The Student Room Group

Why do so many people want to get in relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlexFam
They're probably inexperienced and not very self aware. There is some novelty to a clingy partner, but it wears off quick and when you realise why they're clingy, it's never a good reason (insecurity, usually).

Oh, you're back, how did the packing go?

So have you ever been in a serious relationship personally?
Horribly. I have a giant box that nearly killed me taking it down 2 flights of stairs, and I stood barefoot on a snail outside (it was actually heartbreaking).

Never been in a healthy one, no. Just the odd sexual relationship and one horrible relationship. The horrible one was me trying to actually fall in love with someone, but I didn't know what to look for. Haven't been looking for anyone for a while as I'm trying to build myself up first. And you? Anyone serious in Redhead's life?

EDIT: puberty hit me like a tonne of bricks about a year ago, which is when I started seeing people. Hadn't had a relationship before last year since year 4 because I wasn't interested.
(edited 7 years ago)
Pretty sure it is just the guys you are dating tbh.

Traditionally at the end of the day it is meant to be the girl that is clingy with the guy, not vice versa. And that is ultimately how it most often is. So these experiences you speak of are simply odd.
Original post by AlexFam
Horribly. I have a giant box that nearly killed me taking it down 2 flights of stairs, and I stood barefoot on a snail outside (it was actually heartbreaking).

Never been in a healthy one, no. Just the odd sexual relationship and one horrible relationship. The horrible one was me trying to actually fall in love with someone, but I didn't know what to look for. Haven't been looking for anyone for a while as I'm trying to build myself up first. And you? Anyone serious in Redhead's life?

EDIT: puberty hit me like a tonne of bricks about a year ago, which is when I started seeing people. Hadn't had a relationship before last year since year 4 because I wasn't interested.

Are you moving back to university I take it? Where are you from originally? Ikr, I just hate it when I step on snails walking back home, it's just something about the 'CRUNCH' that happens that makes me feel sick and bad and sad :frown: I know its just a snail but it still makes me feel bad. Barefoot though? Did the shell not cut you?

What happened? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to though. There's nobody serious in my life atm, I've been asked out quite a bit but they weren't really my type of guy

Fair enough, delayed onset puberty?
Original post by TorpidPhil
Pretty sure it is just the guys you are dating tbh.

Traditionally at the end of the day it is meant to be the girl that is clingy with the guy, not vice versa. And that is ultimately how it most often is. So these experiences you speak of are simply odd.

Maybe :tongue:

Perhaps they were just very unique guys lol
EDIT: yes I'm moving back to uni
I just think about the family that snail had. Plus, my mum has pet african snails so I feel for them y'know? Nah, shells aren't sharp enough to cut my feet (I walk a lot barefoot).

I've been telling everyone what's happened anyway. It's long and kind of TMI.

Spoiler

Not so much delayed onset as it was I lost 20+ kilos of weight, got hot and had a huge boost to my libido.
(edited 7 years ago)
And what is your type of guy :wink:
that's why gold makes a bad gift I tend to just go for silver tiffany pieces for early stages then progress over time
my most expensive gift was to my now ex (a £3,000 Bvlgari watch which i got for £1100)
but she just got engaged and who him sold the ring
me and I made a £9,000 profit so that covers that expense (i also know she loves that watch nearly as much as the Rolex he bought her)
I want to get into a relationship because, firstly, I feel so, so, so pressured. Like you get to a certain age and if you're not in a relationship and have never had one and are still a virgin, it's a bit 'strange'. I feel pressured by family, and just by general society. It seems like absolutely eeeeeeveryone and their pet dog is coupling up these days.

I also perhaps subconsciously view being in a relationship and having sex as being a 'proper grown-up' and makes a person 'superior'. It's silly and irrational I know but the fact I'm 18 and I don't know what sex is like and I can't really join in on those particular conversations makes me feel like somewhat of a child. Basically, I want to prove myself.

And also, most prominently, I want to experience the euphoria of reciprocated true love at least once before I die. I get guys showing interest in me but I just don't feel attracted to any of them and it stresses me out and makes me worry that I'm 'broken'.

Being in a relationship would relieve all of the problems above. So that's that I guess :smile:
Original post by AngryRedhead

What is the big deal about them? Partners can be so needy/ clingy and inevitably always make lots of demands on your time and on you, physically, emotionally and financially. Can someone please explain what is so great about being in a relationship because I just don't get it. I have no desire for one either, whether I'm weird or not for that is a matter of your own personal opinion.

