The Student Room Group

CharityWorks 2017 - applying and advice?

hey i'm looking at applying to the charityworks scheme that opens next week just looking for anyone else who is doing the same and how they're feeling about it / anyone who has applied in the past and what the online tests are like? maths definitely isn't my strong suit and i'm worried if there is a numerical test, i have been practising but still makes me nervous. anyone else who's applying or has done previously any advice/discussion would be really helpful!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rtraff
hey i'm looking at applying to the charityworks scheme that opens next week just looking for anyone else who is doing the same and how they're feeling about it / anyone who has applied in the past and what the online tests are like? maths definitely isn't my strong suit and i'm worried if there is a numerical test, i have been practising but still makes me nervous. anyone else who's applying or has done previously any advice/discussion would be really helpful!

I'm looking at applying for this too, just need to get a confirmation of what my predicted degree grade will be (I'm in my final year but having read last years thread most people tend to be people who graduated years before). Are you also in your final year or have you already graduated?
Original post by rtraff

Hey, i'l applying for charityworks scheme at the moment! i'm sure theres only a verbal reasoning test but i also struggle for them! have you filled out the application form?
Reply 3
Original post by Neon_Bubbles
I'm looking at applying for this too, just need to get a confirmation of what my predicted degree grade will be (I'm in my final year but having read last years thread most people tend to be people who graduated years before). Are you also in your final year or have you already graduated?

Hey, no i graduated this summer and have been thinking about getting into the third sector for a while so i thought try this as a long shot as it seems hard to get into. But I wouldn't let it discourage you that you haven't graduated yet just let them what you're on track for :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hollyemma
Hey, i'l applying for charityworks scheme at the moment! i'm sure theres only a verbal reasoning test but i also struggle for them! have you filled out the application form?

hey yeah i'm doing my application form for it now its taking me a really long time! Struggling to think of something for the final question at the moment for the time you deliberately sought to learn something new at the moment haha cant think of anything! how are you finding it? and yeah theres three tests as far as i know im just trying to practice them to get my head round them and what they actually ask you
Original post by rtraff
hey yeah i'm doing my application form for it now its taking me a really long time! Struggling to think of something for the final question at the moment for the time you deliberately sought to learn something new at the moment haha cant think of anything! how are you finding it? and yeah theres three tests as far as i know im just trying to practice them to get my head round them and what they actually ask you

I just submitted mine! yeah it took me a while to complete the from as well! i just got an email there are 3 tests; verbal reasoning, situational judgement and a questionnaire.. but we have till March!
Reply 6
Original post by hollyemma
I just submitted mine! yeah it took me a while to complete the from as well! i just got an email there are 3 tests; verbal reasoning, situational judgement and a questionnaire.. but we have till March!

still working on mine, cant think what to put for the last question about when i have learnt something new, starting to think i should have taken up some different skills at some point makes you wonder what you've been doing with your life haha. yeah they've given us a very long time which is why i'm not too worried yet
Original post by rtraff

I'm currently on the scheme now. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi all!

I'm applying too. It seems like a really great scheme. The application process seems a bit daunting though, so just trying to get through it now :smile:

- What kind of work/charity is everyone hoping to get involved in?
- BornBlue how is the scheme going for you? And do you have any tips about the online assessment?

:smile:
Original post by SaAllen
Hi all!

I'm applying too. It seems like a really great scheme. The application process seems a bit daunting though, so just trying to get through it now :smile:

- What kind of work/charity is everyone hoping to get involved in?
- BornBlue how is the scheme going for you? And do you have any tips about the online assessment?

:smile:

Hello :smile:
I've been on the scheme for about 7 weeks now. I'm working in a housing association.

The positives are that it is a really excellent way to get into the third sector and they offer you a lot of support.

The negative is the pay. 16,087 (18,200 in London) is not much to live on.

It seems like a good experience and I am happy to answer any questions.
Reply 10
Hi! I'm looking to apply for the scheme but I'm also worried about these tests. Does anyone know how long you get from submitting the online application to complete the tests, and if there is anywhere to practice? Thanks
Reply 11
How long after you submitted your application did it take for the online tests to be emailed to you?
Reply 12
completed application and tests :smile:
Reply 13
Does anyone know of anyone was has been put in an international development kind of organisation
Hey everyone! Did you apply in the end?
Reply 15
I applied and got email today saying Im through to the next round :smile:
Hi Jamso, by next stage what do you mean?
You've passed the tests and they will review your application or you're through to the centres?
Reply 17
Sorry, I mean that Ive passed the tests and they will review my application :smile:
Okay, just wanted to check! I'm in the same boat.. Just wish I had more certainty.. aha
Has anyone heard from them about whether they got through to the assessment centres yet?

Quick Reply

Latest