The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by polly.holden9
580 in VR and AR and 830 in QR. I had really been struggling with QR up until the last day. Just make sure you have percentage change nailed

what was your AR strategy ?
Original post by .......Jeff458
I had ones like where each section of a girls day (Anna) is in degrees so for example television was 45 degrees. Calculate the time Anna watched television for.

ahhh so you do 45/360 x by ... what do u multiply it by?
General tips? Especially with timing. Thanks
Original post by mm_7
ahhh so you do 45/360 x by ... what do u multiply it by?

Yeah so 45/360 because of the angle. You would then multiply by 24 as it is the number of hours in a day and the question refers to 'Anna's' breakdown of activities each DAY. Some asked for a week in which case you would know what to do :smile:
How can i improve my VR score?? I am findin it so difficult
Yeah so 45/360 because of the angle. You would then multiply by 24 as it is the number of hours in a day and the question refers to 'Anna's' breakdown of activities each DAY. Some asked for a week in which case you would know what to do :smile:

oh ok thanks!! i guess i just need to practice this ..

how were the VR and AR sections overall tho?? I am panicking about VR cuz i still dont know how to do the reading comprehension style Qs :/
Original post by mm_7
oh ok thanks!! i guess i just need to practice this ..

how were the VR and AR sections overall tho?? I am panicking about VR cuz i still dont know how to do the reading comprehension style Qs :/

AR felt easy but turned out to bed bad (600) so don't take my advice!

VR passages were actually short. My friend sat the test the day before me and said the exact same thing. We both also said our questions were complex. Do medify timed practice and speed reading practice things. You will get 3 T/F/CT or 4 if you are lucky. Questions will be on topics you won't know much about unless you are lucky but doun't count on it!
Please guys who have done the UKCAT already, could you give us some tips on comprehension and AR in general as they are the ones I am struggling on, especially the timing. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
AR felt easy but turned out to bed bad (600) so don't take my advice!

VR passages were actually short. My friend sat the test the day before me and said the exact same thing. We both also said our questions were complex. Do medify timed practice and speed reading practice things. You will get 3 T/F/CT or 4 if you are lucky. Questions will be on topics you won't know much about unless you are lucky but doun't count on it!

ahhh on medify timed practice im getting 22/40 which is my highest score so far in VR ..

how did you approach the reading comprehension style questions? did you eliminate options or use another method
Has anyone else noticed that on UCAS for liverpool A100 it says that you need to take the Ukcat AND the Gamsat. Must be a typo but its still slightly concerning.
are there many questions in QR that need standard form?
Original post by mm_7
ahhh on medify timed practice im getting 22/40 which is my highest score so far in VR ..

how did you approach the reading comprehension style questions? did you eliminate options or use another method

I would guess and flag all except the T/F/CT ones if I saw a short passage or question I would do them all the way. Limit yourself to at least 3 mins on the T/F/CT ones so you can go over the rest. Tbh I am happy with 600 in verbal so 560 wasn't bad for me in the exam. My highest has been 700+ but you got this. MOVE THE F**K ON AFTER 3 MINS. Ideally it should be 2 but if you are really struggling then make it 3
I would guess and flag all except the T/F/CT ones if I saw a short passage or question I would do them all the way. Limit yourself to at least 3 mins on the T/F/CT ones so you can go over the rest. Tbh I am happy with 600 in verbal so 560 wasn't bad for me in the exam. My highest has been 700+ but you got this. MOVE THE F**K ON AFTER 3 MINS. Ideally it should be 2 but if you are really struggling then make it 3

great!!! just out of interest, where are you applying??
Original post by mm_7
great!!! just out of interest, where are you applying??

I am actually deciding that now! I hav a tab open for TSR and one for researching how uni's use the UKCAT:smile:
I am actually deciding that now! I hav a tab open for TSR and one for researching how uni's use the UKCAT:smile:

ahhh ok! are u doing BMAT?
Reply 6515
Well done to everyone who has done the UKCAT! I wish you all the best with your med applications.

Just a question. Medify QR seems very calculator heavy compared the official pearson vue practice sets.

How the the real exam compare in terms of calculator use?

Cheers,
K
Has anyone tried the medify personal statement review? Don't wanna waste £55.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6517
Hey Guys,

I am a graduate with a 1st in BSc Biomedical Sciences and just waiting for MSc results. A levels were terrible.
Did my UKCAT and got:
VR 530
QR 670
AR 700
SJ Band 1

Average of 633 :/ Not sure if this is good enough for either GEM or 5 year course?
Reply 6518
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could provide my friend some advice regarding which universities would best suit her stats. Any advice would be much appreciated.
First in Podiatry Degree
UKCAT Avg 690 and band 1 in SJT.
Ladies pls... You don't have to fight over me! You can both have me, not a problem at all!!!! :biggrin:

Lmao 😛👯

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending