The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2641
Original post by Zamestaneh
Np :smile:

Although calling people to act 'humanely' is on the surface a noble cause, unfortunately this is flawed as morality is subjective (in the absence of a religious appeal to the authority of God), thus to be 'humane' is subjective and relative to one's perception, emotions, understanding, how they have been raised and the societal expectations of the time etc.

Secondly, your presumption that 'innocent people' go to Hell is flawed - by definition, no one who goes to Hell is innocent, otherwise they wouldn't be in Hell. Rather, your line of argumentation should be 'I do not necessarily agree with the reasons of why they are being sent to Hell', and from this, you can then make (what I assume to be) your case that 'good ' people who did not believe in Islam will be sent to Hell. In response to this, we would then say that people will not be dealt with unjustly by God, and He will not punish them for what was not their fault of their belief (like if they didn't hear about Islam or monotheism), and instead be tested with something else, therefore those guilty of disbelief are not innocent, and those who are not guilty are innocent... and then this discussion can continue, and I can also mention several points of why Shirk and Kufr are the worst sins from a rational point of view (and not just a religious point of view).

Has he deleted the post he quoted me on or am I just not able to find it? :s-smilie:

Anyway, your response was great masha'Allah :smile:

Original post by IdeasForLife
Turned on the TV and caught the last part of a documentary about Aleppo. The Muslims of Aleppo are so resilient in the face of attacks by the Regime and Russia. May Allah be pleased with them and all the other Muslims who suffer from oppression and may He reward their patience.

Ameen.

Original post by tasha_tah
Salams everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykum Assalaam :h:

Original post by mediaya
My first ever post here!
How is everyone doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to the thread! :awesome:
Fine thanks :h:

Original post by Leukocyte
For a few days now while I'm praying my eyes start to hurt so badly like it's time for me to sleep. It's hard trying to keep them open. I'm supposed to concentrate but I'm more focused on my eyes acting dodgy and like my mind is just reciting on it's own. I don't know whether it's due to waking up so early so I get to uni at 9am. Has this happened to anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Drink plenty of water throughout the day and take like 1 or 2 hrs of nap during the day to help with the tiredness. Rest cucumbers (cut in circles) on your eyelids (for like 5-10 mins) , your eyes will feel so much better. Try to eat healthy too. If keeps happening over long time, then yeah see your GP. Insha'Allah
You'll be fine :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/doamuslims/videos/1161979620516270/

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.
This is absolutely dreadful, if this was the case with a developed country then things would be different and there would be more outrage. They will get away with many evil actions because it is an unstable country already.
Original post by Leukocyte
Three large pizzas!? MashaAllah 😂
You need to start gym.

Walaykum asalaam

Posted from TSR Mobile

You trying to say I'm fat :hmmm:

Spoiler

Original post by h333
Has he deleted the post he quoted me on or am I just not able to find it? :s-smilie:

The mods removed his post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2644
Original post by HAnwar
You trying to say I'm fat :hmmm:

Spoiler

:toofunny: you fatty.

The mods removed his post

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah I see, totally didn't think of that, thanks.
Jummah mubarak everyone!
Original post by ak143244
Jummah mubarak everyone!

:smile:

University next week, I was so excited for it to start, now I am like T_T (Doing MSc now after some years of working...While continuing to work. I was a lazy student before, I wonder how I'll survive juggling both now LOL)
Original post by mashbbk

University next week, I was so excited for it to start, now I am like T_T (Doing MSc now after some years of working...While continuing to work. I was a lazy student before, I wonder how I'll survive juggling both now LOL)

Ah good luck, inshallah you'll pass. Are you in your 2nd year? What are yous studying?
Reply 2648
Jummah mubarak everyone!

Jummah mubarak to you too :smile:
Original post by h333
Jummah mubarak to you too :smile:

Jazakullah for rep :smile: How's your day been?
Ah good luck, inshallah you'll pass. Are you in your 2nd year? What are yous studying?

Studying MSc Computer Science part-time, while working full time. What could possibly go wrong.... :rolleyes:
Reply 2651
Jazakullah for rep :smile: How's your day been?

BarakAllahu Feek :h: good Alhamdulillah,yours?
Original post by mashbbk
Studying MSc Computer Science part-time, while working full time. What could possibly go wrong.... :rolleyes:

Ah that's good, I'm studying Computing as an A Level. Wish me luck! :smile:
Original post by h333
BarakAllahu Feek :h: good Alhamdulillah,yours?

Alhamdullilah good, been busy with college stuff. Sorry for the late reply as well, was praying.
Reply 2654
Alhamdullilah good, been busy with college stuff. Sorry for the late reply as well, was praying.

Great :smile: Oh don't worry, no problem, masha'Allah.
Reply 2655
Someone shared this with me so I thought why not here :h::

King Saud University has released the long-awaited Complete Qur'an App. Dont leave any1 out, send them The Qur'an as a gift. KSU have made great efforts in its preparation & made it user friendly.
Full complete Qur'an & its interpretation just by touching the screen from left to right.
http://quran.ksu.edu.sa/m.php?l=ar#aya=1_1
Voice + recite + translation + interpretation
Pls share & gain Ajr in the Da'awa process In Shaa Allaah.

Best gift of the year.👍

Asalaamualaykum, welcome to the thread. I'm doing good alhamdulillah, I hope you are too.

Walaykumsalaam :h:
Thanks you! :biggrin:
I'm glad to hear that & yes i am too :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333

Welcome to the thread! :awesome:
Fine thanks :h:

Thanks! :five:
Thats good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah that's good, I'm studying Computing as an A Level. Wish me luck! :smile:

I'm sure you'll smash it 😉
Original post by mashbbk
I'm sure you'll smash it 😉

Thanks, I hope so :smile:

Original post by h333
Great :smile: Oh don't worry, no problem, masha'Allah.

Latest

Trending

Trending