The Student Room Group

Petition to stop increase in uni fees

uni fees are increasing to £9500 from 2018 ..this must stop .
there is a petition for this issue :
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/130519

anyone can sign this petition
As long as the loan covers it I don't see the problem.
Reply 2
Nice are you going to create a petition for the increase in price of everything else as well?
Reply 3
Original post by catman99
Nice are you going to create a petition for the increase in price of everything else as well?

yep ..because it affects a lot of people ..and btw I never made the petition
Reply 4
Original post by Mistletoe
As long as the loan covers it I don't see the problem.

and it also means you have much more money to pay back when u start working
Pointless petition. Prices go up. Even if everyone voted for it they will still do it. The only thing they would take notice of would be a significant reduction in student numbers.
Inflation rates rise and fall all the time, doesn't mean you start a petition every time your bananas go up one pence..
Reply 7
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Inflation rates rise and fall all the time, doesn't mean you start a petition every time your bananas go up one pence..

i would not mind if bananas were going up by a pence...but extra £500 is a lot ..maybe not for u
Reply 8
OP, just no. You're wasting your time colossally.

Original post by Marshall Taylor

Tell that to the people who were outraged when Freddos went up...
Original post by Drewski
Tell that to the people who were outraged when Freddos went up...

25p though

****ing disgusting :nope:
who gives a toss

for the huge, overwhelming majority of students your student loan will pay your tuition, and for the huge overwhelming majority of loans, the actual value of the loan makes approximately no difference to the amount you'll repay. the fact that your fees are higher is very unlikely to mean you have to pay more

assuming it's still repayment plan 2 anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest