The Student Room Group

CfE Higher Physics 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethan100
20/20 WHATTT WOOW, that's awesome !!!! One mark off an A, wow

I got a b3 :smile: Soo happy with the result.

That's really good and I knew you would get a B for sure at least because we worked so hard together lol. I swear I was on TSR the whole day everyday until the exam on the physics thread and I'm sure this year it will be the same. Well done! Do you know your assignment mark? X
Is anyone able to send me some of their school notes on the first unit, Don't really understand what I was given, thanks :smile:
Is anyone able to send me some of their school notes on the first unit, Don't really understand what I was given, thanks :smile:

Sorry I threw mines away after the exam. Wish I had kept them they would have probably came in handy for advanced higher at one point. What's wrong that you can't understand the notes you have the now ? Maybe I can help in some way.

Also scholar and the how to pass book are good, I would highly recommend them for revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey Ethan whats the unit called that you need? I'll send you some pics across. X
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Hey Ethan whats the unit called that you need? I'll send you some pics across. X

Our Dynamic Universe, Thanks :smile:
Original post by RossB1702
Sorry I threw mines away after the exam. Wish I had kept them they would have probably came in handy for advanced higher at one point. What's wrong that you can't understand the notes you have the now ? Maybe I can help in some way.

Also scholar and the how to pass book are good, I would highly recommend them for revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, I might look at the scholar notes, Thanks Ross
Oh yeah, I might look at the scholar notes, Thanks Ross

Np.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27

Ur hot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Friendly Forever
Oh great barrier reef, my higher physics exam is on my birthday! :eek:
Lord, why me?
*dies*

Higher Chemistry was on my birthday this year. Due to breaking my wrist just before my highers, the exam was 3 hours and 45 minutes! :eek: Just remember, the exam is only 2 hours and a half so you can take the rest of the day off.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BVB09AubaXVII
Higher Chemistry was on my birthday this year. Due to breaking my wrist just before my highers, the exam was 3 hours and 45 minutes! :eek: Just remember, the exam is only 2 hours and a half so you can take the rest of the day off.

That's nightmarish! Physics and chemistry make me want to rip my hair out... I should consider that it is only less than three hours, but I'm a wreck before and during exams. I just want to do well for myself... genuinely don't know how this will turn out.
IMG_8785.jpg

Hey guys. Hope everyone is well and they are enjoying the course. I would really appreciate if somebody could talk me through how to do question 4 (attached) - as I am struggling with Relativity and I have a NAB next week so want to get on top of calculations.Thanks everybody!
(edited 7 years ago)
IMG_8785.jpg

Hey guys. Hope everyone is well and they are enjoying the course. I would really appreciate if somebody could talk me through how to do question 4 (attached) - as I am struggling with Relativity and I have a NAB next week so want to get on top of calculations.Thanks everybody!

Part (a) you have to use hubbles constant in the formula V=HoD. Remember that you use the distance from Earth as that's what it's asking for in the question and also remember to convert light years to metres.

Part (b) simple DVT equation.

Part (c) Time dilation formula where you have to calculate T and T' is calculated in part (b).

Hope this helped, if you still don't understand anything don't hesitate to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Part (a) you have to use hubbles constant in the formula V=HoD. Remember that you use the distance from Earth as that's what it's asking for in the question and also remember to convert light years to metres.

Part (c) Time dilation formula where you have to calculate T and T' is calculated in part (b).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Ross, I had my NAB today, I just want to say thanks for all the help as it was very helpful ! :smile:
Hey Ross, I had my NAB today, I just want to say thanks for all the help as it was very helpful ! :smile:

No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey. Thanks for your help. I figured out the correct method to question 4a which is actually using the length contraction formula and rearranging it. For 4b I just used the normal D=Vt formula and for 4c i used the time dilation formula and got the correct answers :smile:
Reply 35

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did u manage to pass higher physics dishing out wrong answers FS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BadboiQ
How did u manage to pass higher physics dishing out wrong answers FS

Posted from TSR Mobile

A genuinely dunno mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey. Thanks for your help. I figured out the correct method to question 4a which is actually using the length contraction formula and rearranging it. For 4b I just used the normal D=Vt formula and for 4c i used the time dilation formula and got the correct answers :smile:

Yeah for part a the length contraction equation seems right, I should have clicked on that. At Least I knew the right method for part b and c.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone able to show me their unit 1 notes they have been given from their school ??
Original post by No_username_
Is anyone able to show me their unit 1 notes they have been given from their school ??

Scholar is a very good for notes :smile:

@RossB1702 Me again :P I am just about to finish unit 3, we have skipped unit 2 and we have our nab soon. Any points or areas of revision you can tell me ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending