The Student Room Group

Uni stress- are my grades good enough for psychology BSc?

Hi everyone,
I am in my A2 year and I'm trying to sort out my university options. I am studying psychology, english literature, art and general studies for a-level and i got ABB in my AS's (the A was in art) and a C in general studies
My predicted grades are:
Art- A*, English Lit- A, Psych-B and Gen Stud-B
Since I got a B at AS in psych, i was hoping my teacher would predict me an A but she won't so now I'm really worried that i won't get any offers.
I really want to go to Manchester/Nottingham which are both AAB, but I don't know if thats possible, now that I'm not being predicted an A in psychology.
Im so upset because i know if i work hard i can achieve an A.

If anyone that has been through this/going through this has any advice as to what i should do regarding uni choices and whether my grades are good enough, i would really appreciate it.

:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
But most places don't even ask for psychology at a levels anyway.....
I think you will get offers but try talk to your head of sixth form about the grade and try get predicted an A
You're predicted A*ABB, why wouldn't that be good enough for Nottingham/Manchester? You're predicted to achieve higher than what they want. Unless it states on their entrance requirements page what they want an A/B in, it doesn't actually matter - and it's unlikely they'd want a specific grade for psychology since loads of applicants won't do it at A-level

Apply, you'll be fine
Reply 4
Original post by a_d_e
But most places don't even ask for psychology at a levels anyway.....

I know, but the uni's I'm looking at all want a science (which includes psychology) so I'm just worried
Reply 5
Original post by kirstybecs
You're predicted A*ABB, why wouldn't that be good enough for Nottingham/Manchester? You're predicted to achieve higher than what they want. Unless it states on their entrance requirements page what they want an A/B in, it doesn't actually matter - and it's unlikely they'd want a specific grade for psychology since loads of applicants won't do it at A-level

Apply, you'll be fine

Thank you, this was really helpful. Im just worried because it might look bad if i get a B at a-level in something i want to do as my degree. Also, other people who apply might have better subjects than me and might have an advantage. Im just so stressed :'(
Reply 6
Original post by Epistemolog y
I think you will get offers but try talk to your head of sixth form about the grade and try get predicted an A

Im going to try on monday but i doubt she will change it because she usually sticks to what our teachers think we can get :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest