The Student Room Group

Actuarial Grad Schemes 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NEha21
When did you receive an email from EY? Did you attach your CV to the application?

I had to contact them personally and only then did they update my application.
Original post by Paraphilos
Just honestly speaking I hadn't heard of XL Catlin until you mentioned it. I made an extensive (or what I thought was extensive) list of all consultancies and insurance companies in an Excel file but sometimes I just don't know whether I've missed them off or not.

Do you have any advice by the way in terms of picking a specific path (in terms of life insurance, or pensions etc.)? I understand their vague differences but honestly speaking can't identify what is drastically different about them. Or should I just apply for as many as possible?

I am very certain you will still have missed some. How big is your list currently?
Original post by yudothis
I am very certain you will still have missed some. How big is your list currently?

I've only sent off ten applications at the moment, and most of the research I did for that was when I had a bit more time - my graduate programme has started now so I'm extremely busy.
I've only sent off ten applications at the moment, and most of the research I did for that was when I had a bit more time - my graduate programme has started now so I'm extremely busy.

So what is the answer, how big is your list?
Original post by yudothis
So what is the answer, how big is your list?

That is actually not bad if you are just going European.
Original post by hunderfert
anyone else a 2016 graduate applying for 2017 intake?

I'm looking at applying for a few actuarial grad schemes, although my degree isn't finance related. Anyone know if this could be an issue? Cheers
Original post by olly5082
I'm looking at applying for a few actuarial grad schemes, although my degree isn't finance related. Anyone know if this could be an issue? Cheers

As long as its a numerate degree it doesn't matter. Mine isn't finance related (I studied maths).
has kpmg updated anyone as to whether they're opening the actuarial scheme this year outside of pensions?
Can someone give me some companies to apply for that have actuarial grad schemes please? Preferably ones that don't have verbal or SJT online tests because then I have no chance! I hate how some companies want an A in english language at gcse. I got a C :frown:

I am a 2016 grad that is unemployed as f!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by goofymark13
has kpmg updated anyone as to whether they're opening the actuarial scheme this year outside of pensions?

Seems like KPMG don't have them or something. Really strange.
Reply 51
Has anyone else heard back from Standard Life yet? Applied a few weeks ago and have still not heard anything back, not sure if this is good or not.
anyone got EY telephone interview??
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
anyone got EY telephone interview??

I still haven't heard back from numerical and verbal tests yet. Did you pass them? I found the verbal quite hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cooldudeman
I still haven't heard back from numerical and verbal tests yet. Did you pass them? I found the verbal quite hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same and I also found the verbal hard. Kind of annoying how many tests there are for every single company but I know they have no other way of eliminating the sheer number of candidates.
Same and I also found the verbal hard. Kind of annoying how many tests there are for every single company but I know they have no other way of eliminating the sheer number of candidates.

I just recieved an email with the feedback report and no reply whether i passed the stage or not. It's this normal?

Since the second stage of tests are numerical and verbal, they must only base it on that. I got level 7 for numerical and some BS feedback for verbal, saying what my strongest and weakest points are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Anyone completed the Zurich tests? The system is disgustingly awful to the point where I can't actually submit the test and some of the questions barely make sense.
Original post by cooldudeman
I just recieved an email with the feedback report and no reply whether i passed the stage or not. It's this normal?

Since the second stage of tests are numerical and verbal, they must only base it on that. I got level 7 for numerical and some BS feedback for verbal, saying what my strongest and weakest points are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received the same as you for the numerical and the same feedback for verbal. Haven't yet heard of a result.
Original post by JWz
Anyone completed the Zurich tests? The system is disgustingly awful to the point where I can't actually submit the test and some of the questions barely make sense.

I failed it apparently straight after I wasted an hour trawling through it. Horrible test for me too. Which part did you dislike?
Reply 59
I failed it apparently straight after I wasted an hour trawling through it. Horrible test for me too. Which part did you dislike?

Pretty much all of it haha. Some of the numerical questions didn't really make sense and the inclusion of the logic test at the end just topped it off. Somehow I passed it though.

Is anyone able to share some tips for Aon and Zurich video interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending