The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister Dead
PHEW

don't get me started on that goal. That handball ffs.
PHEW

Very reluctantly captained him. He has ****ed me over so many times in the past... :facepalm:

Really didn't expect him to score that. But I'll take it! MORE PLEASE!
Original post by little_wizard123

Poor from the ref but it wasn't obvious.
Pretty much nobody noticed until the replay.

This game is dead - was pretty much out of nothing.
Original post by little_wizard123

Nothing wrong with the handball imo. Put his hands up to protect his face from Delaney's foot. Take this with a pinch of salt however.. As I have Lukaku as captain
Original post by Lúcio
Poor from the ref but it wasn't obvious.
Pretty much nobody noticed until the replay.

This game is dead - was pretty much out of nothing.

He just jumped forward and punched it.😂
Original post by UnWise
Very reluctantly captained him. He has ****ed me over so many times in the past... :facepalm:

Really didn't expect him to score that. But I'll take it! MORE PLEASE!

I was already getting that sinking feeling by the 30th minute. His body language is rank. Really need a second to go into the weekend feeling good
That is an absolutely brilliant header by Benteke.

World class.
Original post by Lúcio
That is an absolutely brilliant header by Benteke.

World class.

He's quality.
Original post by UnWise
He's quality.

Palace have been knocking it in to the box all game and you can see why.

It's hard to describe headers but we're unlikely to see a better one this season...
Original post by Lúcio
Palace have been knocking it in to the box all game and you can see why.

It's hard to describe headers but we're unlikely to see a better one this season...

Yeah I get what you mean.

One of the signings of the season, knew Crystal Palace would do perfectly well to sign him.
Original post by UnWise
Yeah I get what you mean.

One of the signings of the season, knew Crystal Palace would do perfectly well to sign him.

To generate that power and direction from that far out whilst being challenged is insane.

There's never been any doubt of his quality - even at Liverpool he showed signs of it. The only reason it didn't work out is because he couldn't be less suited to our style.

Everton have been helped so much by the officials in this game; as a Liverpool fan I'll be pretty annoyed if they end up winning this.
Original post by Lúcio
To generate that power and direction from that far out whilst being challenged is insane.

There's never been any doubt of his quality - even at Liverpool he showed signs of it. The only reason it didn't work out is because he couldn't be less suited to our style.

Everton have been helped so much by the officials in this game; as a Liverpool fan I'll be pretty annoyed if they end up winning this.

I never really understand why you signed him in the first place. That was never going to work.
Original post by Lúcio

Disallowing that goal was a good call. Doing your job isn't 'helping'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Disallowing that goal was a good call. Doing your job isn't 'helping'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everybody has their opinion but I don't agree.

Stekelenberg was getting nowhere near regardless and the Palace man wasn't close enough to have clearly affected the keeper's decision making. I can see what the linesman flagged it for but I'd call it harsh.

Just my (obviously biased) viewpoint though. Palace have certainly been the better team in this second half regardless.
Original post by UnWise
I never really understand why you signed him in the first place. That was never going to work.

Desperation signing, just like we did with Carroll.

Klopp is much more level-headed though - he'd rather have nobody than a player who doesn't fit his system.
Original post by Lúcio
Desperation signing, just like we did with Carroll.

Klopp is much more level-headed though - he'd rather have nobody than a player who doesn't fit his system.

He scored 19 in 34 in his first season and he's very good with his feet. He's definitely no Carroll, but yes, it was never going to be the best fit. Just think it's unfair for Benteke to be used in the same sentence as "desperation".

Benteke is ticking along nicely. Lukaku with 8 is very good, but hoping Ibra can hit double figures. So many selling before Stoke H has got to be punished.*
(edited 7 years ago)
The way this is being talked up its going to to be pretty funny if Stoke pull out a 0-0
The way this is being talked up its going to to be pretty funny if Stoke pull out a 0-0

Ibra bottled it against Leicester. He will be back. Utd will walk all over Stoke.

21 points for you. Decent start! I reckon both Lukaku and non-Lukaku owners will be happy. Could have been more.
Long way to go yet.

Latest