The Student Room Group

School doesn't understand how predicted grades work

So I am from India studying under CBSE board. I approached my school and told them about how I needed a predicted marksheet. They though I am talking about first term examinations. Now they are saying they will quote the exact marks that I got in my first term exams ( really pathetic btw). I don't know how to make them understand how predicted grades work.
I think some schools are fussy about predicting grades and often won't give you better predictions if they don't believe you capable.
Original post by SayoniRoy
So I am from India studying under CBSE board. I approached my school and told them about how I needed a predicted marksheet. They though I am talking about first term examinations. Now they are saying they will quote the exact marks that I got in my first term exams ( really pathetic btw). I don't know how to make them understand how predicted grades work.

Just go back to them either the head teacher, the exam officer or department heads.

Heres a guide on writing a referene for UCAS
p13 mentions preducted grades. they must have done it before.
Just tell them what it is and wht you need them.

https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/ucas-adviser-guide-2016_1.pdf
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Just go back to them either the head teacher, the exam officer or department heads.

Heres a guide on writing a referene for UCAS
p13 mentions preducted grades. they must have done it before.
Just tell them what it is and wht you need them.

https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/ucas-adviser-guide-2016_1.pdf

They have no idea about how this whole thing works as most students from my school go to US where they require first term marks and not predicted grades,
Original post by SayoniRoy
They have no idea about how this whole thing works as most students from my school go to US where they require first term marks and not predicted grades,

Then its your job to explain to them. Repeating the claim they have no idea doesnt help. Do something about it and explain what is needed. I refuse to believe one reasonably intelligent person cannot explain that to anoher.

Be the solution and not the problem.
Tell them you need to have them say what they think you will get in your final exams (based off last year's performance) instead of first term marks.

Quick Reply