The Student Room Group

Help, Bf wants me to wear a bikini

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ladbants
At a formal dinner, it would be expected that the woman wears a dress, not trousers.It is the social convention- the man should wear a suit and the woman should wear a dress.

What if she never wears dresses/doesnt feel herself in them, not all women wear them these days smart trousers act as an alternative. At every formal do ive been to not all the women have been wearing dresses/skirts lol. Its up to the person what they wear as long as it is smart its no one elses business.
Just... say no?

He's hardly going up dump you for not wearing one
Original post by indigofox
What if she never wears dresses/doesnt feel herself in them, not all women wear them these days smart trousers act as an alternative. At every formal do ive been to not all the women have been wearing dresses/skirts lol. Its up to the person what they wear as long as it is smart its no one elses business.

It is the height of bad manners and self-indulgence to attend a formal dressed in a manner that you've just invented for yourself.

Trousers are not an alternative to cocktail dress, any more than a clown suit is an alternative to a dinner suit for a man.
Original post by Trinculo
No-one has yet to address the direct analogy:

"We are going to a formal dinner. My boyfriend wants me to wear a cocktail dress, but I feel much more comfortable in a shirt and trousers"

In this example - is the boyfriend trying to suggest that she wears something that he wants her to? Is it ok?

This is completely different from the OPs situation lol
It is expected to wear a dress at a formal dinner
(edited 7 years ago)
I would never wear a bikini on the beach no matter how amazing my body looks under clothes because I like to dress modestly, I would tell my partner to **** off if he said he said he wanted me to wear a bikini knowing I do not dress like that. Personally, I would wear leggings and a long baggy shirt to the beach and I wouldn't care what anyones opinion on that is.
Original post by Trinculo
It is the height of bad manners and self-indulgence to attend a formal dressed in a manner that you've just invented for yourself.

Trousers are not an alternative to cocktail dress, any more than a clown suit is an alternative to a dinner suit for a man.

Bad manners says who, I guess transgendered people and women who find it difficult to wear a dress for medical/aesthetic reasons can't go to cocktail parties without being ill mannered then. Really as long as people are dressed smartly for the occasion who gives a ****. More important things to worry about.
Did I seriously just read this entire thread instead of eating my breakfast..?
I agree, be sure to tell the slutty men this too though. Its not a justification for the outcomes you have stated, it is just important to bear in mind that certain behaviours are natural but still need to be managed (using protection,sti tests) in our society.

Men don't have the level of control a woman has over having a child, always comes down to the woman so.........................

Protection, sti tests =more tax used = my argument still applies.
Original post by IronicalMan
Men don't have the level of control a woman has over having a child, always comes down to the woman so.........................

Protection, sti tests =more tax used = my argument still applies.

I only have physical protection as a control option, tried the pill/messing with my hormones in the past made me ill. Men have condoms, vasectomy and apparantly will soon have the option of the male pill.

Eitherway if men know that they have little control over having a child surely this should make the sensible ones more cautious lol, rather than using it as an excuse to blame women for sleeping around.
I only have physical protection as a control option, tried the pill/messing with my hormones in the past made me ill. Men have condoms, vasectomy and apparantly will soon have the option of the male pill.

Eitherway if men know that they have little control over having a child surely this should make the sensible ones more cautious lol, rather than using it as an excuse to blame women for sleeping around.

Err, they control if they have children, so.... I do not control if someone else has a child, just as much if they pay less tax money and use more than say my uncle, he has no control over paying less when he uses less tax money....
Sleeping around is wrong, cheating is wrong.
End off.
Or rather what women will do, is sleep around in their 20's etc, then when they're older and want to settle(and are basically used right up) they'll settle for the sort of person they wouldn't have slept with in their 20's, because little people want them now and they want a family/stability.
Oh I am cautious with females, because you can't trust anything a female says(everything in general).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samantham999
Nothing to do with the private parts. Only kissing/hugging
could you do it?

Ignore my biological need for sex? No.

Depending on the reasoning behind the celibacy. Her saying she wants to remain indefinitely celibate would affect how I think of her (how compatible I am with her, my feelings towards her). That being said, I would think that this hypothetical GF and I would be better off remaining as friends.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Ignore my biological need for sex? No.

Depending on the reasoning behind the celibacy. Her saying she wants to remain indefinitely celibate would affect how I think of her (how compatible I am with her, my feelings towards her). That being said, I would think that this hypothetical GF and I would be better off remaining as friends.

Therefore, you choose to be in a relationship for the sex and without it you will die
Therefore, you choose to be in a relationship for the sex and without it you will die

I will die? When did I say I will die?
Nah, I'm just too weak willed to ignore that need.

What is this amazingly rational hypothetical reason for not having sex at all?

Also, I don't understand what the difference is between having a really close friend and an 'intimate relationship' without sex??
Original post by Anonymous
How is short and vest not suited for a beach though, I thought people wore allsorts. I'd say maybe a winter coat and jeans would be more unsuitable. I can't see how I'd be more likely to be judged for wearing shorts/vest over a bikini but maybe that's just me! I'm not fat or skinny (thanks to athletic training) but I've never worn a bikini, to me wearing a vest feels kind of revealing lol. I only stopped wearing jeans and t shirt when I was 23 :tongue:

Normal women wear bikinis. The fatties wear shorts and a vest.
Original post by IronicalMan
Err, they control if they have children, so.... I do not control if someone else has a child, just as much if they pay less tax money and use more than say my uncle, he has no control over paying less when he uses less tax money....
Sleeping around is wrong, cheating is wrong.
End off.
Or rather what women will do, is sleep around in their 20's etc, then when they're older and want to settle(and are basically used right up) they'll settle for the sort of person they wouldn't have slept with in their 20's, because little people want them now and they want a family/stability.
Oh I am cautious with females, because you can't trust anything a female says(everything in general).

Im sure the variety of men who they slept around with are used up/have issues/baggage too, I see them standing around staring in clubs. Then you get the overweight women thinking they look great as they did as teenagers, when they dont as they havent taken care of themselves. If people look after themselves/stay in shape/stay off the alcohol/stay safe with sex you can have fun when young then settle. It is nice to settle when young though as you are basically growing up with the person.

=)))))))))))))))))))))))oh god
Original post by Rhaenys10
=)))))))))))))))))))))))oh god

I've had enough of you Rhaenys10 please stop typing away for me.
I've had enough of you Rhaenys10 please stop typing away for me.

Aw, my sweet summer child...
If it weren't for me calling out on your ********, you would've had none of the 5 minutes of fame you got on this thread. :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend wants me to wear a bikini when we go on holiday but I've never worn one in my life and don't want to. I'm happy in shorts and vest. He said he doesn't want to feel like he's going on holiday with a mate. Do most people wear them or something? I just want something comfy that I can walk around in and stay cool too!

As a man i actually have a lot of sympathy for your boyfriend. A lot of men like to see women wearing feminine clothing that reveals their 'assets' so to speak and your boyfriend clearly thinks you have an attractive body (a complement).

Instead these days men are greeted by shorts rather than skirts (considerably more unattractive), by onesies, by elasticated jeans and baggy leggings.

Perhaps i'm just old fashioned or a chauvinist but women dressed far better in the past when they'd wear dresses and in the 90's would whip out the bikini's and mini skirts.
Original post by Rakas21
As a man i actually have a lot of sympathy for your boyfriend. A lot of men like to see women wearing feminine clothing that reveals their 'assets' so to speak and your boyfriend clearly thinks you have an attractive body (a complement).

Instead these days men are greeted by shorts rather than skirts (considerably more unattractive), by onesies, by elasticated jeans and baggy leggings.

Perhaps i'm just old fashioned or a chauvinist but women dressed far better in the past when they'd wear dresses and in the 90's would whip out the bikini's and mini skirts.

If and when I ever get into a relationship I'm going to eat a load of junk, never brush my teeth, wee in my underwear and wear baggy clothing X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending