The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Can't think name
Band 2 n GCSEs: 7A*s n 4A n 1 Merit
Do they look at the breakdown of ukcat or overall? Ooh n Iv already done my alevels A*A*A

They look at overall and your band. You will be fine for Hull York with those stats despite your UKCAT- mine are the same except my UKCAT average is lower at 640. You should definitely consider Exeter too as you will be in top tier for those achieved A-levels!
Original post by maximo_clark
Got 4 straight rejections last year but have powered on and got my 3A's.
I just did my UKCAT and got:VR: 630QR: 890AR: 700gives an average of 740.Do you guys think it'd be worth applying to Newcastle?

if you dont mind me asking, did you find the AR sets each have several conditions/rules? and was the QR text heavy and did it have long step calculations?
Original post by Squishy*

VR: 840. 4-5 paragraphs, ≈4 tfc ≈7 comprehension. The key words were generally easier than medify.

QR:760 :mad:. Data questions and a few confusingly worded questions

AR: 890 patterns were quite simple but i think they mark it easily

Band 1. Some big ones had few questions but they were basically the same as any other practice website i tried.

Medify is best. Isc is alright.

wow very well done squishy.

:bumps:

840 in VR aswel!!
do you remember any AR shapes ? x

VR: 840. 4-5 paragraphs, ≈4 tfc ≈7 comprehension. The key words were generally easier than medify.

QR:760 :mad:. Data questions and a few confusingly worded questions

AR: 890 patterns were quite simple but i think they mark it easily

Band 1. Some big ones had few questions but they were basically the same as any other practice website i tried.

Medify is best. Isc is alright.

also what was your VR approach,, was it scanning ?or did you skim read?
Original post by Lostperson
wow very well done squishy.

:bumps:

840 in VR aswel!!
do you remember any AR shapes ? x

Just like position of shapes and number of shapes.
Certain colour of certain shapes.
Perhaps there was symmetry not sure.
I ignore any lines or arrows that seem to be random.

VR, i skim read then look at the question then scan it again.
Just like position of shapes and number of shapes.
Certain colour of certain shapes.
Perhaps there was symmetry not sure.
I ignore any lines or arrows that seem to be random.

VR, i skim read then look at the question then scan it again.

thanks... can I ask how you did on the official mocks?
Bloody mocks are ruining my life.
AR 750
VR 750
QR 550 :/

I hate maths.
Original post by ASupertramp
Bloody mocks are ruining my life.
AR 750
VR 750
QR 550 :/

I hate maths.

i would say this is a good mock ??

which mock is this?
i would say this is a good mock ??

which mock is this?

Thanks.
Medify full mock. Unfortunately unless that QR improves drastically over the weekend, I won't be applying this year.
I f****** up guys :frown: VR: 600 QR:710 AR: 530 and Band 3!!!!!!! WTFFF

Tbh I only revised a couple days. I'm going to be studying abroad so these results don't mean anything to me
Original post by Angelo12231
I f****** up guys :frown: VR: 600 QR:710 AR: 530 and Band 3!!!!!!! WTFFF

Tbh I only revised a couple days. I'm going to be studying abroad so these results don't mean anything to me

what do you feel was so difficult?
what do you feel was so difficult?

Nothings suppose to be diffcult m8, practice and you'll get what u deserve
Original post by Orangeflower6
They look at overall and your band. You will be fine for Hull York with those stats despite your UKCAT- mine are the same except my UKCAT average is lower at 640. You should definitely consider Exeter too as you will be in top tier for those achieved A-levels!

Thanks mate. U applying for hull York? Do you know Wat the ukcat cut off Wat last yr for the uni?
Original post by Can't think name
Thanks mate. U applying for hull York? Do you know Wat the ukcat cut off Wat last yr for the uni?

I'm applying yes, they score GCSEs, your UKCAT and your band, last year band 1 and 2 were counted as the same. I don't think they use a cut off as good GCSEs can make up for a poor UKCAT, I've read 40 points was the cut off for UKCAT but someone from my college got in with 635, one with 640 and two with 645 so I wouldn't worry.
Hey guys hope everyones applications are going well.

I just wanted a bit of advice, I just sat my UKCAT and I am really gutted.
AR: 700
QR:700
VR:480

I am a graduate with a 1st Class Master in Pharmacy from KCL. I am also a pre-registration pharmacist, working in a flagship boots store. For my A levels: I have A in Maths, A in Biology and B in Chemistry.

I don't mind the funding and can apply for both the 5 year course and the 4 year graduate course. At the moment I have no idea where to apply to be offered interviews. I just want to have the chance to study medicine and am fully determined.

Where do you guys think I should apply or would advise based on your own researches.

Thanks,
Original post by hasaanh
Hey guys hope everyones applications are going well.

I just wanted a bit of advice, I just sat my UKCAT and I am really gutted.
AR: 700
QR:700
VR:480

I am a graduate with a 1st Class Master in Pharmacy from KCL. I am also a pre-registration pharmacist, working in a flagship boots store. For my A levels: I have A in Maths, A in Biology and B in Chemistry.

I don't mind the funding and can apply for both the 5 year course and the 4 year graduate course. At the moment I have no idea where to apply to be offered interviews. I just want to have the chance to study medicine and am fully determined.

Where do you guys think I should apply or would advise based on your own researches.

Thanks,

hey...
have you sat the GAMSAT? X
hey...
have you sat the GAMSAT? X

I intend to apply to only UKCAT unis. No BMAT or GAMSAT
Hey guys,
I'm so sorry if this question has been asked before, but how similar are the Official mocks to the real thing? Especially QR?

Many thanks!
Original post by hasaanh
I intend to apply to only UKCAT unis. No BMAT or GAMSAT

hmmm I think that will be quite hard..
I think Cambridge, you may be in for a shot? they don't use any entrance exams.
Original post by Orangeflower6
I'm applying yes, they score GCSEs, your UKCAT and your band, last year band 1 and 2 were counted as the same. I don't think they use a cut off as good GCSEs can make up for a poor UKCAT, I've read 40 points was the cut off for UKCAT but someone from my college got in with 635, one with 640 and two with 645 so I wouldn't worry.

I read on their website that they give points for each section of the ukcat? N thx for the reply 👍🏽👍🏽

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending