The Student Room Group

Why do so many people want to get in relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlexFam
Mole-cules? What's a mole-cule? I've never heard of a molecule before. :s-smilie:

Spoiler

It's like maths, but less abstract. Mechanics is **** boring stuff, cosmology is great stuff about space, lots of algebra, lots of calculus, lots of fun.

TL;DR it's applied maths.

I have to agree there, mechanics in a-level physics is possibly the most sleep inducing subject ever. Cosmology sounds pretty awesome though, do you cover nuclear stuff?
Yeah i guess so.

Nope, wasn't the right time. She said I could add her on FB but her settings didn't allow for that :/
And she ignored me the following week (I only saw her once a week).

I see you're doing some casual flirting here with the other guy :wink:
Original post by FireFreezer77
Yeah i guess so.

Nope, wasn't the right time. She said I could add her on FB but her settings didn't allow for that :/
And she ignored me the following week (I only saw her once a week).

:facepalm2:

Entirely normal behaviour then :/

Were talking about physics! Join in!
We did at a-level, so I'm assuming I will this year at uni. We went over the standard model, which was supposed to be brief, but my teacher loved physics. Used to talk about stuff like that all the time and go really in depth. Even set us homework to calculate the amount of free energy for the creation of new particles in a fixed particle collision experiment (a lot more difficult than it sounds, it took me a couple of hours to figure it out). Mechanics was boring because it's not space. Space and particle physics are what get me going. How in depth do you go in nuclear stuff for chemistry?
(edited 7 years ago)

It's my magnetic charm :wink:
Original post by jamesthehustler
let the young and inexperienced have their fun then watch as they join out ranks of anti-relationshipers and I've been in a couple of serious relationships so

I imagine it must be quite difficult to find a woman who knows as much about gold as you do
Why the face palm? You know I'm rubbish with girls!

How is it?

Except the fwb part :wink:
Original post by AlexFam

Is it now?
Sounds like someone is crushing on Dr Angry :wink:

My charm has been worked and realized :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Why the face palm? You know I'm rubbish with girls!

How is it?

Except the fwb part :wink:

I'm not facepalming at you, I'm doing it at her

We are, he's just being very punny is all :laugh:
Original post by AlexFam

I'm going to need to know your Lorentz force to confirm this, I'm afraid
Original post by AlexFam
We did at a-level, so I'm assuming I will this year at uni. We went over the standard model, which was supposed to be brief, but my teacher loved physics. Used to talk about stuff like that all the time and go really in depth. Even set us homework to calculate the amount of free energy for the creation of new particles in a fixed particle collision experiment (a lot more difficult than it sounds, it took me a couple of hours to figure it out). Mechanics was boring because it's not space. Space and particle physics are what get me going. How in depth do you go in nuclear stuff for chemistry?

I agree, all the stuff about meson's and gluons. We don't sadly :frown: Our focus is on electrons, not hardcore particle physics. I wish we covered stuff like that though, it would be interesting as hell
Ohhh I seeeee! :tongue:

Hmm ok then!
Ah I see, I'm rubbish at puns :tongue:
Id rather flirt with you :mmm:
I'm always ready for a bit of linear algebra. You'll need to know my direction and speed (in due time :wink:). The magnetism is naturally something you'll have to feel.

Spoiler

Switch majors. Physics is sick. Come to Lancaster :wink:, the offer is A*AA.
Is it now?
Sounds like someone is crushing on Dr Angry :wink:

My charm has been worked and realized :biggrin:

I don't "crush". Harmless flirting is always fun.
Original post by AlexFam
I'm always ready for a bit of linear algebra. You'll need to know my direction and speed (in due time :wink:). The magnetism is naturally something you'll have to feel.

Spoiler

I don't know much about magnetism but I sure know chemistry when I see it :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by AlexFam
Switch majors. Physics is sick. Come to Lancaster :wink:, the offer is A*AA.

Nah, I can't hack physics at degree level. I didn't even do maths A-level let alone FM.
Ohhh I seeeee! :tongue:

Hmm ok then!
Ah I see, I'm rubbish at puns :tongue:
Id rather flirt with you :mmm:

Just flirt then :smile:

Dive in
Original post by ForestShadow
well in a good relationship :love:

you have someone to talk to:love:
you can share your joy/pains :love:
someone loves you for who you are :love:
you see someone truly amazing everyday :love:

who doesnt want that? :holmes:

however there is the flipside that happens after 1 month/1 year or any timescale

there will be disagreements :holmes:
there will be miscommunications :holmes:
there can be trust issues :holmes:
honeymoon phase doesnt last forever :holmes:
ppl get to comfortable or get taken for granted :holmes:

why so many ...emoji? (this is not what they're called here on tsr, is it?=))))
Original post by AlexFam
I don't "crush". Harmless flirting is always fun.

Fair enough then
Original post by AngryRedhead
Talking about both genders although as of recent TSR seems to have had a rash of threads by a couple of users (or possibly just one individual :colone:) obsessed with getting into a relationship?

What is the big deal about them? Partners can be so needy/ clingy and inevitably always make lots of demands on your time and on you, physically, emotionally and financially. Can someone please explain what is so great about being in a relationship because I just don't get it. I have no desire for one either, whether I'm weird or not for that is a matter of your own personal opinion.

I will admit that I've never been in a serious one but the ones I have been in I found quite stifling so maybe I've just been dating the wrong type? Idk.

Ttingox...what a guy!

Anyway, most people saying that they want to get in a relationship have never been in one, so they've got the impression that their life is going to miraculously improve when they get a girlfriend/boyfriend. Simple as that

Quick Reply

Latest