The Student Room Group

Advice for living with a flatemate who is very loud at night?

Hello, I have a flatemate who have a friend who often enjoy studying together at night. When they study they are very loud which makes things very awkward. I have purchased earplugs to block out the sound of their studying but even then I can still hear them.

Does anybody have any advice with dealing with flatmates who study with friends very loudly at night?
'study'
Original post by thebat5002
Hello, I have a flatemate who have a friend who often enjoy studying together at night. When they study they are very loud which makes things very awkward. I have purchased earplugs to block out the sound of their studying but even then I can still hear them.

Does anybody have any advice with dealing with flatmates who study with friends very loudly at night?

Hello :smile:,

Have you considered approaching your flatmate and asking if they could keep it down a little? This seems like the obvious first approach. You don't have to be rude or confrontational about it. Just politely approach your flatmate and say that when they 'study' they are fairly loud and you find it difficult to concentrate and I'm sure they'll be respectful.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest