The Student Room Group

Why do so many people want to get in relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AllegedLegends
I suppose we're different kinds of people. I feel it profoundly. In my own home I find it difficult to sleep because it's so quiet and I know I'm alone. When I visit family I sleep straight away - just because there are other people in the house, watching TV/sleeping.

I can enjoy my own company but I don't like to be 'stuck' in my own company for prolonged periods - which is basically what living alone feels like to me. I can enjoy a good TV Drama for a couple of hours in the evening - or stuff where I'm keeping busy like cooking/laundry. But anything where I start to notice the silence is hard - reading, sleeping, early mornings. The radio is pretty good for company especially first thing in the morning when it's dark and cold - but still, even saying that feels sad to be honest.

I know this is going to sound so cliche but have you considered using your time to volunteer or getting a second job? It sounds like you're affected quite bad by loneliness and I feel bad for you :hugs:
Original post by 2016_GCSE
One does not annoy when paying high respect to there partner like I. For the tragic path is beyond ones soul as it is nothing more than that of a contempt figure of thought which sends one down a bad path.

Okay but getting into a relationship just because you're bored is a bad move, alright? You could end up with the wrong person and that can be bad because they could hurt you quite badly
You should not judge by looks for they could be deceiving of there reality instead you should approach cautiously and ask a few questions before a date.
You should not judge by looks for they could be deceiving of there reality instead you should approach cautiously and ask a few questions before a date.

Yeah, thank you, I figured this out already :rofl:
if you watch anime, you'll understand why.

Spoiler

Ah phew!
Oh wow they seem pretty desperate!

Indeed! :smile: Tbh there are lots of other reasons but that's an important one!
Yeah that's fair enough!
Just hoping I find her soon!
Original post by FireFreezer77
Ah phew!
Oh wow they seem pretty desperate!

Indeed! :smile: Tbh there are lots of other reasons but that's an important one!
Yeah that's fair enough!
Just hoping I find her soon!

They're STILL at it :rolleyes:

You will find her at some point, I'm pretty sure. You just need to get your self esteem up enough to actually talk to women
Don't mind if I do
Original post by katy-grace
That cute, sounds kinda poetic that, could be a hidden talent:h::clap2:

I'm a natural born romantic :colondollar:
Original post by AlexFam
Don't mind if I do

Damn you study near me aswell, we probably even could :laugh:
I second this so so much.
You study near Lancaster? What do you study?
Original post by AlexFam
You study near Lancaster? What do you study?

I study in the same county as Lancaster, not in Lancaster itself though. I used to study Chemistry, just taking a few gap years to get into a better university
I really really want one because I feel bored without one and as though I am missing half of myself.

This may sound romantic and cute to you, but it's not. It reeks of desperation and a lack of self confidence. You need to be a complete man to find a complete woman. Only then can the relationship be more than whole.
Aw, so close yet so far.

What universities were you thinking of? I only know maths and physics, what's Chemistry actually like?
Original post by AlexFam
Aw, so close yet so far.

What universities were you thinking of? I only know maths and physics, what's Chemistry actually like?

It's basically molecular physics with drug making on the side :laugh:

What's physics like?
Jeez hes real desperate!!

I Hope so tbh!
Well I can talk to girls! I went up to my last irl crush and had a 20 minute convo with her. Hadn't spoken before
Mole-cules? What's a mole-cule? I've never heard of a molecule before. :s-smilie:

Spoiler

It's like maths, but less abstract. Mechanics is **** boring stuff, cosmology is great stuff about space, lots of algebra, lots of calculus, lots of fun.

TL;DR it's applied maths.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Jeez hes real desperate!!

I Hope so tbh!
Well I can talk to girls! I went up to my last irl crush and had a 20 minute convo with her. Hadn't spoken before

20 minutes is good :biggrin:
Did you get her number or contact details after?
Original post by AngryRedhead
Talking about both genders although as of recent TSR seems to have had a rash of threads by a couple of users (or possibly just one individual :colone:) obsessed with getting into a relationship?

What is the big deal about them? Partners can be so needy/ clingy and inevitably always make lots of demands on your time and on you, physically, emotionally and financially. Can someone please explain what is so great about being in a relationship because I just don't get it. I have no desire for one either, whether I'm weird or not for that is a matter of your own personal opinion.

I will admit that I've never been in a serious one but the ones I have been in I found quite stifling so maybe I've just been dating the wrong type? Idk.

let the young and inexperienced have their fun then watch as they join out ranks of anti-relationshipers and I've been in a couple of serious relationships so

Quick Reply

Latest