The Student Room Group

Paralegal applications: anyone waiting quite a while to hear back?

I have applied to 3 firms, not heard anything back yet and it has been 2-3 weeks. Do they usually take this long?
Reply 1
Original post by James.Carnell
I have applied to 3 firms, not heard anything back yet and it has been 2-3 weeks. Do they usually take this long?

In my experience of applying for paralegal jobs, it was the exception rather than the rule that I would even receive a response if they were rejecting me.
Original post by ULawAJ
In my experience of applying for paralegal jobs, it was the exception rather than the rule that I would even receive a response if they were rejecting me.

Haha, great.
Reply 3

They do and when they reply, its usually rejection.
Original post by Topu
They do and when they reply, its usually rejection.

You applied to many so far? I have only applied to 5 but all rejections afaik so far.
Reply 5
You applied to many so far? I have only applied to 5 but all rejections afaik so far.

i've applied around 20 since the august of 2015 till now and all rejections. and these are just paralegal applications. i have applied to 13 or 15 legal vacation schemes, 12 training contracts and all rejected. and these are the ones i have counted and i've applied all over UK and Europe. and the rejections are still pouring in.
(edited 7 years ago)
In my experience no response is a rejection. I'm about to start one on Monday, and when I submitted to CV to them they asked me to come in for an assessment centre about 12 hours late. They can be quick if they like what they see.
i applied for 5 roles, i got interviews for three within a working day, got a rejection within 3 working days, and haven't heard from a final one, so clearly got rejected for that one (applied a week ago).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending