The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .......Jeff458
Ahhh thanks. Ps are you following me around :/ jks?

Are you no following me m8 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
I'm not applying for medicine or dentistry. I'm applying for 2 engineering courses and physics, I think it's fine to apply for more than one course, a lot of people I know have done it and they all got offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What type of engineering if you don't mind me asking? 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
Irrelevant? I was making sure they knew for a fact that ukcat isn't really used that much for Exeter, there is nothing wrong with me double checking that with you/them. I don't know why you get so cold over things sometimes, nothing ever means much but somehow it always amounts to something even when I am trying to help someone out too? Just need to move on with it all and stop these little disagreements, when there really isn't anything much going on? PM me if you want to talk and I'll be willing to, but I don't really have a big issue with you so I never quite understand. (Sorry for cluttering the thread everyone I'll stop now)

Posted from TSR Mobile

They knew that fact when i told it them and before you tried to correct me.
If you read my previous comment you would see that in no way that could've helped them as you tried to correct me on something which had nothing to do with the topic at hand.
I am not being 'cold' over anything, i put a smiley face see :smile:.
What little disagreements?
I don't have anything to move on from.
Who said you have an issue with me?
I'm fine out here thanks, there's no reason to talk in PM at all is there?
I think you are overthinking it hun.
:smile:
Original post by Squishy•
If you read my previous comment you would see that in no way that could've helped them as you tried to correct me on something which had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I've PMed you so we don't have to use up the thread so reply to me on there if you want to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally sat the dreaded thing today. Really pissed off if I have to be honest:

VR: 560
QR: 690
AR: 600
SJT: Band 2

Average = 617

Really pissed off. It's not a bad score and I am grateful that it's better than my mocks, but I am really upset that I missed my target score of 700 avergae by MILES. I practiced sooo much. The resources for those interested that I used were:
- Kaplan 'score higher on UKCAT' book
- Official Mocks A,B,C
- Medify (ALL practice questions and ALL ocks etc)
- ISC 1000Q book including the mock
- Kaplan online practice test bundle, mocks A,B,C
- UKCAT Ninja
- Blackstone Tutors workbook from course
- UKCAT for Dummies (briefly)
- How to Master UKCAT (briefly)
Would like to say these resources helped but clearly didn't get me what I wanted. The real thing was probably most similar to the Kaplan Book for the QR, Official Mocks for AR, VR Medify.

VR: The passages were nowehre near as long as everybody had been stating. Maybe 4/5 paragraphs on average. But the paragraphs were quite detailed. My main problem here was that alot of the texts were quite complex including the questions. I would have been happier with 600 in this section but 560 isn't far off so can't overly complain.

QR: This screwed me over. After skipping the first 10 questions I was panicking and thinking if they were all that difficult. So I slowed down to answer some. BIG MISTAKE. ALL THE EASY ONES WERE AT THE END. I had two sets on pie charts (near end). Really got pissed off because when i began to guess as time was finishing I saw all the easy ones at the end. I really do mean ALL THE EASY ONES. Was hoping for 750+ in this section so really annoyed but when I came out, considering I skipped so many I wasn't too upset with 690.

AR: WTF. The patterns were so easy I was like YAAAAAS. I come and see I got 600... f**k. Like, I am still confused? The patterns I got all fitted and I genuinely was expecting a minimum of 700 once I finished so 600 was like a dagger in my chest.

SJT: Lots of LONG passages with like 2 questions on it only.

Good luck to everyone still to take it. I am really pissed off and don't actually know what to do. I was hoping to apply to Edinburgh but that's out the window now. I would prefer me to stay in Scotland unless it's like oxbridge etc as I have to pay for my own Uni fees. Would appreciate any help now.

Any questions pls feel free to ask although you probably won't want to considering how much i messed that up :smile:

what kind of pie chart questions were there??
was the level of difficultly on all sections equal to medify??
Original post by ellen111
just did two of the medify mocks and got really low QR scores!! I'm really scared :frown:

same :frown:((((((
Oh ma gad!

I just realised, I calculated my score wrong -_-. I actually got 617 average.

Arrrrrrghhhh damn. Maybe I deserved only 690 in QR then!

650 over here!! So you can't be that bad! :biggrin:
I've PMed you so we don't have to use up the thread so reply to me on there if you want to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I answered in the previous comment.
I answered in the previous comment.

I asked you more questions on the PM too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked you more questions on the PM too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by lovegossip
same :frown:((((((

As long as you are getting 600ish I wouldn't worry about it too much, keep practicing obvs but focus on AR as that seems to go much worse on the day for a lot of people (and obviously VR)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I tried to get it sorted, sorry you aren't willing to talk more lmao :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just did the wretched thing...
VR 670
QR 770
AR 610
SJT Band 1
I know they're not the best but given that I quite literally guessed 80% of AR I'm not too sad :ashamed:
Original post by d010534
VR 670
QR 770
AR 610
SJT Band 1
I know they're not the best but given that I quite literally guessed 80% of AR I'm not too sad :ashamed:

Well done!! That is an amazing average!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sensing negative vibes fam. Awkwardly waiting for someone to talk about something else... :? :/
Original post by Nuba123
Sensing negative vibes fam. Awkwardly waiting for someone to talk about something else... :? :/

I feel the same way lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by d010534
VR 670
QR 770
AR 610
SJT Band 1

how did you find QR before your test? like in the mocks? ive been doing so badly I'm very worried and my test is next week*
I feel the same way lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

*listens to "Brenda's got a baby" by Tupac whilst dressed in traditonal Pakistani clothes, waiting for something to happen." LMAO
Well done!! That is an amazing average!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg thank you so much x you're so sweet

Bit disappointed with it though... 683 average isn't something I feel like boasting about... but AR was an absolute killer imo... I'm pleased with the SJT tho and QR was a surprise bc I ran out of time and didn't even have time to guess the last few :/ VR was a total prat though - the paragraphs were long and difficult to understand, even for a natural reader like me...
Do you think I have a chance of getting in? And if yes which unis do you think I should apply to??

Thank you so much xx
How many AS levels are people putting on their UCAS form with the new linear exams? I did 2 subjects where AS counted and 2 where they didn't, but took exams in all 4. Would I have to mention the AS exams I took that don't count towards my results?

Quick Reply

Latest