Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by KJSwale
I've also applied
1. Diplomat
2. Houses of Parliament
3. Human Resources

I've also completed the tests. Practicing for e-tray and hoping to pass the SJT/behavioural. I'm hoping to hear soon but think we may have to wait until the 7 days is over :-(

It might even be 61 days to wait until everyone has done the test :frown:
Original post by gingerwizard
Can't decide whether this is a good thing or not at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think for me it's definitely a bad thing as I am quite good at the maths and verbal tests, but have never been able to work out the Situational Judgment Tests - they seem to have at least an element of unpredictability/randomness to them.

It also seems quite a bad thing generally as they are lowering academic standards (unless they have these tests later at the FS centre or something).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 162
Original post by GreggyPea
Is it a degree from a degree awarding institution? IE, a bachelors of etc? If so, then yes.

Yes its from UCL
Original post by Jamso
It might even be 61 days to wait until everyone has done the test :frown:

That would be so bad! Surely not they'll want to start getting people through assessment centres. I did read in last years forum someone heard back in 2 days but may depend on how well you do, they may wait to compare you to others then set a pass mark.

Will just have to wait I guess
Last year we heard if we were successful for the tests at midnight on the night that they were completed if successful, or a while later if amber banded.

It's a new process and a new application site this year so it could be completely different.*
Reply 165
Hey all,

Does anyone know if the practice e-tray exercise is still available on the civil service website? I looked at it briefly a few months ago and now I can't seem to find it!
Original post by rileyg122
Does anyone have any recommendations on books/websites for the situational judgement test?

There are some good ones on jobTestPrep and practiceapptitudetests x
Sorry this is a silly question but I was just wondering if anyone knew whether once you begin the application, you have to do all the tests straight away? Or can you log in and out and do different tests in different sittings? x
Reply 168
Hey,

Any tips on the SJT and Behavioural tests? Ive had mine come through yesterday but too scared to attempt!

J
Original post by abzisfabz
Sorry this is a silly question but I was just wondering if anyone knew whether once you begin the application, you have to do all the tests straight away? Or can you log in and out and do different tests in different sittings? x

I was wondering this too. The initial application - what does it involve does anyone know?/ Is it something we need to prep for.....
You can log out and do it at your leisure.
Jeeze, did the practice SJT they provided, and only got 1/2 right on each of the 5 questions. Going to take some practice before I take this one, I think. .
Applying later this week; I wanna take some practice tests first to see how I do. Thank God they got rid of the numerical reasoning, it's been too long since I've done maths lol.

But yeah, first choice is diplomacy, then European then generalist. If I got the latter, I'd try to transfer. Fingers crossed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JonJ221
Hey,

Any tips on the SJT and Behavioural tests? Ive had mine come through yesterday but too scared to attempt!

J

From previous experience on other graduate schemes, you should firstly be yourself and then try to align yourself with the competencies asked for. I can't really find any specifics for the Fast Stream, but I assume stuff like leadership, teamwork, friendliness, time management, knowing when to deal with a problem yourself and when to seek someone higher up and so on. It may help to do some free tests online just to see where you stand.

Good luck!
I did them last year but suspect at least one is different. The situational judgement test is really screening you to see if you have a desirable personality type that would respond favourably in the certain scenarios.
Does anyone know how long it will take to get the results back from the situational and behavioural tests? And if so, has anyone received them? :smile:
Not too sure. I'm still waiting!!
I have until 6 October to sit mine and probably won't until 4-5th.
Original post by JonJ221
Hey,

J

After doing them last year and passing them, I would strongly advise that you review the civil service competency framework and modelling your answers around the framework. Hope this helps!
Original post by Lillybingo
After doing them last year and passing them, I would strongly advise that you review the civil service competency framework and modelling your answers around the framework. Hope this helps!

Any idea why they've chosen to scrap the numerical and verbal online tests. I feel like the ones we have left with wont be enough to seperate people. And to clarify applying for other streams i.e. commercial does not hamper your chances?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending