The Student Room Group

What degree do you think is the most demanding?

Scroll to see replies

History
I've been doing my maths degree for like 4 days and I'm already dying of the workload and the complexity of it all.... should've picked a humanity lmao
what degree do you find the most demanding tho?
Medicine, vet med and engineering
Original post by Yaboi
English/History

I struggled hard with Economics because of the written aspects, can't imagine doing an entire course with only written exams.

english and history? are you out of your mind? they are stupid subjects that have no career path besides academics or do a law conversion. STEM and analytical subjects open a lot of DOORS not analysing why a dead writer wrote what they did.
I feel yaaa
When I said Economics, I was thinking like, from a rather objective pov, but if I allowed myself to be completely biased, I'd go for CS/Physics too lol
Two sorts of degrees are the toughest:

- ones that require a lot of math
- ones the require a lot of independent thinking together with tackling incredibly difficult concepts

As such, they are going to lie around the math, physics, engineering, philosophy mark.

Math and philosophy dual degree, followed likely by chemical engineering or electrical engineering, followed by theoretical physics.

You cannot wing philosophy like you can wing politics. Philosophy is really ****ing hard.
Reply 47
Original post by samantham999
english and history? are you out of your mind? they are stupid subjects that have no career path besides academics or do a law conversion. STEM and analytical subjects open a lot of DOORS not analysing why a dead writer wrote what they did.

Ok but I'm talking about what's the hardest to get grades in, must be impossible to get a first in either.
Original post by Yaboi
Ok but I'm talking about what's the hardest to get grades in, must be impossible to get a first in either.

Engineering, maths and economics are awfully difficult to get a 1st in. There is a reason why top universities require aea or step plus further maths if they want to do a maths degree and maths at a* for economics

I think english is difficult but no way as difficult because you use the same skill you have been doing since gcse but complex
Reply 49
Original post by uberteknik
Define 'hard'?

As a penis in the morning
Original post by samantham999

your ignorance is showing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by uberteknik
Define 'hard'?

Difficulty is such a subjective and relativistic term that trying to compare one course against another without any objective empirical measurement will void any statement of fact as simply opinion.

I doubt that Hawking would find a degree in musical performance easy and I doubt that Margaret Atwood would find theoretical physics a breeze.

A degree course can only be judged by the individual against their own ability.

This.
And for those saying Law is hard, it's pretty much like any other humanities/arts degree where you have a lecture followed by lots of independent reading and have written coursework and exams. Smh just because a degree is seen as more respectable, it doesn't make it hard, it just makes it more useful for finding a job.

I think degrees in Drama, Art or Music would be hard. Just becuase of the sheer amount of time and effort needed and the fact that it requires your usual memorising facts and writing essays as well as other skills. I did art at A-level and it was the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending