The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Squishy•
They apply ukcat for lower tiers as sort of a compensation for lower predictions/achieved. If you have achieved grades you get bumped up a tier. so 2 A* achieved is the highest tier

Ahh thanks so much u r a lifesaver. I was liturally so nervous. Do u know another average/low ukcat requiring unis?
Original post by .......Jeff458
Thanks! Really appreciated your support over the weeks - being really honest.

Can't relax. Personal statement due tomorrow and a huge Chemistry assignment. Plus just been to dentist and he put anaesthetics in, CAN'T FEEL MY MOUTH!!!!!!

But thanks so much :smile: Probably thinking of BMAT now

No problem, I've enjoyed talking to you I've been checking the thread today to see if you posted your score lmao😂! Oh dear 😂 that all sounds absolutely dreadful! Hope your mouth feels better soon❣I had a look at a BMAT paper today and it doesn't seem so bad to sit ( I'm still not doing it though lol) but I'm sure you can pull it off. Well in like a months time you can finally relax unless you need to be preparing for any interviews lmao 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhoDaresWins
I did mine on the 8th and got 653.33.

Also ain't nothin' over until its over, how about BMAT?

Yeah thinking of BMAT now as I am really upset with my score. Everybody at school has got suuch high avergaes! Heck there is even a girl in maths class with an average of 827. AN AVERAGE!!!!!!!! 827!!!!!!?!?!?!? WAAAAAAT!
Original post by Can't think name
How come I didn't notice any pie charts? Was I really that unattentive? I thought that AR was waaaay harder than the mocks😫

I didn't get as many as hoped.
Yeah turns out AR was harder than mocks
Original post by Can't think name
Ahh thanks so much u r a lifesaver. I was liturally so nervous. Do u know another average/low ukcat requiring unis?

i told you to apply to QuB*
apply to QUB
Hey Guys, just done my UKCAT:

580: VR
580: AR
830: QR (which was a huge surprise seeing as that has been my weakest)
SJT: Band 2 (bit disappointed in really).

How does this really compare to everybody else. Which unis do you reckon I should apply to considering I'm predicted AAB but have a strong PS and very very strong non-academia
YOU should apply to QUB*
Yeah thinking of BMAT now as I am really upset with my score. Everybody at school has got suuch high avergaes! Heck there is even a girl in maths class with an average of 827. AN AVERAGE!!!!!!!! 827!!!!!!?!?!?!? WAAAAAAT!

I didn't get as many as hoped.
Yeah turns out AR was harder than mocks

827?!?!?
Wtf man did she sacrifice her soul for that score?!
Original post by Lostperson
awesome... :smile: thanks cookie! x
I CANNOT WAIT TILL ITS ALL OVER ON MONDAY

All the best.

Btw, if you get distracted there are headphones which I put on as so many people were taking theory tests. There was even this one old guy who came in and started shouting to get the damn invigilator -_-.

But all the best. And I can only say, there will be easy QR, just skip to find them. I skipped loads and still got 690 so do that as I still missed out at least 7 easy takers
Reply 6229
Hi,
Was just wondering if anyone could give me advice over where to apply for dentistry please, it would be really appreciated!
So my statistics are:
2.1 in Medical genetics
UKCAT of 643 and band 3
and BBC at A-level.
My A-levels are really restricting my options unfortunately, making me panic :frown:
Reply 6230
Oh I see haha.

Scottish Applicant:

Nat 5: 8A's
Highers: 5A's
UKCAT: 627, Band 2
PS: Really confident in

Think that's everything!

you're academics are very strong, so you'd have a good chance of an interview at Aberdeen. I would stay away from St Andrews as they are quite UKCAT heavy. Dundee possibly but a bit of a risk. you should definitely look into liverpool, bristol and keele provided you're predicted an AA in advanced higher chemistry and Biology and that you feel you have a strong personal statement. Good luck :smile:
827?!?!?

Haahahahaha looooolll.

She is really smart. Like she makes you think you're retarded smart. That's just by looking at her. I thought I would speak to her and say hi and I found out her UKCAT score in that convo and now I feel so stupid lelz
827?!?!?

😂 omg, I'm actually so shocked at how that's even possible as a human😂 I wonder if there's people out there that get 900 in every section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by helennic
i told you to apply to QuB*

Isn't that pretty high on ukcat? N it's in Belfast right? I'd prefer somewhere in England tbh just cuz it's closer. Are there any other unis? Thanks for replying tho 😌
Original post by michaela__
No problem, I've enjoyed talking to you I've been checking the thread today to see if you posted your score lmao😂! Oh dear 😂 that all sounds absolutely dreadful! Hope your mouth feels better soon❣I had a look at a BMAT paper today and it doesn't seem so bad to sit ( I'm still not doing it though lol) but I'm sure you can pull it off. Well in like a months time you can finally relax unless you need to be preparing for any interviews lmao 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha.

Going to be brutally honest, I was checking the thread continuously last Thursday to see your score! :smile:

I am certain you will get your offer now.
Haahahahaha looooolll.

She is really smart. Like she makes you think you're retarded smart. That's just by looking at her. I thought I would speak to her and say hi and I found out her UKCAT score in that convo and now I feel so stupid lelz

Does she have good interpersonal skills?

Who knows, she could flop the interview :laugh::laugh::laugh: jk
Original post by HT98
you're academics are very strong, so you'd have a good chance of an interview at Aberdeen. I would stay away from St Andrews as they are quite UKCAT heavy. Dundee possibly but a bit of a risk. you should definitely look into liverpool, bristol and keele provided you're predicted an AA in advanced higher chemistry and Biology and that you feel you have a strong personal statement. Good luck :smile:

Balls. St andrews was an option :frown:

Why not Dundee? My friend got 4A 1B last year and only got one interview, it was from Dundee?
Original post by michaela__
😂 omg, I'm actually so shocked at how that's even possible as a human😂 I wonder if there's people out there that get 900 in every section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just crazy.
Original post by polly.holden9
Hey Guys, just done my UKCAT:

580: VR
580: AR
830: QR (which was a huge surprise seeing as that has been my weakest)
SJT: Band 2 (bit disappointed in really).

How does this really compare to everybody else. Which unis do you reckon I should apply to considering I'm predicted AAB but have a strong PS and very very strong non-academia

Deffo Bristol cuz 70% is PS n they like non academic stuff
Hahaha.

Going to be brutally honest, I was checking the thread continuously last Thursday to see your score! :smile:

I am certain you will get your offer now.

Aw you are so lovely! I'll have to keep in contact with you via PM and see how you are getting on in a few weeks time!😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending