The Student Room Group

Law at a good uni with BTEC?

There are probably 50 different versions of this thread but I couldn't find one so here we go..

So I am studying BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business and a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Law. So far I have got all distinctions in every unit and have already got a D* grade (I am predicted to achieve D*D*D* by next June).
I really want to get into as good a uni as possible and have been looking in South East area mostly to study either Law, Law and Politics or Law with European Legal Systems.

I just want to know if I am aiming too high since people still look down on BTECS a lot over A levels.

Also could I get some suggestions on unis in London i could get into.
And one last thing, I am doing these BTECS because i completely flopped my AS levels, I'm not including those grades on my application or CV mainly because I am embarrassed by them but also because I don't want them to disadvantage me. Do you think they should be included even though they are awful? I don't have the cirtificates from them because I was embarrassed to go back to my old sixth form, does that matter? Also, what am I supposed to say if I don't include them in my application/CV and someone notices i have a year missing between GCSEs and BTEC?

Thanks for the help
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
anyone????
Original post by rosiew06
anyone????

I am not too sure on which universities will accept BTECs, probably best to look at their requirements or email them, asking them if they'd accept you.

Oh, and you have to submit all the results you achieve. All your GCSE's and all your AS results, despite of what you got -- for UCAS. For your CV, I don't think it matters
Original post by rosiew06

And one last thing, I am doing these BTECS because i completely flopped my AS levels, I'm not including those grades on my application or CV mainly because I am embarrassed by them but also because I don't want them to disadvantage me.

Thanks for the help

You'll get in trouble if you get caught doing this. There are numerous posts on this forum from users who did not include all of their results on their UCAS form, and had their application rejected because of it.

In terms of London unis you could get into, your best bet is to email the ones you're interested in. However, while they may accept BTECs, I'd imagine you'd be less competitive than somebody that's done a levels and gotten strong results.
Reply 4
Original post by Ze Witcher
I am not too sure on which universities will accept BTECs, probably best to look at their requirements or email them, asking them if they'd accept you.

Oh, and you have to submit all the results you achieve. All your GCSE's and all your AS results, despite of what you got -- for UCAS. For your CV, I don't think it matters

Original post by Jasaron
You'll get in trouble if you get caught doing this. There are numerous posts on this forum from users who did not include all of their results on their UCAS form, and had their application rejected because of it.

In terms of London unis you could get into, your best bet is to email the ones you're interested in. However, while they may accept BTECs, I'd imagine you'd be less competitive than somebody that's done a levels and gotten strong results.

Well thats crap news, thanks for the help guys
U can get into top uni's with btec. I've met a student who did btec and got into a top 5 Uk university for a science related course. But call them up ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bristol.
Reply 7
Hi,What university did you end up attending?
Reply 8
Original post by Demi2020
Hi,What university did you end up attending?

UEA! I also got accepted to Kent university and others

Latest

Trending

Trending