The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by michaela__
😂 lmao tell me about I think I need to publish my recent blood test results or something just to make myself get cleared 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

😂
😂
😂
Original post by Squishy•
Why are you so sensitive then

I've said about 4 times if you want to talk then PM me, I tried to help someone tonight just like you were, I wasn't the one that got sensitive from my point of view. Anyway PM me like I said if you'd like to continue talking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know how to scan??? 😂 i know this sounds stupid but i really don't know how to and its resulting in me having a 550 score in VR???? my test is in 4 days and would really appreciate any help!!
I've said about 4 times if you want to talk then PM me, I tried to help someone tonight just like you were, I wasn't the one that got sensitive from my point of view. Anyway PM me like I said if you'd like to continue talking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you scared to speak on here?
Original post by mm_7
does anyone know how to scan??? 😂 i know this sounds stupid but i really don't know how to and its resulting in me having a 550 score in VR???? my test is in 4 days and would really appreciate any help!!

So to scan I normally look for key words! Then when I come across those key words I start reading the sentences before/after it etc so just around the keywords! I also try to look at all 4 statements as normally 2 share similar keywords so that could save time as you can eliminate 2 choices potentially! It's hard to resist the urge to read so it's not stupid at all! Scanning isn't the easiest option for every question but I'm sure you are already aware of when to flag, you'll be fine Hun! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you scared to speak on here?

I've said multiple times I don't want to clog up the thread, I think most people on this thread can see where I'm coming from lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is applying to King's too risky with UKCAT 660 average and Band 2?
I'm predicted A*A*AA or A*A*A*A.
GCSEs: 6A*s 4As (not that amazing as I've done in 6 months due to late arrival in the UK)
AS: AAAAA
Pretty strong PS and reference
I was thinking of the extended degree... but I don't know if they will consider me because of high predictions.
Thanks in advance.
So to scan I normally look for key words! Then when I come across those key words I start reading the sentences before/after it etc so just around the keywords! I also try to look at all 4 statements as normally 2 share similar keywords so that could save time as you can eliminate 2 choices potentially! It's hard to resist the urge to read so it's not stupid at all! Scanning isn't the easiest option for every question but I'm sure you are already aware of when to flag, you'll be fine Hun! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for your help doll! x
Original post by Jackster556
Hi all,

I'm a Scottish applicant. Was wondering how the unis are supposed to know what AH's or other highers you are taking in S6. Are you meant to include it in your personal statement?

When you fill in your UCAS application there's a section for subjects you are currently studying. There is no need to mention it in your PS unless you want to talk about what you learned from it that applies to your chosen course. Hope this helpeeeeeed, :smile:
Original post by Nuba123
When you fill in your UCAS application there's a section for subjects you are currently studying. There is no need to mention it in your PS unless you want to talk about what you learned from it that applies to your chosen course. Hope this helpeeeeeed, :smile:

Thank you very much, been so busy with my personal statement haven't even looked at all the UCAS sections yet lmao. This helped so much thanks.
Like honestly, I get that you guys don't get along but I'm genuinely interested in this thread and my phone keeps buzzing... @michaela__ I tried tagging Squishy but it's not happening. Honestly, it's nothing personal. Just want to make that clear. :biggrin: #dontroastmeplz
I've said multiple times I don't want to clog up the thread, I think most people on this thread can see where I'm coming from lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jackster556
Thank you very much, been so busy with my personal statement haven't even looked at all the UCAS sections yet lmao. This helped so much thanks.

Haha, no worries. Still waiting for my slow af teacher to give me feedback on my first draft. If I can't find her I'm just going to re-draft tomorrow evening... All the best!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean - there's so many "little bits" to the application process. :frown: :biggrin:
Why are you so sensitive then

Are you guys still arguing? Thought it ended weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Bloody hell 😂 didn't know this was gonna go on tonight. Whatever happened/you think happened be mature and come speak to me on PM. I was never offended at all, this whole thing is very laughable indeed. I don't hope for anyone to come for my aid as I all did was double check with that user about Exeter to be safe they knew it was used in one tier. Now please leave me alone and don't be inappropriate by asking me about my hormone levels thank you 👌🏼 goodbye

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Are you guys still arguing? Thought it ended weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been trying to get it sorted but alas no outcome 😛ah well this one wasn't as bad as last time 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
the one time that I stop stalking the thread and the conversation changes from ukcat to hormones? oh dear 😂
Just did the bloody thing today. By the time I finished, I had a splitting headache from staring at a computer screen for so long. But somehow I managed to get a 730 average: QR 720, VR 700, AR 770, band 1 SJ. Doing the test confirmed my suspicions that it's quite an arbitrary test, and doing well relies far more on the techniques you employ than any innate ability. Most importantly, be ruthless about leaving a question if you're spending too much time on it. An easy question is worth just as much as a hard one, and by wasting time on the harder questions you've probably lost the opportunity to do 3 easy ones. Go with your initial gut instinct rather than deliberate for too long, more often than not it's the right one. Also, I'm not sure if this is just me, but the 'progression' type questions in AR are by far the easiest to gain marks on, but they're often near the end of the test, so make sure you give yourself time to get to these!

I think the point of the test is not really to measure intelligence, but how well you can perform under pressure and make quick decisions.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by grekoiran
Essential UKCAT Information - 2017 Medicine Applicants (Adapted from information here)

UKCAT Sections:
1) Verbal Reasoning
2) Quantitative Reasoning
3) Abstract Reasoning
4) Decision Making (New in 2016; does not contribute to your overall score. This section has replaced decision analysis)
5) Situational Judgement (Introduced in 2014 and does affect overall score)

Test Dates: 1st July 2016 - 5th October 2016
Registration Deadline: 21st September 2016
Test Location: Pearson Vue test centre
Test Fee: £65 (£80 - if taking test after 1st September 2016)

Average UKCAT Scores (2015)
Verbal Reasoning: 577
Quantitative Reasoning: 685
Abstract Reasoning: 640
Decision Analysis: 629

Free UKCAT Resources
Official Practice Questions
Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions & Answers
Verbal Reasoning Practice
Verbal Reasoning Practice

Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions & Answers
Quantitative Reasoning Practice
Quantitative Reasoning Practice
GCSE Maths Practice

Abstract Reasoning Practice Questions & Answers
Abstract Reasoning Practice
Abstract Reasoning Practice

Situational Judgement Practice (More Advanced)

Thanks mate!
Original post by Unknown_12345
the one time that I stop stalking the thread and the conversation changes from ukcat to hormones? oh dear 😂

You've missed out dear 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending