The Student Room Group

Why do so many people want to get in relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Yh, my friend just got into a relationship.
I doubt it will last long seeing as the girl has had at least 2 ex's in the last 6 months...

I just don't get what they want/get out of it. You give a lot to get nothing in return in the future...
:biggrin: But I guess if it makes them happy, they can do it... Just so that they are happy enough to cancel out the sadness, in case she dumps him, or the other way round... I think I'm just being to cautious as a friend, jus don't want him to get hurt I guess...

Dating ****girls is a big no no imho

He's going to get hurt and the worst part about it is actually warning them and then having to comfort them after she chews him up and spits him out :frown:

It's horrid
Original post by FireFreezer77
I guess so.

And you expect me to do that how?

Just chill, you worry about everything too much :hugs:
Original post by ForestShadow
what do you mean an actual persons home? do you live alone?

why dont you cook some food, meat and veg is cheapish if you know where to buy it?

also dont kill and dont do drugs :lol:

yeah somehow
i want my parents to cook stuff for me again loool
i don't really know how to cook stuff.. like, how much to leave it on the stove and ****
okay=)))
Thanks for stating the obvious
Advice is needed on fixing this flaw (hence why I made that thread)
Original post by Rhaenys10
yeah somehow
i want my parents to cook stuff for me again loool
i don't really know how to cook stuff.. like, how much to leave it on the stove and ****
okay=)))

Im guessing youre at uni lol, so 19?

Mm parents cooking is the best, just think about it tho, one day if you choose to have kids, youll be cooking for your kids and then theyll miss your cooking :moon:

and just find some easy recipes like omelettes or pasta bakes?

what sandwhich was it?
Thanks for stating the obvious
Advice is needed on fixing this flaw (hence why I made that thread)

I think you would be better served by asking fellow anxiety sufferers on here, maybe in the mental health section of TSR? It would be pointless for me to advise you in this regard because I don't have this problem.
Im guessing youre at uni lol, so 19?

Mm parents cooking is the best, just think about it tho, one day if you choose to have kids, youll be cooking for your kids and then theyll miss your cooking :moon:

and just find some easy recipes like omelettes or pasta bakes?

what sandwhich was it?

gap year abroad
almost 19
i know, but in my family, my dad cooks, so you know... i'd like my future husband to do that too, ideally. i'm good with other stuff lol
bought some pasta to try to "cook" tomorrow actually, whoaa
a pretty basic one, i actually microwaved it and put ketchup all over it to make it fancier lol
Original post by AngryRedhead
Talking about both genders although as of recent TSR seems to have had a rash of threads by a couple of users (or possibly just one individual :colone:) obsessed with getting into a relationship?

What is the big deal about them? Partners can be so needy/ clingy and inevitably always make lots of demands on your time and on you, physically, emotionally and financially. Can someone please explain what is so great about being in a relationship because I just don't get it. I have no desire for one either, whether I'm weird or not for that is a matter of your own personal opinion.

I will admit that I've never been in a serious one but the ones I have been in I found quite stifling so maybe I've just been dating the wrong type? Idk.

Because they are clingy?

It's a lovely combination having someone that is a great friend that you can also **** AND get romantic feelings with too. That's special. All three on their own are realy nice. Put them together and it is just amazing.

Do you already have great friends, or have you never? Because if at some point you did and now don't you realise why they are very important.

Have you ever had GREAT sex that you day-dreamed about for days afterwards?

Have you ever had romantic feelings with someone that just crushed your stomach in a soppy, warm, good kind of way?

Then you'd know.

Also the cuddles. Cuddles are just lovely.
(edited 7 years ago)
Cuddles. :h:
Original post by Rhaenys10
gap year abroad
almost 19
i know, but in my family, my dad cooks, so you know... i'd like my future husband to do that too, ideally. i'm good with other stuff lol
bought some pasta to try to "cook" tomorrow actually, whoaa
a pretty basic one, i actually microwaved it and put ketchup all over it to make it fancier lol

where abouts abroad? let me guess...franc...actually maybe germany?
well Im almost 18 :lol: my mum cooks in my family but I can cook a bit too :innocent:

whats this other stuff then? :holmes:

pasta is well nice tho , and ketchup makes everything better :rofl:

gtg to sleep!
Original post by TorpidPhil
Because they are clingy?

It's a lovely combination having someone that is a great friend that you can also **** AND get romantic feelings with too. That's special. All three on their own are realy nice. Put them together and it is just amazing.

Do you already have great friends, or have you never? Because if at some point you did and now don't you realise why they are very important.

Have you ever had GREAT sex that you day-dreamed about for days afterwards?

Have you ever had romantic feelings with someone that just crushed your stomach in a soppy, warm, good kind of way?

Then you'd know.

Also the cuddles. Cuddles are just lovely.

Being clingy is a huge turn off though :frown:

It's just not okay when someone demands all your time, it's stressful and it saps your energy because you need your own space too
Im in an amazing one :love: we make each other laugh,hold hands everywhere and dance randomly together in public and its all....

Spoiler

I fell for it :colonhash:
I have done before tbh. Don't usually get any advice as everyone just says to ignore it. Easier said than done.

Now gonna dig a hole, jump it it and bury myself in it
I have done before tbh. Don't usually get any advice as everyone just says to ignore it. Easier said than done.

Now gonna dig a hole, jump it it and bury myself in it

Oh come on, don't be so down :console:

It's really nothing
Well that's going too far lol. Like calm down.

Nobody should take all of your time. Just you be there when you need them. Them there when you need them. Basically like a good friend is all. Clingy friends sap all your energy too. Relationships aren't meant to really be anymore intensive than that.
I cant help it. I'm always feeling this way :frown:

Maybe not to you.

But I just generally wanna bury myself in a hole
Well for me it'd be because I want to love and feel loved and also sex (it'd better with your partner as opposed to a random guy you met etc). Plus it's exciting when you start dating someone you fancy
where abouts abroad? let me guess...franc...actually maybe germany?
well Im almost 18 :lol: my mum cooks in my family but I can cook a bit too :innocent:

whats this other stuff then? :holmes:

pasta is well nice tho , and ketchup makes everything better :rofl:

gtg to sleep!

austria..vienna

what can u cook?

stuff that s not cooking

hope they tun out fine lol

nighty night then
Original post by TorpidPhil
Well that's going too far lol. Like calm down.

Nobody should take all of your time. Just you be there when you need them. Them there when you need them. Basically like a good friend is all. Clingy friends sap all your energy too. Relationships aren't meant to really be anymore intensive than that.

I know but maybe it's just me but guys always tend to get too clingy for my liking. Maybe I just have a very low tolerance for 'cling' but it's still kind of annoying
They're probably inexperienced and not very self aware. There is some novelty to a clingy partner, but it wears off quick and when you realise why they're clingy, it's never a good reason (insecurity, usually).

Quick Reply

Latest