The Student Room Group

Finance as a graduate student on UG medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
Some unis want science a levels and I did humanities and a humanities degree. My access course in some places is fine but others want access to medicine like in the case with Bradford/Leeds - so my fifth choice was going to be Bradford's clinical science foundation year for entry into Leeds a year later for this reason. My other choices are gem/5 year. Possibly all 5 year depending on how ukcat goes!

Tell you what, scrap all that and just apply for graduate medicine courses that accept humanities degrees and don't care about a-levels
[QUOTE=ForestCat;67838594]The Bradford course isn't really a six year course, it isn't guaranteed progression at the end and you have to apply to Leeds medicine at the end. I don't really think its an option you want to be taking.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. I think I saw it and thought of it as a safer bet to some extent, but on reflection I think if I don't get in this year I'm best off just reapplying rather than gamble with this. It's a good option for UG but maybe not for graduates. Thanks for your help :smile:
[QUOTE=AngryRedhead;67838626]Tell you what, scrap all that and just apply for graduate medicine courses that accept humanities degrees and don't care about a-levels

That's my plan if I do well enough on ukcat for Newcastle and Warwick! I've just been trying to think of back up options just in case :frown:
Yeah I can see where you're coming from. I think I saw it and thought of it as a safer bet to some extent, but on reflection I think if I don't get in this year I'm best off just reapplying rather than gamble with this. It's a good option for UG but maybe not for graduates. Thanks for your help :smile:

No probs. If you don't get in, doing a levels in bio and chem would open up more options than the Bradford course, and cost a hell of a lot less.
I don't think Bradford allow grad students onto that course. I recall inquiring about it last yr. Double check tho!

Like ForestCat says, would you not just be better off doing a-level biology and chemistry and possibly something else you could get an A in to give you an advantage? Or just keep applying to GEM until you get in? What is it about the UKCAT that's worrying you? Apparently the medify course for it is meant to be quite good
Original post by ForestCat
No probs. If you don't get in, doing a levels in bio and chem would open up more options than the Bradford course, and cost a hell of a lot less.

Agreed. I think if I don't get in this year, I'll just boost my application further for 2018. Def sitting gamsat as don't want to be relying on solely ukcat for GEM again!
Agreed. I think if I don't get in this year, I'll just boost my application further for 2018. Def sitting gamsat as don't want to be relying on solely ukcat for GEM again!

Good luck! I hope this year's application goes well!!
Original post by ForestCat
Good luck! I hope this year's application goes well!!

Thank you! 😄😄
http://www.bradford.ac.uk/study/media/courses/ug/booklets/2015-10/Clinical_Sci_UG_Booklet_2015.pdf

Have a look at page 11. It says they don't accept Science graduates....
Original post by NafNaf39
http://www.bradford.ac.uk/study/media/courses/ug/booklets/2015-10/Clinical_Sci_UG_Booklet_2015.pdf

Have a look at page 11. It says they don't accept Science graduates....

I'm an arts grad :smile:
I'm an arts grad :smile:

Oh okay :smile:

Didn't want you to waste a choice like I did once in the past...
Original post by NafNaf39
Oh okay :smile:

Didn't want you to waste a choice like I did once in the past...

No worries :smile: are you in med school now?
No worries :smile: are you in med school now?

Nope I'm not that lucky :frown:

Gonna apply this year hopefully :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending