The Student Room Group

why do third wave feminists look down on women who aren't

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Twinpeaks
I think it's pretty impossible to be triggered by a 13yo who uses the word "basic" sweetie.

Come back in a few years and we'll have a real discussion :smile:

So I'm 13? lolok

Regardless of me apparently being 13, you're just resorting to personal attacks, once again proving my point. You actually can't win
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by upperechelon
So I'm 13? lolok

Regardless of me apparently being 13, you're just resorting to personal attacks, once again proving my point. You actually can't win

Well your emotional maturity and quality of argument is that of a 13 year old. Oh and the flower crown.

I can't win because you have provided no coherent argument.

You are a complete hypocrite, and I find it hilarious that you haven't the strengthen of mind to see that :rofl:
Well your emotional maturity and quality of argument is that of a 13 year old. Oh and the flower crown.

I can't win because you have provided no coherent argument.

You are a complete hypocrite, and I find it hilarious that you haven't the strengthen of mind to see that :rofl:

says the girl who doesn't even show her face to be insulting my snapchat use ... tbh I think you're frustrated and just need a lay, like all feminists. Shame you can't get any though.

(If you want to do personal, I can do personal)
says the girl who doesn't even show her face to be insulting my snapchat use ... tbh I think you're frustrated and just need a lay, like all feminists. Shame you can't get any though.

(If you want to do personal, I can do personal)

I don't think you quite understand the concept of "personal".

My advice; refrain from leaving yourself so open to ridicule, if you are too sensitive for it. A good way to do that is to perhaps not personally attack an entire group of individuals based on their beliefs alone.
I don't think you quite understand the concept of "personal".

My advice; refrain from leaving yourself so open to ridicule, if you are too sensitive for it. A good way to do that is to perhaps not personally attack an entire group of individuals based on their beliefs alone.

I deliberately started this thread knowing people like you would respond the way they have. I'm not naive enough to assume everyone would agree, this is a very polarising topic. I'm merely pointing out that you demonstrating the exact qualities I stated. I'm yet to be hit with statistics and facts which would change my mind, because they don't exist
I deliberately started this thread knowing people like you would respond the way they have. I'm not naive enough to assume everyone would agree, this is a very polarising topic. I'm merely pointing out that you demonstrating the exact qualities I stated. I'm yet to be hit with statistics and facts which would change my mind, because they don't exist

I don't have a problem with people creating mature threads debating issues they have with feminism. I've actually done that myself in the past.

But your thread was purposely antagonistic and petty. And then you are surprised by the response? Creating a purposely antagonistic thread where you *attempt* to enact Regina George, and then you sit back and use the irritated response as a weapon to further discredit feminism. :rofl:

What logic.

I would ask whether it's dawned on you that perhaps your *****y attitude is what caused the reaction, as opposed to you not being a feminist, but it'd be pointless.

It's all very sad and cliche, like a chick flick where a girl acts like a complete ***** and then uses the fact that no one likes her to affirm her hatred towards people. Like I say, all very cliche, borderline pitiful.
I don't have a problem with people creating mature threads debating issues they have with feminism. I've actually done that myself in the past.

But your thread was purposely antagonistic and petty. And then you are surprised by the response? Creating a purposely antagonistic thread where you *attempt* to enact Regina George, and then you sit back and use the irritated response as a weapon to further discredit feminism. :rofl:

What logic.

I would ask whether it's dawned on you that perhaps your *****y attitude is what caused the reaction, as opposed to you not being a feminist, but it'd be pointless.

It's all very sad and cliche, like a chick flick where a girl acts like a complete ***** and then uses the fact that no one likes her to affirm her hatred towards people. Like I say, all very cliche, borderline pitiful.

Wow someone's being over dramatic
I dont dislike feminists, they're just wrong. And I made a thread, putting it bluntly

Also are you dumb? I literally just said I expected these responses. Jeez all tis feminism and you forget to learn to read.

And too long didn't read. You need a life instead of writing essays on student forums, I'm only writing this because I'm bored in an independent study period. Might I suggest being a functioning member of society?
(edited 7 years ago)
I dont dislike feminists, they're just wrong. And I made a thread, putting it bluntly

Also are you dumb? I literally just said I expected these responses. Jeez all tis feminism and you forget to learn to read.

And too long didn't read. You need a life instead of writing essays on student forums, I'm only writing this because I'm bored in an independent study period. Might I suggest being a functioning member of society?

I'll keep it simple for you then. You behaved like a *****, and when you received a backlash, blamed it on the fact that people disagreed with your feminist views, as opposed to the simple fact that you were a *****. Good logic, although I don't expect much else from a girl in a flower crown :wink:
Reply 108
WTH is third wave feminism? Sounds like something MGTOW losers talk about
I won't get into the 'strands' of feminism because it's simply tiresome. Suffice it to say, I'd question anyone who doesn't identify as feminist but claims their support for gender quality.

There's a very western-centric view of the matter that's going about. 'Wage gaps' and 'Rape culture' a mere luxury to discuss when the situation of many women around the world are considered.
I'll keep it simple for you then. You behaved like a *****, and when you received a backlash, blamed it on the fact that people disagreed with your feminist views, as opposed to the simple fact that you were a *****. Good logic, although I don't expect much else from a girl in a flower crown :wink:

oh no r u trigger
Reply 111
oh no r u trigger

Stop being silly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Stop being silly

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're a man your opinion doesn't count :biggrin:

Feminists are 'wrong'?

Do you think before you type?
Reply 115
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Feminists are 'wrong'?

Do you think before you type?

She's very sheltered so dw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
She's very sheltered so dw

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's one word for it.
Reply 117
like ok, I don't feel the need to be unnecessarily angry about imaginary prejudices, it doesn't mean you can be so condescending and aggressive towards me. i am constantly harassed about this apparent 'wage gap' and 'rape culture' that plagues me. I know for a fact that the wage gap is due to many reasons aside from 'sexism', and I for one believe, at least in the West, that 'rape culture', which would insinuate rape is celebrated, does not exist to the point where it could be deemed a culture

Edit- literally all feminists who are 'arguing' with me are being ad hominem and proving my point

I would say that many feminists would be shocked at the fact that other women wouldn't advocate equal rights amongst genders, seeing as women face more prejudices/discrimination in comparison to men in general. Also even though you argue that there are numerous other reasons besides sexism for the wage gap, in many occupations it is still a factor and so for feminists it is still an issue. Similarly with regards to rape culture, sexism any feminist issues really, you may feel that it doesn't necessarily apply to you, it is possible you haven't experienced some of the forms of discrimination or unequal rights which some feminists are so vocal about, but you can't deny that those issues exist at all. 'Rape culture' encompasses the idea of victim blaming, and the fact that rape and other sexual crimes aren't punished effectively, I believe this is quite prevalent in western society
like ok, I don't feel the need to be unnecessarily angry about imaginary prejudices, it doesn't mean you can be so condescending and aggressive towards me. i am constantly harassed about this apparent 'wage gap' and 'rape culture' that plagues me. I know for a fact that the wage gap is due to many reasons aside from 'sexism', and I for one believe, at least in the West, that 'rape culture', which would insinuate rape is celebrated, does not exist to the point where it could be deemed a culture

Edit- literally all feminists who are 'arguing' with me are being ad hominem and proving my point

I don't think direct discrimination is a huge factor (though it could well be non-negligible) in the wage gap, but even so the question to ask is what is causing this gap. Are biological differences alone enough to account for it?

Many people do take this position that yes, it's just biology causing women on average to make decisions that are less likely to lead to higher wages. However, there doesn't actually seem to be any evidence whatsoever that this is the case, and to me it does seem intuitively very unlikely given all the absurd gender- and sex-based double standards and prejudices that we know to exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
any woman that doesn't care to understand what a feminist is and/or states they aren't one, are very unappreciative of all the women that have fought for us and got us to where we are now. As for the men who aren't feminists, they are merely misogynist
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest