The Student Room Group

triple science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Kallisto
No, I was asking about a word for students who have chosen a course for a certain study. Is it a degree course, a university course? or just study?*

I guess just a study what do you think ?<3
Original post by mayu123
which the third edition ?:smile:

Yes!:smile: I also HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting a cgp revision guide specifically tailored to your exam board. They are very useful, and explain everything clearly and concisely. They aren't too expensive either, probably about £5.:smile:
I'm doing Triple Science AQA, I don't know when to start revising and I have no idea what revision books to get :/
Reply 103
Original post by sunshine774
Yes!:smile: I also HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting a cgp revision guide specifically tailored to your exam board. They are very useful, and explain everything clearly and concisely. They aren't too expensive either, probably about £5.:smile:

OHH k gonna order it soon :wink:
Reply 104
Original post by salex413
I'm doing Triple Science AQA, I don't know when to start revising and I have no idea what revision books to get :/

ME TOW IM GONNA BUY THE THIRD EDITION Xd u >3
I did OCR so I can't really say if this is true for the other exam boards but you get 9 test papers over the course of two years. The first three are the same as core science so P1,2 &3, C1,2&3. And B1,2&3. The second is additional science, so 4,5&6 for each and the last is further additional so 7 for each. The hardest exam by far is further additional. Just because it's one topic, don't let it fool you that there isn't a lot to learn. The revision guides that I bought did summary pages at the end of section and for core and additional they were both about 2 pages long, for further additional they were 5 pages long.

As for revision guides I would recommend CGP because I found them really useful. If you are doing triple I would recommend buying them for each subject rather than each exam (e.g buying the textbook for GCSE chemistry rather than core science) because they have more information that's really good for triple science.

As for topics, I don't know which exam board you do so I can't really say what topics you'll do.

This may come off a bit cringy but as someone who's already done these exams, don't put the work off until last minute, triple science takes a lot of hard work
Start revising for about an hour a night until about about 6-8 weeks before your exams and then try to dedicate as much of your time to revision. Make yourself a timetable tailored to what you normally do after school with which subject you're going to when and if you miss one for whatever reason, add it on to another day. Don't forget to leave yourself some down time too though, and take regular breaks in your revision. Turn off your phone and focus as much as you can. Forest is a good app for concentration. Reward yourself with whatever you enjoy.

As for revision books, I recommend CGP because they're factual but easy to understand. It also gives you easy ways to remember things.
Bio: Cells
Chem: Atomic Structure
Physics: Waves
Original post by mayu123
ME TOW IM GONNA BUY THE THIRD EDITION Xd u >3

I have no idea, I will probably ask my science teacher's to recommend me any revision books :/

What are you studying at the moment in all the sciences?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CharlieBubble
Start revising for about an hour a night until about about 6-8 weeks before your exams and then try to dedicate as much of your time to revision. Make yourself a timetable tailored to what you normally do after school with which subject you're going to when and if you miss one for whatever reason, add it on to another day. Don't forget to leave yourself some down time too though, and take regular breaks in your revision. Turn off your phone and focus as much as you can. Forest is a good app for concentration. Reward yourself with whatever you enjoy.

As for revision books, I recommend CGP because they're factual but easy to understand. It also gives you easy ways to remember things.

So would you say an hour for each science subject: Chem, Bio and Phys?
Or an hour in total?
So would you say an hour for each science subject: Chem, Bio and Phys?
Or an hour in total?

An hour for each subject of science, don't do them all on one night though. Maybe do two subjects a night depending on what other subjects you have taken. I found it helpful to give myself a day off as well, I picked sunday but you can go with whichever day suits you best.
(edited 7 years ago)
An hour for each subject of science, don't do them all on one night though. Maybe do two subjects a night depending on what other subjects you have taken. I found it helpful to give myself a day off as well, I picked sunday but you can go with whichever day suits you best.

Ahh okay, thanks for the advice. :smile:
Are you in year 10? What subjects are you taking?
Reply 112
I have no idea, I will probably ask my science teacher's to recommend me any revision books :/

energy diseases an electron
Reply 113

thks for advice xD:smile:
Reply 114
I did OCR so I can't really say if this is true for the other exam boards but you get 9 test papers over the course of two years. The first three are the same as core science so P1,2 &3, C1,2&3. And B1,2&3. The second is additional science, so 4,5&6 for each and the last is further additional so 7 for each. The hardest exam by far is further additional. Just because it's one topic, don't let it fool you that there isn't a lot to learn. The revision guides that I bought did summary pages at the end of section and for core and additional they were both about 2 pages long, for further additional they were 5 pages long.

As for revision guides I would recommend CGP because I found them really useful. If you are doing triple I would recommend buying them for each subject rather than each exam (e.g buying the textbook for GCSE chemistry rather than core science) because they have more information that's really good for triple science.

As for topics, I don't know which exam board you do so I can't really say what topics you'll do.

This may come off a bit cringy but as someone who's already done these exams, don't put the work off until last minute, triple science takes a lot of hard work

Nice to meet you what year are you in? and do you mind telling me some tips for revision ?
Original post by mayu123
energy diseases an electron

Are you doing AQA? What grades do you want to get in science?
Reply 116
QUOTE=salex413;67837228]I have no idea, I will probably ask my science teacher's to recommend me any revision books :/

aww right
Wow, those are amazing grades! When did you start revision? :smile:
Ahh okay, thanks a lot for the advice :smile:
Are you doing A-Levels now? If so, what subjects have you picked?
Good luck, I am sure you will do well :h:
What are you planning to study in uni?

Quick Reply

Latest