The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hodgetwin
Has anyone done Citi's Financial Times Exercise? I have the AC on Monday. Any advice would be great :smile:

They just give you a copy of the FT. You pick three stories and then have to explain in an interview with a senior banker why they interested you, it's impact on Citi and the impact on your division / economy. You get 15 mins to prepare.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
They just give you a copy of the FT. You pick three stories and then have to explain in an interview with a senior banker why they interested you, it's impact on Citi and the impact on your division / economy. You get 15 mins to prepare.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers. I'm guessing it's the copy of the FT on that day? I've had another interview where I've been given a copy of the FT dating back to the early 2000's.
Original post by Hodgetwin
Cheers. I'm guessing it's the copy of the FT on that day? I've had another interview where I've been given a copy of the FT dating back to the early 2000's.

Yeah it has to be a same day copy. They'll give you one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Yeah it has to be a same day copy. They'll give you one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Have you done their Case Study too?
Reply 3624
Original post by Ox2018
RBC IBD interview has anyone done it?

When is yours scheduled? Mine is the 11th, if yours is after I can help out
Reply 3625
Original post by AenigmaFx
Mind if i ask which uni you go to? (if you dont wish to share, semi target, target or non target would be fine :smile: )

Non target mate
guys, been invited to Morgan Stanley second round interview (ibd summer). does anyone know what this will be like - will it be similar to first round. also, if we pass the second round then how many rounds still after that?
Original post by L_ane
When is yours scheduled? Mine is the 11th, if yours is after I can help out

Mine is for the 11th as well... Wha time is yours? If mine is before yours Id happily help you out and if it is afterwards any hel would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by cleverboy12
guys, been invited to Morgan Stanley second round interview (ibd summer). does anyone know what this will be like - will it be similar to first round. also, if we pass the second round then how many rounds still after that?

Last year I had mine with an Associate and it was probably the most chilled out interview I'd ever had. He just asked me a few basic questions and then we had a conversation about what he did, his job, MS, how he found it etc. with a few other basic questions interweaved like "how do I know you're not going to leave for PE?" etc. After this I was invited for two more interviews at their offices and then there was an AC after that which contains three more interviews. Might be different this year though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are people already getting second round interviews and ACs already?? But then again i only applied like 10 days ago :/.
How long after passing hsbc test did you guys get invitee for the phone interview?
Reply 3630
Original post by Ox2018
Mine is for the 11th as well... Wha time is yours? If mine is before yours Id happily help you out and if it is afterwards any hel would be appreciated :smile:

14:00 bro, you?
anyone heard back for goldman/jp (mkts) or blackrock ?
Has anyone done the rothschild tests? how bad are they?
Completed UBS application, should I upload cover letter in my profile as it is possible to do? The application did not require it.
Original post by J Edgar
Has anyone done the rothschild tests? how bad are they?

Similar format to the others, like SHL. Sometimes you need more calculations or they phrase the question weirdly. I found the last couple of questions not so easy but the rest was fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L_ane
14:00 bro, you?

16.00 boss
Original post by George_Harris19
Just received an email from Citi saying that I've passed the test.

how hard were the tests and how much practice did u do?
My connection went down during the (brutal) Citi test, so I didn't answer some questions .-." Any chance that HR could reset it?
Reply 3638
Original post by Ox2018
16.00 boss

Cool man, I'd be happy to talk you through the interview as soon as mine finishes. PM me closer to the day and we'll make a plan
Original post by Kiwith
My connection went down during the (brutal) Citi test, so I didn't answer some questions .-." Any chance that HR could reset it?

Yeah. Email them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending