The Student Room Group

Question about Macdonald's pay

Today i accidentally stayed on at my job at Macdonald's for 45 minutes more than i was supposed to. When i clocked out, the machine told me i was late, and this made me wonder whether I would be paid for the overtime or not. Will i be?
Probably not. Unless your manager goes into the system where they put your rota/hours into and adds on the 45 minutes then it will just think you forgot to clock out.
You get paid for all the time you are clocked in.
Original post by loperdoper
You get paid for all the time you are clocked in.

No not necessarily. If you stay longer when nobody asked you to, you probably won't get paid for the extra time. If you forget to clock out, you definitely won't be paid for it
Speak to your manager

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherryred90s
No not necessarily. If you stay longer when nobody asked you to, you probably won't get paid for the extra time. If you forget to clock out, you definitely won't be paid for it

I don't know where you work, but at my mcdonald's store you would be paid for every minute the clocking system showed you were in work. I'd start 15 minutes early to every shift regardless of if I was asked to or not (often my manager wouldn't even realise the time), and I was paid for it without fail.
If you forget to clock out, then it's manager's discretion, but there is no indication of OP doing so.
Reply 6
Go onto your my schedule page, there is a button that says clocks. If you click it it shows scheduled hours, actual hours and pay so far for the week. Generally you get paid for all the time you are clocked in. If you forget to clock out, the manager will change it. Once i was paid for my break cuz they told me not to clock out as it was 15 mins into my shift and they forgot to add it. So most likely you will be paid but at regular rate. Not overtime rate
Original post by loperdoper
I don't know where you work, but at my mcdonald's store you would be paid for every minute the clocking system showed you were in work. I'd start 15 minutes early to every shift regardless of if I was asked to or not (often my manager wouldn't even realise the time), and I was paid for it without fail.
If you forget to clock out, then it's manager's discretion, but there is no indication of OP doing so.

I've worked at McDonald's too and if they specifically said that we were to clock out as soon as our shift finished unless we were asked to stay on. You can't just stay an extra 2hrs because you want more money
I've worked at McDonald's too and if they specifically said that we were to clock out as soon as our shift finished unless we were asked to stay on. You can't just stay an extra 2hrs because you want more money

Yes, because the clocking system will pay for all the time you are clocked in. If you stay 5 minutes past your shift and then clock out, the system will automatically pay you for 5 minutes past your shift. If you're on the floor two hours past your shift, then you'll be paid for it - although your manager will have most definitely noticed if you're on the floor two hours past your shift.
Original post by Zara S Taylor
Today i accidentally stayed on at my job at Macdonald's for 45 minutes more than i was supposed to. When i clocked out, the machine told me i was late, and this made me wonder whether I would be paid for the overtime or not. Will i be?

Yes, you will be paid for every minute that you are clocked in.

Yes, you have to clock out as soon as your shift finishes, but if you stay extra, for whatever reason, then you get plaid for it as you are still working and still clockjed in. The manages aren't going to go on the system and change everyones cloick in time who work past their clock in time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Okay, thank you everyone. I've looked at my payslip and I can see that I was paid for the extra time I worked. Thank you very much for the information in the meantime.
Reply 12
Original post by Zara S Taylor
Okay, thank you everyone. I've looked at my payslip and I can see that I was paid for the extra time I worked. Thank you very much for the information in the meantime.

Wow just get someone to clock you out late everyday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending