The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

idk...feeling different stuff. worry regret disappointment embarrassment. i'm basically over everything :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I don't know, I just never expected it. I guess I just think of people on TSR with their TSR personalities, and I don't really imagine anything beyond that. :ashamed: My ethnic origin is Srilanka, but British born and bred.

I just looked through your entire profile - took me quite a while. :lol: I already knew about your passion for dance (hard to miss tbh :wink:) and your love of memes, but the rest is completely new to me. :colondollar:

lol no need for da ashamed emoji tho, what else do we have to go on but our tsr personas? :wink:

Well you'll be glad to know I am indeed every bit as spontaneous, flourishing, dancing, confident, flirtatious, striking,handsome and slightly offhand arrogant as you thought! (thats my tsr impression riiigghhhttt?) :biggrin:

Your tsr persona is very kind , very pretty, pretty intelligent and very pretty...also dem eyebrows fleeking for dayz :007:

British born and bred huh, what does that entail? X factor, rainy weather and a posh accent? :holmes:

well THANK YOU for taking the time for reading my profile, I read yours in return but I think I got the better deal with the whole 'time used reading other persons profile' :rofl:

and you picked up on the dance huh, clever lady :redface:-what do you do then for hobbies/sport? dance as well?

tell me one person who doesnt like memes apart from viva emptiness and you parents tho? all about dat meme-and harambe, or harambe memes :cry:

also you must tell me something about yourself, you know so much about me now :colondollar:

Original post by littlenorthernlass
*curls up and makes funny noise*

Im thinking improvisational drama exercise on cat movement?

whats up? :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Matrix123
OK, well remember this is a first attempt so try not to be too harsh on yourself - the first time at English exams can be a real pain sometimes!

Have a look at the examples I gave you - they should give you the best ideas for this. I'd say a general sentence with the wording of the question.
(As I said, I haven't looked at these poemd so I don't know what they're about. If the question was: How are strong emotions presented in Storm on an Island and The Prelude?
The first few conclusive sentences could be:
Strong emotions are clearly presented in different ways in both poems. In 'Storm on an Island', the speaker...... however, in 'The Prelude', the speaker.......These differences in emotion are evident because of the [list form/language/structure features in the poems plus one or two sentences to explain] Despite this, there are some similarities between the poems. [One or two sentences with features and similarities]. To conclude, ......................... [here you just say a sentence about the overall answer tp the question (basically what your first sentence in the conclusion says)]

^I think that's it, or at least that's the rough plan of what I'd do as a conclusion. Try not to make it too long as most of the marks will be in the main section of your essay.

As for length, whatever I've said in past PMs. Tbh this is something I always struggled with. For both language and literature, my teacher generally said to try and do 5/6 points (5/6 paragraphs) so that's an aim. If you feel that's too much, don't rush the paragraphs. It's better to have a few good paragraph than lots of sloppy ones. In class I only ever really got to a maximum of 3 and got 3/4 in the actual exam I think (:dontknow:tbh) so definitely focus on adding in all your paragraph sections. The aim of about 5 is there so you try to get a range of points. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank youuuuuu. Will have a read. Just memorising the structure and language devices rn

Posted from TSR Mobile
good artists copy, great artists steal :tongue:

Soo friggin good ngl :lol: I have already had 3 mini packets :tongue:
Original post by Ayaz789
Soo friggin good ngl :lol: I have already had 3 mini packets :tongue:

I can only eat 1 lmaoo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habina786xx
I can only eat 1 lmaoo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha lool its the 1st time ive ate em and ive had 3:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This headache
Won't
Subside
:argh: :banghead: :frown:
Original post by SassKing13
Selling dodgy spoons

Haha yeah :rofl:
I always think of his dodgy tomatoes that he sold to Mike :rofl:
In response to the PR (thanks for it btw! :biggrin:):
No, thank you SassKing! :h: And I obviously feel the same way about you :yep: :hugs:

That's correct too - I'm alright now (physics is doing my head in but that's normal because...well, it's physics :mmm:) See below if you want to know more (<----sounds like part of a campaign before they give out the contact details :lol:) and of course I know I can PM if I need to, same goes for you SassKing! :smile:
Original post by FireFreezer77
It sure is determined to get its own way!
(Oh it sure is! :unimpressed:)

Aww, no I didn't see it I'm afraid. What happened?
Aw I'm so sorry to hear that!
I slept well thanks! A little longer would've been nice! :smile:

Aww nooo! I'm glad that it was ok though! :smile:
My day has been ok! :smile: Found out my next job is in a mental health building so looking forward to that! :biggrin:

Aww really? That's so awesome! That's made me smile! :smile:

Haha it sure is!
(Grrrr to OCD :colonhash:)
It's OK! Well, not much tbh but if you want to know:

Spoiler

Glad to hear it! Ahhh it'd be lovely to get more sleep everyday tbh :tongue:

Aw thanks :smile:
Glad to hear that, and oooh - that sounds great :yep: It'll be interesting to see how that goes!

Really :yep: (otherwise I wouldn't have said it :rofl:) Aww good good

Spoiler

Thank youuuuuu. Will have a read. Just memorising the structure and language devices rn

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! Okey dokey, and that is a good idea; it'll really help :smile:
Original post by Ayaz789
Hahaha lool its the 1st time ive ate em and ive had 3:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had the kelloggs cereal bars? Omg so addictive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Haha yeah :rofl:
I always think of his dodgy tomatoes that he sold to Mike :rofl:
In response to the PR (thanks for it btw! :biggrin:):
No, thank you SassKing! :h: And I obviously feel the same way about you :yep: :hugs:

That's correct too - I'm alright now (physics is doing my head in but that's normal because...well, it's physics :mmm:) See below if you want to know more (<----sounds like part of a campaign before they give out the contact details :lol:) and of course I know I can PM if I need to, same goes for you SassKing! :smile:

Haha it sure is!
(Grrrr to OCD :colonhash:)
It's OK! Well, not much tbh but if you want to know:

Spoiler

Glad to hear it! Ahhh it'd be lovely to get more sleep everyday tbh :tongue:

Aw thanks :smile:
Glad to hear that, and oooh - that sounds great :yep: It'll be interesting to see how that goes!

Really :yep: (otherwise I wouldn't have said it :rofl:) Aww good good

Spoiler

No worries! Okey dokey, and that is a good idea; it'll really help :smile:

Indeed haha!
(Much grrrrr to OCD!)
I do want to know!

And that is all quite worrying to me!
Because I have a thoughts OCD issue and its pretty much the same as yours! Now I'm really really hoping you choose to see someone because they will help you and you can get rid of this forever!
I know what it feels like to be up all night with these thoughts of a bad memory! It's awful!
Please please see someone Matrix! It's hurts me to know that you're suffering and that you're keeping it quiet.
I made that mistake and look at me now! :/

Oh it sure would be!
Hehe it sure does! Excited for it, plus its in Lincoln too!! :biggrin:

Aww!! So sweet!!!

I'm having to shorten the response due to OCD issues again :cry2:
what's the idea tell me pls
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
np :colondollar:ooh you cheeky :tongue:

Spoiler

yesssss :smile:
tired bc gym...

Spoiler

Original post by mariam687
yesssss :smile:

Fankkchuu for the PM beautiful The information was helpful xxoxo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fankkchuu for the PM beautiful The information was helpful xxoxo

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww tyty, im glad it was helpful, i honestly did try xo
Have you had the kelloggs cereal bars? Omg so addictive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahhh even those :tongue: like the coco pops ones:drool:
All of em are soooooooooo good :biggrin:
Indeed haha!
(Much grrrrr to OCD!)
I do want to know!

And that is all quite worrying to me!
Because I have a thoughts OCD issue and its pretty much the same as yours! Now I'm really really hoping you choose to see someone because they will help you and you can get rid of this forever!
I know what it feels like to be up all night with these thoughts of a bad memory! It's awful!
Please please see someone Matrix! It's hurts me to know that you're suffering and that you're keeping it quiet.
I made that mistake and look at me now! :/

Oh it sure would be!
Hehe it sure does! Excited for it, plus its in Lincoln too!! :biggrin:

Aww!! So sweet!!!

I'm having to shorten the response due to OCD issues again :cry2:

(Yes, OCD really needs to learn its lesson :colonhash:)

Aww, there's no need to be worried! Everything will be OK - it's not the worst I've ever been tbh so I know I can get through it. Everyone has good and bad days.
Aw, but I wouldn't be comfortable with that :/
It will be okay, really :hugs:
Yup, it sure is awful stuff :yep:
Aww, you don't need to feel hurt because of it! :console: I'm not suffering now, and besides, it been gradually improving since the first time it happened so that there is a positive. I feel much more comfortable talking about it like this to people I fully trust (basically just a few TSRians and no one irl :redface:)
Yes, but you're coping with it better! That's good. I don't know if I'm ready :/

Haha cool! Another trip to Lincoln, what could be better?

I see, no worries. And remember what I said in the PM, feel free to PM whenever you want/need :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I'm so undateable!
Literally have no good qualities to offer to a relationship.
Waaaaaay to insecure too :frown:
****!
I'm so undateable!
Literally have no good qualities to offer to a relationship.
Waaaaaay to insecure too :frown:
****!

1. Might not be in a relationship now but that doesn't mean you'll never be!
2. You have some of the best qualifies to offer!:yep:
3. Aww :console:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest