will be in touch shortly to arrange a start date and any other issues. The question is how long is shortly lol?

I'm almost in the same boat. Got a DBS application on the 11/09. Filled it in and still waiting a response. you are ahead of me. im applying in london, what about you.
Original post by mabze
I'm almost in the same boat. Got a DBS application on the 11/09. Filled it in and still waiting a response. you are ahead of me. im applying in london, what about you.

East Kilbride in Scotland.
I've just received an email asking me to provide 2 personal references & fill in dbs form. Keep your eyes on your emails xx
Hey i got the email to. But it refers to a provisional offer for Customer Service consultant?? Anybody elses refer to that?
Original post by slc2710
Hey i got the email to. But it refers to a provisional offer for Customer Service consultant?? Anybody elses refer to that?

Yeah mine does too - didn't even notice. Hoping it's just a typo
Original post by rachie93
Yeah mine does too - didn't even notice. Hoping it's just a typo

Is this for heo?
Original post by Escapalda lamen
Is this for heo?

Yeah HEO. Should we contact them and tell them
Original post by slc2710
Yeah HEO. Should we contact them and tell them

The 1320 campaign?
Original post by Percypig79
The 1320 campaign?

Yeah the 1320/16 campaign

Great stuff..maybe progress at last then...lol.. i will contain my excitement though... thanks for the update..

Brilliant i can safely assume that there should be some movement on the 1321/16 as well then again it is HMRC. Anyone for london got emails yet?
Is there a contact number for them or anything as i still haven't got an email today? Anyone else not got one?

cheers,
Original post by dc850208
Is there a contact number for them or anything as i still haven't got an email today? Anyone else not got one?

cheers,

Well i havent got one but mine is the internal application. Preferred location london. Possibly because no need for dbs as im already part of hmrc i dont know
Original post by dc850208

cheers,

I've not had an email today either, i don't know of a contact number so hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow
Original post by danhan93
I've not had an email today either, i don't know of a contact number so hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow

I've not had one either but I'm already part of the civil service.... Are all of you guys that have had the email NOT part of the civil service? I was also on the 1320/16 campaign
Original post by Cal139
Thanks for your help

Further to you question regarding working hours, I was required to work set shifts between 8-8. You still have flexible working hours though.

Latest

Trending

Trending