The Student Room Group

if I don't like my degree, can I change?

I wanted to do physiotherapy originally but I didn't get into it due to lack of work experience, so I did sport rehabilitation instead.

I enjoy the degree, but after a lot of research, I realised it doesn't open a lot of doors, as everyone would prefer physios to sport rehabbers.

would it be possible to switch from sport rehab to nursing? my uni does offer nursing. and I have the grades for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unaManzana
I wanted to do physiotherapy originally but I didn't get into it due to lack of work experience, so I did sport rehabilitation instead.

I enjoy the degree, but after a lot of research, I realised it doesn't open a lot of doors, as everyone would prefer physios to sport rehabbers.

would it be possible to switch from sport rehab to nursing? my uni does offer nursing. and I have the grades for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How recently have u entered your course and have you asked your teachers?
Maybe read this...http://university.which.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/how-easy-is-it-to-switch-courses-once-im-at-university
I don't think there's any harm in asking :smile: perhaps discuss with a lecturer or seminar leader the best ways to go about it- or is there anything you could do at the end of the course so you can have a physio qualification, like a conversion course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You dont say how long you have been on your course. The fact you have done research that changed your mind makes me wonder why you didnt do the research before?

Nursing is even more competitive. Its unlikely they have any places, but ask. I'd say your chances are minute.

Dont do a degree you dont wnat. Talk to your tutor and maybe suspend your studies and reapply or transfer next year.
Original post by 999tigger
You dont say how long you have been on your course. The fact you have done research that changed your mind makes me wonder why you didnt do the research before?

Nursing is even more competitive. Its unlikely they have any places, but ask. I'd say your chances are minute.

Dont do a degree you dont wnat. Talk to your tutor and maybe suspend your studies and reapply or transfer next year.

I'm an undergrad only done my introductory lectures last week,next week is when the real lectures start

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an undergrad only done my introductory lectures last week,next week is when the real lectures start

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to ask, but id say your chances of nursing are much less than the physio course they wouldnt let you on originally. Nursing is very competitive.

My concern is that nobody should do a degree they dont wnat to especually with another one they wnat to go on. Crazy as you will be getting into about £15,000 worth of debt over it.

If I knew I wanted to do pihsyio I would withdraw from Uni, stop them charging fees this year and reapply with the appropriate experience, whenever that might be. It may be too late even now before they start charging you fees. Normally have 2-3 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :smile:,

Best thing would be to seek the advice of your support system at university. They'll be able to advice you and let you know for certain!

Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest