The Student Room Group

Indian army crosses into Pakistan to attack terrorist targets

Scroll to see replies

Original post by undercxver
So you're telling me any other country's army is just chilling and not training for war?

I heard about Pakistan first. I didn't say India isn't.
Original post by Oxidation
I heard about Pakistan first. I didn't say India isn't.

:fyi: Every army in the world is training for war.
Original post by undercxver
:fyi: Every army in the world is training for war.

Ok.
Original post by sachinisgod
Referendum or not we are missing a crucial point here.

The states on the border were given the CHOICE to be with either India, Pakistan or Independent. The legitimate ruler of Jammu and Kashmir decided to be independent and India respected the wishes. But Pakistan being the land grabbing parasites they are decided to invade kashmir and occupy it. The ruler was worried about being part of a hell hole country so he REQUESTED India to assist him in kicking the pakistani army out. India said they will only help in one condition which was if Kashmir acceded to India legally and be a integral Indian state which the ruler AGREED to.

So calling for a referendum when the choice had already been made by the legitimate ruler to be an Indian state; is just fruitless. Pakistanis can try for 5 years or 500 years, they will never get the whole of Kashmir and thats a fact.

You mean Maharaja Hari Singh? The Hindu puppet dictator of the Muslim majority region?

I assume you also support the decisions of Aurangzeb against the Hindus under his rule then. After all what the ruler says goes right? No need to listen to your populace.
Reply 64
Original post by kuro_kurotsubaki
Both countries misunderstand each other

We understand them very well, thank you.
Original post by Inzamam99
You mean Maharaja Hari Singh? The Hindu puppet dictator of the Muslim majority region?

I assume you also support the decisions of Aurangzeb against the Hindus under his rule then. After all what the ruler says goes right? No need to listen to your populace.

Are you honestly comparing a fanatic tyrant like ruler calle Aurangzeb who killed thousands of Hindus, demolished many temples and killed his own family in the name of religion with a king like Hari Singh?

Rulers making decisions against the populace is a normal thing but if you're comparing Hari Singhs rule with Aurangzeb then you are truly deluded.

Maharaja Hari Singh didnt discriminate against his subjects religion like Aurangzeb did. The Kashmiri muslims were treated very well and they had much more religious freedom too compared to Aurangzebs hindu subjects.
Maharaja Hari Singh wasnt even that animal like to force convert his people like Aurangzeb did .......

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL the only muslim region in J&K was the Kashmir Valley. Jammu is predominantly Hindu and Ladakh is predominantly Buddhist.

This links in with my first point, a small part of a huge state may have been a muslim majority and wanted independence but most of the other areas did not so yeah he might be a 'puppet' in your eyes but he's got to take the will of the MAJORITY and not just be appeasing Muslims just because thats convenient to you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dhanny
Are you honestly comparing a fanatic tyrant like ruler calle Aurangzeb who killed thousands of Hindus, demolished many temples and killed his own family in the name of religion with a king like Hari Singh?

Rulers making decisions against the populace is a normal thing but if you're comparing Hari Singhs rule with Aurangzeb then you are truly deluded.

Maharaja Hari Singh didnt discriminate against his subjects religion like Aurangzeb did. The Kashmiri muslims were treated very well and they had much more religious freedom too compared to Aurangzebs hindu subjects.
Maharaja Hari Singh wasnt even that animal like to force convert his people like Aurangzeb did .......

Posted from TSR Mobile

mate these are people who totally disregard their hindu ancestry and actually portray they are ethnically arabs. Even the arabs treat them like dirt. Countries have moved on and developed and progressed and all they have been doing for 60 years is cry like a baby over Kashmir. You cant reason with them. Democracy and Secularism is an alien concept for them
LOL the only muslim region in J&K was the Kashmir Valley. Jammu is predominantly Hindu and Leh is predominantly Buddhist.

This links in with my first point, a small part of a huge state may have been a muslim majority and wanted independence but most of the other areas did not so yeah he might be a 'puppet' in your eyes but he's got to take the will of the MAJORITY and not just be appeasing Muslims just because thats convenient to you.

The majority of the population even in Indian controlled Kashmir is Muslim.

Combine the two and it is definitely massively Muslim.

Ladakh is 45% Muslim and Jammu 35%, the Valley is 99%
ok ok everyone calm your ****ing horse(pun not intendid) but pakistan vs india you got to be having a giggle,now what war can they do ,there both third world countrys with ZERO pence up there ass.its a joke just give it two weeks and threy will be licking eachers arses (litrally,there so low that they will do that)
no need to tank me for my comment
The majority of the population even in Indian controlled Kashmir is Muslim.

Combine the two and it is definitely massively Muslim.

Ladakh is 45% Muslim and Jammu 35%, the Valley is 99%

ofcourse its going to be 99% now... forgotten the genocide and expulsion of the kashmiri pundits from the Valley in the 80s have we?
Anyways back to topic. These events are really bad news for India and Pakistan.

To be honest, I think that maybe theres some outside power thats brewing this war between the two countries.

A war between India and Pakistan would mean both countries would suffer greatly in terms of their economy.
Indias huge fastest growing economy would plummet and I feel that is in the best interest for many of these foreign countries.
The same would happen with Pakistan too. They would suffer too.

The annoying thing is how stupid the politicians and peoples mindsets in the two countries are. Throughout history, both countries have suffered due to infighting amongst themselves(this dates before the formation of pak too).
The whole subcontinent has lost to many foreign invasions due to this infighting though when we have united, we have defeated even the best of armies. (Alexander, Arabs, mongols)

Instead of Unity, these two countries are at loggerheads and to be honest, I found the actual creation of Pakistan to be foolish as it weakened the overall power of the subcontinent and I suspect the divide and rule ideology triumphed and is still in place.

So my views are that Indians and Pakistanis should realise that they're one and they should get together to destroy terrorism and grow.
In a way, Pakistani politicans are at fault for the lack of action they've taken against terrorists.
Having Foreign powers come into your own home to kill terrorists is truly disgusting and should never be happening in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shame on all of you equally.
ofcourse its going to be 99% now... forgotten the genocide and expulsion of the kashmiri pundits from the Valley in the 80s have we?

No haven't and I don't deny it either- it was terrible.

I don't have double standards when it comes to these things

Don't forget the massacre of Muslims in Jammu in 1947.

But of course, you don't care about Muslim deaths.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lord Samosa

When did i say that?

You do realise a few months before that there massacres on both sides hindus/sikhs/ and muslims all were killed just to chose which side of the country they wanted to stay in all coz of the British plans to divide us. That was a dark period in the indian subcontinen which we should learn from and never occur again.

I could talk about the atrocities in Bangladesh ( muslims i may add) committed by the Pak army but im not going to because everyone knows how it is.
(edited 7 years ago)

Ohhhh you so dont want me to remind you of the massacre of Hindus by Muslim hands........... and if you look through history, you'd find the atrocities commited on Hindus, sikhs and many other religious groups by muslims were hugeeee!
These atrocities did help in converting a significant amount of the Indian population into muslims though.

And to me every Indian life matters. Because before Hindus and Muslims, we are Indians.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When did i say that?

You do realise a few months before that there massacres on both sides hindus/sikhs/ and muslims all were killed just to chose which side of the country they wanted to stay in all coz of the British plans to divide us. That was a dark period in the indian subcontinen which we should learn from and never occur again.

I could talk about the atrocities in Bangladesh ( muslims i may add) committed by the Pak army but im not going to because everyone knows how it is.

We're talking about Kashmir, the number of Hindus have been reduced in parts of Kashmir due to some terrible atrocities, but the same happened in Jammu (the Muslims population was 61% before large numbers were murdered/forced to flee). The demographics of the region have changed due to unfortunate circumstances over a short period of time, and there's no clear good guy or bad guy in this situation. (Unless you're a idiotic patriot who blindly follows Pakistan/India)
Original post by Dhanny
Ohhhh you so dont want me to remind you of the massacre of Hindus by Muslim hands........... and if you look through history, you'd find the atrocities commited on Hindus, sikhs and many other religious groups by muslims were hugeeee!
These atrocities did help in converting a significant amount of the Indian population into muslims though.

And to me every Indian life matters. Because before Hindus and Muslims, we are Indians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did I say Hindus are evil or to blame? The people of Jammu who committed the atrocities at the time are to blame. Same for any people who committed atrocities against Kashmiri Pandits.

I'm not a bigot that blames entire groups of peoples for bad events caused by certain people.
When did I say Hindus are evil or to blame? The people of Jammu who committed the atrocities at the time are to blame. Same for any people who committed atrocities against Kashmiri Pandits.

I'm not a bigot that blames entire groups of peoples for bad events caused by certain people.

Did you forget what you said earlier?

"But of course, you don't care about Muslim deaths"

I just answered that question.
You seem to think everybody lacks compassion but to be honest as humans we all(most of us) hate innocent people dying no matter what their religion is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply