The Student Room Group

UWE nightlife

Planning on applying for 2017. Nightlife is important to me just wondering what the nightlife is like at uwe I'll be in frenchay campus. Do most of the students go out into Bristol a lot as I know it's quite away from centre.
Hey, I'm also planning on applying to UWE in 2017 as my first choice!

I've had friends move there this year and from what I could gather, the nightlife is amazing! Big city and great clubs! Even though the uni is a little bit away from the city, there is a bus that runs from the uni into town! You're even allowed to take drinks on it apparently 😂

Obviously you'll have to catch a taxi back but if you spread the fare it really won't be that much!
Definitely a good city for nightlife!

There's an open day next Saturday if you didn't already know! What're you applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by Rhystolson
Hey, I'm also planning on applying to UWE in 2017 as my first choice!

I've had friends move there this year and from what I could gather, the nightlife is amazing! Big city and great clubs! Even though the uni is a little bit away from the city, there is a bus that runs from the uni into town! You're even allowed to take drinks on it apparently 😂

Obviously you'll have to catch a taxi back but if you spread the fare it really won't be that much!
Definitely a good city for nightlife!

There's an open day next Saturday if you didn't already know! What're you applying for?

Business Management with HR, you?
Original post by Marco97
Business Management with HR, you?

It's either an LLB in law, or criminology with law. Not entirely sure yet haha!
Original post by Marco97
Planning on applying for 2017. Nightlife is important to me just wondering what the nightlife is like at uwe I'll be in frenchay campus. Do most of the students go out into Bristol a lot as I know it's quite away from centre.

I'm in my 3rd and final year.

The revamped SU is quite good for lock-ins, or so I've heard. Lakota, Motion and Blue Mountain are good for the more underground club life. SWX and Prism for the more mainstream.

Plenty of trendy bars around too.

Be sure to join societies.
Dont be one of those godforesaken ***** who spends every other week in Mbargo. All about The Doghouse, The Plough, Dojo, Motion, Small Horse.
Original post by Moral Decay
Dont be one of those godforesaken ***** who spends every other week in Mbargo. All about The Doghouse, The Plough, Dojo, Motion, Small Horse.

I've heard good things about Motion, is it any good???
Reply 7
Original post by Rhystolson
I've heard good things about Motion, is it any good???

motions very good, one of the best clubs in england in the underground scene. between now and new year, IN Motion runs, which is a series of sell out underground events. i love motion, and the nightlife of uwe was one of the main reasons i chose here haha
Original post by jxmesy
motions very good, one of the best clubs in england in the underground scene. between now and new year, IN Motion runs, which is a series of sell out underground events. i love motion, and the nightlife of uwe was one of the main reasons i chose here haha

Sounds awesome! The nightlife reputation is a reason I'm considering too 😂 What're you studying and how are you finding the uni??
Is it active at uwe? How far is Bristol city centre and is that good for the rave n that?
Is the sesh in Bristol??

Quick Reply

Latest