The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2017 Applicants

It may be a little early but still!
I'm looking to apply for the Law LLB, what about you guys?

Scroll to see replies

so am I!:biggrin: what grades are you predicted?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Anyone going on the summer school for uni of sussex? (Sunday 14th august 2016, I can't remember all the subjects but I'm doing the geography one)
Original post by Milliemerlin
Anyone going on the summer school for uni of sussex? (Sunday 14th august 2016, I can't remember all the subjects but I'm doing the geography one)

I am!! I'm doing the law one, can't wait.
Reply 4
Looking to apply for psychology with economics here :smile:
Reply 5
crazy how 2017 threads are appearing already - you guys are so ahead of the game
I visited Sussex on the open day yesterday and I think its going to be my top choice! I can't wait to get my application in now! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: (also I thought I'd bump the thread)
Original post by notonlyme
I visited Sussex on the open day yesterday and I think its going to be my top choice! I can't wait to get my application in now! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: (also I thought I'd bump the thread)

I did too! What are you going to apply to study?
Original post by KMLeeson
I did too! What are you going to apply to study?

BA geography and international development! What about you?
BA geography and international development! What about you?

Oooh, that sounds interesting. I'm applying to do the Law LLB
Oooh, that sounds interesting. I'm applying to do the Law LLB

Law sounds so fascinating too. Good luck with your application!
I am looking at applying to sussex for the history course but haven't had a chance to go to the open day, was the campus nice?
Original post by Annathomsn
I am looking at applying to sussex for the history course but haven't had a chance to go to the open day, was the campus nice?

If I'm being honest, it wasn't THE nicest campus I've visited (imo York was prettier) but it was still far nicer than some other Unis. It had loads of green spaces (and it's basically surrounded by the South Downs), the library seems really well equipped and the accommodation (well the more expensive ones) was the nicest accommodation I've seen of all the Unis I've visited (most had a social space and the bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens were a good size). The campus also had everything you needed in it: a co-op, the sports centre, a few pubs/bars, loads of cafes etc. In my opinion, it's a really nice size for a campus as well: not too big but not too small in the sense that you can walk everywhere within about 10/15 mins probably which gives it a nice homely feel. The buildings I went in seemed well equipped and I loved the idea that each of the buildings were meant to represent something (eg the Student Union building (I think?) was meant to resemble a camera and the library was meant to look like a book). And of course Brighton is just a 20 minute bus journey away! As you can probably tell, I'm quite smitten with the place :biggrin:

History is pretty lit at Sussex I must admit, I'm a current UG.

Open day this Saturday too you know :wink:
If I'm being honest, it wasn't THE nicest campus I've visited (imo York was prettier) but it was still far nicer than some other Unis. It had loads of green spaces (and it's basically surrounded by the South Downs), the library seems really well equipped and the accommodation (well the more expensive ones) was the nicest accommodation I've seen of all the Unis I've visited (most had a social space and the bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens were a good size). The campus also had everything you needed in it: a co-op, the sports centre, a few pubs/bars, loads of cafes etc. In my opinion, it's a really nice size for a campus as well: not too big but not too small in the sense that you can walk everywhere within about 10/15 mins probably which gives it a nice homely feel. The buildings I went in seemed well equipped and I loved the idea that each of the buildings were meant to represent something (eg the Student Union building (I think?) was meant to resemble a camera and the library was meant to look like a book). And of course Brighton is just a 20 minute bus journey away! As you can probably tell, I'm quite smitten with the place :biggrin:

Of the campuses I have visited Nottingham, Lancaster, Sussex and York were all pretty great.
Some of Sussex accommodation is ropey (park village and east slope) and more expensive than equivalent places further north but other than that the campus has a nice feel, it doesn't feel up itself, it could do with a couple of extra shops tbh but with access to train and bus its easy to get about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Colinj451
Of the campuses I have visited Nottingham, Lancaster, Sussex and York were all pretty great.
Some of Sussex accommodation is ropey (park village and east slope) and more expensive than equivalent places further north but other than that the campus has a nice feel, it doesn't feel up itself, it could do with a couple of extra shops tbh but with access to train and bus its easy to get about

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're getting rid of east slop next year, so those applying for 2017 entry won't even have the option to stay in east slop which if I'm honest makes me feel better!
They're getting rid of east slop next year, so those applying for 2017 entry won't even have the option to stay in east slop which if I'm honest makes me feel better!

Might be the year after tbh as they are planning to demolish another building first and erect a new block of accommodation before clearing away East Slope.
It'll be good when its finished though in 19/20
Original post by Colinj451
Might be the year after tbh as they are planning to demolish another building first and erect a new block of accommodation before clearing away East Slope.
It'll be good when its finished though in 19/20

Oh, I thought they were knocking down east slope and replacing it with the new accommodation? It's not in the list of accommodation options in the open day accommodation guide.*
Oh, I thought they were knocking down east slope and replacing it with the new accommodation? It's not in the list of accommodation options in the open day accommodation guide.*

Haha, they never "show" East Slope as its so awful tbh, park village IMO is worse though in some ways.
They are knocking it down, but its a phased new build so they have new blocks to replace it with so they don't lose room capacity

Quick Reply

Latest