The Student Room Group

What's the best way to understand and remember science?

Hi everyone, I am new to Student Room but can I just say how amazing it is! Anyway, I am really struggling with trying to understand science, particularly Chemistry and Physics. My teachers aren't the best when it comes to getting us to write things down, so when I look over my work nothing sinks in or makes sense. Because of this I am really struggling to join the dots, so to speak, and understand what my teachers are actually saying.
I think that once I understand something it becomes easier to study the subject but I would love any tips with ways to revise and any websites that you use.
Some of my teachers are doubting my ability but I really want to prove to them (and myself) wrong and that I can do this and get those great A* and 9's.
Thanks!! 8)
Original post by Photograph999
Hi everyone, I am new to Student Room but can I just say how amazing it is! Anyway, I am really struggling with trying to understand science, particularly Chemistry and Physics. My teachers aren't the best when it comes to getting us to write things down, so when I look over my work nothing sinks in or makes sense. Because of this I am really struggling to join the dots, so to speak, and understand what my teachers are actually saying.
I think that once I understand something it becomes easier to study the subject but I would love any tips with ways to revise and any websites that you use.
Some of my teachers are doubting my ability but I really want to prove to them (and myself) wrong and that I can do this and get those great A* and 9's.
Thanks!! 8)

I would recommend using CGP books they really do help you get the top grade. Are you taking IGCSEs or GCSEs? There are plenty of videos on youtube which should help you get the top grade. You should practice all the past papers at least twice and look at the mark scheme.Hope that helps. Good luck:smile:
Original post by maruchan
I would recommend using CGP books they really do help you get the top grade. Are you taking IGCSEs or GCSEs? There are plenty of videos on youtube which should help you get the top grade. You should practice all the past papers at least twice and look at the mark scheme.Hope that helps. Good luck:smile:

Thank you. 8)
Reply 3
Flash cards are really useful. Helped me get an A* at GCSE. You can also create online ones but handwritten ones are more effective and you can pull them out at any time.
Original post by UWS
Flash cards are really useful. Helped me get an A* at GCSE. You can also create online ones but handwritten ones are more effective and you can pull them out at any time.

Thanks I'll give them a try. 8)
Read the topic in the textbook, then go onto past paper questions that relate to the same topic :smile:

Don't be afraid reading the mark scheme, just make sure you attempt the questions first.

Note: Look out for keyword used in exam mark schemes, those terminology you should be using !

Good luck :smile:
Original post by jackymang12345
Read the topic in the textbook, then go onto past paper questions that relate to the same topic :smile:

Don't be afraid reading the mark scheme, just make sure you attempt the questions first.

Note: Look out for keyword used in exam mark schemes, those terminology you should be using !

Good luck :smile:

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending