The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by KTS89
Why does EY have so few vacancies in their grad programme? Transactions has already closed and it was only a single vacancy. Last year they had separate vacancies for valuations, business modeling, restructuring etc. Have those already been filled or going to be added?

u choose on the app form which sub service line u want to do. Yh transactions is closed.
Reply 161
Original post by e^x
u choose on the app form which sub service line u want to do. Yh transactions is closed.

Is it because it was filled though? I remember last year transasctions had open vacancies until Feb or so, it's impossible that all the offers have been made already. Maybe it opens later on, like PwC's which will be in mid-Oct.
Reply 162
Original post by KTS89
Is it because it was filled though? I remember last year transasctions had open vacancies until Feb or so, it's impossible that all the offers have been made already. Maybe it opens later on, like PwC's which will be in mid-Oct.

I remember they had vacancies open until Feb too. But transactions vacancies had been open since 1st Sep and only closed yesterday I think, which could only mean they have filled up the places or they have received a large amount of apps that they think they will fill up the remaining spots. The lady on the phone said its unlikely to reopen when I called yday.
Reply 163
Original post by hodgey111
Think this is referring to the one where you had to match the answers based on their formality. It was actually quite hard, easily the hardest part of the test. My only advice would be to just concentrate and spend some time thinking of how informal some of the messages are. Think about whether you'd be happy with that being sent as a professional email I guess.

What be a good enough time to pass the verbal for EY???

Also part 2 of the verbal where u have to correct any spelling/grammar/punctuation mistakes, is it mainly spelling mistake that u have correct? My couldn't a lot of mistakes regarding grammar or punctuation.
Original post by e^x
I remember they had vacancies open until Feb too. But transactions vacancies had been open since 1st Sep and only closed yesterday I think, which could only mean they have filled up the places or they have received a large amount of apps that they think they will fill up the remaining spots. The lady on the phone said its unlikely to reopen when I called yday.

Having an open application for Transactions, I certainly hope it's not the former! Even if the latter is the case, it means crazy competition... :ashamed:

Thanks for the info though! Did my verbal and numerical about 5 days ago and no news...
Original post by e^x
What be a good enough time to pass the verbal for EY???

Also part 2 of the verbal where u have to correct any spelling/grammar/punctuation mistakes, is it mainly spelling mistake that u have correct? My couldn't a lot of mistakes regarding grammar or punctuation.

I can't really say what a 'good' time is I'm afraid. There is a mixture of spelling mistakes and punctuation mistakes.

Has anyone who has successfully completed the Deloitte tests and been invited to interview received a link regarding convenient time for interview yet? It's been 3 weeks since I passed the tests but still have not been able to arrange an interview.
How are you guys practicing for the numerical tests? Have you bought any of the online test prep bundles, if so any recommendations?*

Hey, for the deloitte application, for the 2 career motivation questions it says 200 words in bullet points but when I put in my bullet points in (copy and pasted from microsoft word) and save it, when I return back it doesn't save as bullet points and just ends up as question marks.

So did you guys manage to put bullet points in or just used normal text for the 200 word summary
Reply 168
Original post by juventus100
Hey, for the deloitte application, for the 2 career motivation questions it says 200 words in bullet points but when I put in my bullet points in (copy and pasted from microsoft word) and save it, when I return back it doesn't save as bullet points and just ends up as question marks.

So did you guys manage to put bullet points in or just used normal text for the 200 word summary

I just took out the bullet points and started each point on a new line. The bullet points were counting as words so taking them out allows for more text. I've passed the online forms/tests so it didn't hurt my application. Best of luck!
Original post by mays650
I just took out the bullet points and started each point on a new line. The bullet points were counting as words so taking them out allows for more text. I've passed the online forms/tests so it didn't hurt my application. Best of luck!

Oh cool, did you apply for audit?
Reply 170
Original post by juventus100
Oh cool, did you apply for audit?

I applied for technology consultancy, but fairly sure the application form is the same
Reply 171
Original post by PPEStudent2307
Having an open application for Transactions, I certainly hope it's not the former! Even if the latter is the case, it means crazy competition... :ashamed:

Thanks for the info though! Did my verbal and numerical about 5 days ago and no news...

have u heard back from ey??
Hi, has anyone had a telephone interview yet with EY for an assurance vac scheme?
Original post by josh_v
Has anyone got/been to an interview for BDO? How was it?

I've got first round interview next week. Apparently its just a strength based interview.

Which scheme did you apply for because their 2017 applications havent opened yet?
Original post by sachinisgod
Which scheme did you apply for because their 2017 applications havent opened yet?

December 2016 Risk Advisory.*

Good experience overall. My first face-to-face interview so not much to compare it to, but it was a positive experience.
Original post by e^x
have u heard back from ey??

Nope :confused:. But I know people have called up EY HR and been told that they've passed and that they'll have information sent to them soon. I'm torn between waiting and calling them up about whether I've passed the tests.

EDIT: got my strengths report today (30 September) but still no response from EY themselves
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey everyone - I have a partner interview with PwC coming up. Any advice on the questions?
Original post by Matthew7
Hey everyone - I have a partner interview with PwC coming up. Any advice on the questions?

During my partner interview last year...just got asked competency questions, same as the telephone interview*
Original post by josh_v
December 2016 Risk Advisory.*

Good experience overall. My first face-to-face interview so not much to compare it to, but it was a positive experience.

Hi, when did you make this application?*
Original post by Roshniroxy
Hi, when did you make this application?*

Think I submitted around September 1st.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending