The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Nothing for me either.

Those who have received them:

What are your surnames?

Mine is Lewis
It looks like I was one of the first to receive the email asking for info to commence checks, which I sent to them last night. When I sent the email I got an autoresponse back that said they pick up emails within 2 working days in the order that they come in.

Im guessing that following the emails we sent confirming out acceptance of the provisional offer, they are just working their way through that and sending out the info.
Original post by rachie93
It looks like I was one of the first to receive the email asking for info to commence checks, which I sent to them last night. When I sent the email I got an autoresponse back that said they pick up emails within 2 working days in the order that they come in.

Im guessing that following the emails we sent confirming out acceptance of the provisional offer, they are just working their way through that and sending out the info.

When I got my provisional offer at start of August, I had to go onto the portal and click on 'next steps' icon to complete the form to start the pre-employment checks. I'm not sure if it is done differently for other people.
Original post by Scottgib
When I got my provisional offer at start of August, I had to go onto the portal and click on 'next steps' icon to complete the form to start the pre-employment checks. I'm not sure if it is done differently for other people.

You must have applied in the Feb campaign Or internally.
Original post by TSRGooner
You must have applied in the Feb campaign Or internally.

Lol, I applied in July 2015 and had interview September 2015. I'm not internal.
Original post by daj19
I am not sure if I should put down yes or no for this. I have received a fine for a red light camera and received a £90 fine with the speed awareness course but didn't have any of my points deducted. Having filled in the form and handed it in I was told by someone else that was there that this question was asking if you got involved in motoring offence that were more serious. Can someone help me please?

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/motoring-convictions-and-the-rehabilitation-of-offenders-act/

"Fixed penalty notices for road traffic offencesA Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) can be used to deal with minor road traffic offences, but it is not a criminal conviction or a caution.However, if you are given an FPN for a road traffic offence in Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988, and your licence is endorsed, then (in line with s. 58 of that Act) the endorsement is treated as having been given by a court following conviction of the offence and is subject to a 5 year rehabilitation period, from the date the FPN was issued.A full list of the offences covered by this are available here. Examples include:

Exceeding the speed limit

Failing to provide a specimen of breath for a breath test

Failing to stop motor vehicle when required by constable

Refusing to give, or giving false, name and address in cases of reckless, careless or inconsiderate driving or cycling

Where section 58 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act does not apply, an FPN is not a conviction. FPN’s do not appear on basic disclosure certificates."
Reply 1686
Lol, I applied in July 2015 and had interview September 2015. I'm not internal.

2015? Do you kniw why it has taken so long?
Original post by sac14
2015? Do you kniw why it has taken so long?

Well just after my interview mr cameron decided to reshuffle hmrc so there were talk of a lot of office closures so i guess a lot of the delay was down to those politics.
Well just after my interview mr cameron decided to reshuffle hmrc so there were talk of a lot of office closures so i guess a lot of the delay was down to those politics.

Did you get put on the reserve list.
Original post by memoryfish
Did you get put on the reserve list.

Yes from December last year then finally got provisional offer at begining of August and my dbs checks were complete last Friday so now just waiting a start date :smile:
Yes from December last year then finally got provisional offer at begining of August and my dbs checks were complete last Friday so now just waiting a start date :smile:

That's the normal process then, it's just took longer because you were on the list nothing to do with Hmrc reshuffle.
Just to let every one know, I was sent the dbs forms etc on Thursday which I completed and submitted Thursday evening, & my 2 character references have already been contacted yesterday, so it looks like they are finally doing the checks swiftly.
Is anyone else still waiting on this email? Slightly concerned that I still haven't received anything from manpower re the 1320 campaign
Reply 1693
I am from 1320 and haven't received anything. Those who have received emails, which locations are you from?
I think they're just working through the responses with acceptance onan first come first served basis.

I applied to Liverpool and manchester
Reply 1695
That's good that they have contacted your references already
Original post by rachie93
I think they're just working through the responses with acceptance onan first come first served basis.

I applied to Liverpool and manchester

I'm Manchester 1320
Reply 1697
What scores did you get in your feedback? I only got 4 and I'm worried that I'll be wait listed
Original post by sac14
What scores did you get in your feedback? I only got 4 and I'm worried that I'll be wait listed

I got 444 so I wouldn't worry, it just takes time!
Manpower don't like to respond to emails though do they.... I've sent them an email querying whether or not all of these checks are necessary as I've already done them not so long ago and I'm still in the CS....

I've sent the email and DBS off anyway ....
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending