The Student Room Group

feminists

Scroll to see replies

Original post by honey55497
who thinks feminism is a good thing and why?

Me. I think equality between the genders is very important (going both ways obviously) I'm not one of these whinny SJW types that wants everything done for them either.
Original post by yudothis
So we are back to my original question, the one you supposedly did not imply:

Does that mean women aren't allowed to lobby for equality in x, just because men are behind in y?

Are you on crack? What are you on about? No of course not.
Reply 42
government, traditionally, only interfered in the lives of men as government mainly dealt with conscription and taxes - neither of which applied to women. As time moved on and governments began to interfere more and more in the lives of women, due to the growing influence of government in all our lives and increasing numbers of women paying taxes, i would have fully supported the women who petitioned for the right to vote etc. modernisation was needed in order to bring fairness.

current generation of feminists are nothing like those heroes of the past and are just bored women doing what they do best; moaning.
Original post by cbreef
Are you on crack? What are you on about? No of course not.

The person who can't follow simple logic is asking the other if he is on crack? :hmmm:
So we are back to my original question, the one you supposedly did not imply:

Does that mean women aren't allowed to lobby for equality in x, just because men are behind in y?

You're welcome to lobby but be honest about what you're lobbying about and about what 3rd wave feminism is. You don't care about men's issues despite it being paraded in the media as equality for both. Well what about in areas where men aren't equal to women. There isn't some Meninist movement now is there? What rights do men have that you don't? You are already equal, why not complain about how badly women are treated in the middle east (Excluding Israel).giphy.jpg
Original post by Yoloinator
You're welcome to lobby but be honest about what you're lobbying about and about what 3rd wave feminism is. You don't care about men's issues despite it being paraded in the media as equality for both. Well what about in areas where men aren't equal to women. There isn't some Meninist movement now is there? What rights do men have that you don't? You are already equal, why not complain about how badly women are treated in the middle east (Excluding Israel).giphy.jpg

I think your ignorance and whatever that photo was trying to represent, says it all.

Also, your entire post shows you don't understand what my point is with that example.
The person who can't follow simple logic is asking the other if he is on crack? :hmmm:

But when have I...? :colonhash:
I'm done..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 47
Why do they have to fight for men, too? They are still fighting for equality, they aren't fighting to gain the upper hand (well granted, some are ofc, but that's another story). Are you unable to distinguish between the two? Not actively fighting for men's rights in certain areas =/= not fighting for equality.

I'm of the opinion that both sex's are roughly equal in the western world, so fighting for one side but not the other doesn't equal fighting to equality.
Original post by cbreef
But when have I...?:colone:
I'm done..

You never really started.
Original post by Dheorl
I'm of the opinion that both sex's are roughly equal in the western world, so fighting for one side but not the other doesn't equal fighting to equality.

That's your opinion.
I think your ignorance and whatever that photo was trying to represent, says it all.

Also, your entire post shows you don't understand what my point is with that example.

the image was supposed to be a gif where the women throws her spade into at the plane, it hits and goes down with an explosion.

And whatever, you're just some sexist bigot on the internet that doesn't care about men. *tips hate firmly*untitled.png
Reply 51
That's your opinion.

You're right, and it's just as valid as yours or anyone else's on here. I'm glad you now understand what my point was.
Original post by RossB1702
Feminists are annoying asf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, crawl back into your mamas basement
the image was supposed to be a gif where the women throws her spade into at the plane, it hits and goes down with an explosion.

And whatever, you're just some sexist bigot on the internet that doesn't care about men. *tips hate firmly*

I am a man. And I am bothered by the fact that say men are ****ed upon divorce in court with custody and alimony, or that it's acceptable for a woman to show weakness but men it's frowned upon.

But that doesn't change the fact that I think feminism is still needed, because no, women aren't equal yet. Do you also think blacks are equal?
I am a man. And I am bothered by the fact that say men are ****ed upon divorce in court with custody and alimony, or that it's acceptable for a woman to show weakness but men it's frowned upon.

But that doesn't change the fact that I think feminism is still needed, because no, women aren't equal yet. Do you also think blacks are equal?

Race and gender are different they are not interchangeable like you are trying to do.
Race and gender are different they are not interchangeable like you are trying to do.

They are both things you cannot control at birth. They both represent groups of people.

I was not trying to "interchange" them.
Original post by Dheorl
You're right, and it's just as valid as yours or anyone else's on here. I'm glad you now understand what my point was.

You don't have a point. You have a biased opinion. You perceive women to be equal. That doesn't mean they are. And you base your "point" on this perception.
Reply 57
You don't have a point. You have a biased opinion. You perceive women to be equal. That doesn't mean they are. And you base your "point" on this perception.

I do have a point. If you don't agree with it that's fine, your entitled to your opinion just as I am. It's no more or less valid.
Original post by SophiaNeuning
Lol, crawl back into your mamas basement

Ohh did I cut deep.
As Milo Yiannopoulos says 'Feminism is cancer'. I could go on a rant about everything wrong with feminism nowadays but I'm too tired and have to be up early for uni. Anways, have a blessed day and may Gandalf be with you.

Quick Reply

Latest