I will admit that I've never been in a serious one but the ones I have been in I found quite stifling so maybe I've just been dating the wrong type? Idk.

Yeah a lot of these bad things COULD happen in a relationship but equally a lot of good and amazing things can and do happen as well

The bad things only really happen when you get with the wrong type, which is why it's greatly stressed to not look at things from a shallow point of view when seeking a relationship (as most men and women tend to choose people based on their looks or money first) and try finding someone who you are COMPATIBLE with even if they are not a solid 10. Because in the end that's what will count. Someone who 'gets you' is someone who will understand you enough to know what makes you happy and what makes you angry. And if they love you enough they will go to the ends of the earth to always make you happy

Got several male friends who are like that, practically badgered a hot b i t c h y girl into dating them but always, always end up complaining in the end that she treats him like **** or doesn't love him or is cheating on him and I'm like well that's your own fault and we told you this from the beginning too but you were always like 'so what, she's hot therefore she's forgiven' lol people have no one to blame but themselves really. Choose your bed better before you make it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlexFam
EDIT: yes I'm moving back to uni
I just think about the family that snail had. Plus, my mum has pet african snails so I feel for them y'know? Nah, shells aren't sharp enough to cut my feet (I walk a lot barefoot).

I've been telling everyone what's happened anyway. It's long and kind of TMI.

Spoiler

Not so much delayed onset as it was I lost 20+ kilos of weight, got hot and had a huge boost to my libido.

I doubt that snails have the capacity to feel emotion but I get what you mean, they're pretty cute for slimy mollusks and I hate causing pain to animals so it makes me feel bad when I step on one

Spoiler

Congratulations! That's a lot to lose and it sounds very positive!

Original post by AlexFam
And what is your type of guy :wink:

Sweet, intelligent, funny and moral. Preferably decent looking aswell but doesn't have to be tall or muscly
Reply 151
It's the only way most of us can get laid daily bro
I don't think we mere humans can possibly claim to know the inner workings of our shelled brothers and sisters (or, a mixture of the two as snails are hermaphrodites)! Oh god I killed my brother/sister.

Spoiler

I prefer dark chocolate. I like the bitter edge with sweet undertones. Makes it seem more genuine.
Sounds like a dream man to me.
Original post by saraxh
I fell for it :colonhash:

I fell for her :lol:
Original post by Rhaenys10
austria..vienna

what can u cook?

stuff that s not cooking

hope they tun out fine lol

nighty night then

lol close enough

I can cook chinese stir frys like chicken and veg or some seafood too, basic stuff :lol:
Original post by ForestShadow
lol close enough

I can cook chinese stir frys like chicken and veg or some seafood too, basic stuff :lol:

That's still good
I cooked breakfast today, can I get a high five?
That's still good
I cooked breakfast today, can I get a high five?

you can have some applause for that! :five:

what did you cook?

my mom made salmon and egg for me :coma:

Original post by ForestShadow
you can have some applause for that! :five:

what did you cook?

my mom made salmon and egg for me :coma:

awww, must've been good=))
boiled some barilla, dunk 'em into milk, cooked em for a few more minutes and then added some sugar and cinnamon ...i don't even know what i should call that
awww, must've been good=))
boiled some barilla, dunk 'em into milk, cooked em for a few more minutes and then added some sugar and cinnamon ...i don't even know what i should call that

it was amazing

what is barilla? that sounds pretty advanced tho so good job! :007:
Original post by AngryRedhead
Talking about both genders although as of recent TSR seems to have had a rash of threads by a couple of users (or possibly just one individual :colone:) obsessed with getting into a relationship?

What is the big deal about them? Partners can be so needy/ clingy and inevitably always make lots of demands on your time and on you, physically, emotionally and financially. Can someone please explain what is so great about being in a relationship because I just don't get it. I have no desire for one either, whether I'm weird or not for that is a matter of your own personal opinion.

I will admit that I've never been in a serious one but the ones I have been in I found quite stifling so maybe I've just been dating the wrong type? Idk.

A proper relationship is basically when she's like your best friend - she can be an annoying ****, but you love her. You're just a couple of idiots tag-teaming it in life

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest