The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

I thought I'd have heard back from my PIP mandatory reconsideration by now since its been three weeks. That *****y resource worker I told you about said it would hear back within a week or two most likely and that she was 99% it would be rejected. I'm not one to think no news is good news when it comes to the DWP however :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cinnie
That's great! Are you on any AP's at all now?

Yes, unfortunately. Amisulpride and aripripizole. So still weight gain side effects but no where near as much as clozapine and olanzapine which I was on previously.*
Original post by Noodlzzz
Yes, unfortunately. Amisulpride and aripripizole. So still weight gain side effects but no where near as much as clozapine and olanzapine which I was on previously.*

I'm gonna try and ask for aripiprazole on monday when I see the psych.

So jealous of you
Good things happening in noodlzzz MH life:

1) Stopped the olanazapine 3 days ago and already lost weight
2) Scars are really fading now. Should be able to wear short sleeves this summer in front of classmates (I have no problem doing so with friends/family and general public atm btw)
3) Got a letter from the psychiatrist supporting my application for DSA and getting support from the uni with this letter so I can hopefully do well this year, unlike my undergrad experience*

Good to hear!
Original post by Cinnie
I'm gonna try and ask for aripiprazole on monday when I see the psych.

So jealous of you

Best of luck, do let me know what they say :hugs:
Good things happening in noodlzzz MH life:

1) Stopped the olanazapine 3 days ago and already lost weight
2) Scars are really fading now. Should be able to wear short sleeves this summer in front of classmates (I have no problem doing so with friends/family and general public atm btw)
3) Got a letter from the psychiatrist supporting my application for DSA and getting support from the uni with this letter so I can hopefully do well this year, unlike my undergrad experience*

Nice one, noodlzzz! :five:
Dissociated again after therapy :emo:

Sorry I'm not replying, even though I'm reading. Just not in the best place to offer support to others atm :frown:
welp that was bloody useless :smile:
apparently i can have sleeping tablets if i wanted cos im old enough but what is the point of that cos that isnt acc solving the issue.
i need to 'de-stress' appaz and they cant even fix them bc they arent reoccurring and they dont know why i wake up in the night 😂
tbh might just drug myself out on piriton
what a great idea i shall do just that.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Dissociated again after therapy :emo:

Sorry I'm not replying, even though I'm reading. Just not in the best place to offer support to others atm :frown:

:hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
Nice one, noodlzzz! :five:

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Good to hear!

Thanks guys!
A relatively good day for me. Managed to get some exercise and got some work done!
:hugs: to all :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, the waiting times on the NHS can be pretty ridiculous. If you have a CC perhaps it's time to call her? I don't know much about anorexia but I imagine that a lot of people who struggle with that also struggle with depression so maybe the differences are less large than you might think? I know it can be really scary, and really really hard to reach out for help but I do think it's probably the best thing you can do. It sounds like you're in a pretty dark place right now and I understand not wanting to take time out of your course but, ime, this kind of thing doesn't generally resolve itself. I think if you did get pulled up by the people who deal with medical conditions in medical students (I have completely forgotten their name) then it's gonna look better that you're getting help than trying to deal with things on your own.

I know it's scary to see the counseling service, but I think they would know more about this than me or anyone else here and it can be really good to just let off steam with someone who isn't going to judge you.

Thank you :smile: I'm really scared, but I'm going to try talking to someone tomorrow. I can't go on like this, and I know the uni has counselling sessions on a friday.
Any advice from here? I've admitted to some close friends tonight that I seriously need help, and they were very responsive... but I'm still so scared.
Original post by Ezme39
Thank you :smile: I'm really scared, but I'm going to try talking to someone tomorrow. I can't go on like this, and I know the uni has counselling sessions on a friday.
Any advice from here? I've admitted to some close friends tonight that I seriously need help, and they were very responsive... but I'm still so scared.

Glad your friends were responsive and hope you are able to get some support today. Well done for being brave! As Saber said, occupational health are likely to be more supportive/understanding if they can see that you are engaging with services and are willing to be helped :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Each day feels like a new version of ****ed up lol... *sigh*
In contrast to yesterday I am feeling very very low. Bad thoughts are consuming me. Cannot stop crying. I look in the mirror and I see a zombie...
:hugs: to all nevertheless
Original post by Skysweeper
In contrast to yesterday I am feeling very very low. Bad thoughts are consuming me. Cannot stop crying. I look in the mirror and I see a zombie...
:hugs: to all nevertheless

I think you're the one that needs the hug :hugs:

We are here if you need to talk.*
asdfghjkl :cry2:
I think you're the one that needs the hug :hugs:

We are here if you need to talk.*

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Airmed
asdfghjkl :cry2:

Whats up? :hugs:
Original post by Skysweeper
Whats up? :hugs:

A lot of stuff. Head is pounding from these stupid meds.
I just want to stop caring about everyone and everything. My head feels so heavy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest