The Student Room Group

Nigel Farage

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ShannyMorrison
I wanted to remain because I'm British, not Scottish? I've clarified this. It would making it a fecking farce to visit my family if I had a dual-nationality. Also, nationalism has NEVER gone well for any country. It fecked up Italy and Germany, why would Scotland be any bloody different?

Right, because Brown is more of a threat than Thatcher? The man had no back bone. Thatcher did whatever the f*ck she wanted regardless of consequences. She was the devil. May will probably be the same.

I don't care if this is backwards feminism but FemiNazis don't belong in politics. They can take their salty emotions elsewhere.

You get the reference? At least you have some taste.

lol italy. you mean that country that is the 3rd largest economy in the eurozone yet has basically zero (probably negative) growth? yeah losing their national identity and freedom has definitely helped them so much.

and yes i get the reference however i'm honestly stunned you did. i'll be honest i had no idea scotland had advaned to having televisions etc
Original post by iThrow
lol italy. you mean that country that is the 3rd largest economy in the eurozone yet has basically zero (probably negative) growth? yeah losing their national identity and freedom has definitely helped them so much.

and yes i get the reference however i'm honestly stunned you did. i'll be honest i had no idea scotland had advaned to having televisions etc

Ah yes, because it's not like Italy has some major problems going on now is it? Next you'll be telling me Greece is the way forward.

...Scotland invented the TV. Try harder.

We should either take this debate elsewhere or stop altogether because we're no longer talking about Farage and OP's going to have a crap ton of irrelevant notifications.
Reply 82
Original post by KimKallstrom
I voted Remain but I've got to say that this comment says a lot more about you than it does about them. And it's not good.

I agree with you about his comment and ideas show me that he mentally immature person who resort to bullying and name calling when something does go his own why.
Reply 83
Original post by AOG1
I believe that Nigel Farage is a national hero, but there is so much hate for anything he says or does! I would like to hear why people dislike him so much, without simply calling him a racist, which he is not.

Well, if you want to jump around definitions then don't call him racist, call him xenophobic, which he certainly is.

He's a vile, hateful person. Complains about not hearing anyone speaking English and then his clap back at not speaking french (or flemish, or german) is ''i'm not a brilliant linguist''? Really? Try some more. The fact that he even has a political career is baffling, but then again he's not the only idiot to make it.
Reply 84
Original post by matutazo
Well, if you want to jump around definitions then don't call him racist, call him xenophobic, which he certainly is.

He's a vile, hateful person. Complains about not hearing anyone speaking English and then his clap back at not speaking french (or flemish, or german) is ''i'm not a brilliant linguist''? Really? Try some more. The fact that he even has a political career is baffling, but then again he's not the only idiot to make it.

Not hearing people speak English when they live in England and use English public services like healthcare and schooling, why should tax payers have to pay extra for a translator...
He is patriotic about an independent Britain, how delusional and naive you are! Show me evidence of him saying he hates non-English people!

In politics, you need to use a language you're strongest at to make the strongest point. Every other EU politician speaks in their native language.
Reply 85
Original post by AOG1
Not hearing people speak English when they live in England and use English public services like healthcare and schooling, why should tax payers have to pay extra for a translator...
He is patriotic about an independent Britain, how delusional and naive you are! Show me evidence of him saying he hates non-English people!

In politics, you need to use a language you're strongest at to make the strongest point. Every other EU politician speaks in their native language.

Ah yes, evidence of him openly saying it instead of implying it, like the sneaky weasel he is. Just a quick search, because there's no way I'm wasting my time googling this walking waste of space:

"Any normal and fair-minded person would have a perfect right to be concerned if a group of Romanian people suddenly moved in next door."

He also claimed a lack of social housing in London was because of immigrants coming from Eastern Europe and "[getting] a national insurance number easily within a fortnight".

I'd like to understand how having a NIN equates with lack of social housing, but well.
Original post by matutazo

"Any normal and fair-minded person would have a perfect right to be concerned if a group of Romanian people suddenly moved in next door."

He spoke the truth and the hypocrisy and bare faced deceit of the liberal head bangers is nauseating.

Or are you seriously trying to pretend that YOU wouldn't be "concerned" if this lot moved in next door to matuazo towers? :biggrin:

Reply 87
A question about Farage has turned into a debate about the EU.
I don't think Farage is a hero but I think he was wheeled out to help win the referendum and then cast aside once victory was secured but he must have known that was a possibility.
He is happy to continue draw his £84,000 MEP (that's member of European Parliament, aka faceless bureaucrats!) salary until we complete our exit of EU.
A man of principle indeed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 88
And on the point of EU nationals not speaking English, the majority of British expats living in Spain do NOT speak the local lingo and do take full advantage of healthcare and education.
(edited 7 years ago)
i cringe so hard when i see people saying that politicians care about them, sorry guys but the rich people in suits wouldnt give a **** if you died tomorrow
Original post by Warrior8
A question about Farage has turned into a debate about the EU.
I don't think Farage is a hero but I think he was wheeled out to help win the referendum and then cast aside once victory was secured but he must have known that was a possibility.
He is happy to continue draw his £84,000 MEP (that's member of European Parliament, aka faceless bureaucrats!) salary until we complete our exit of EU.
A man of principle indeed.

He was a useful tool for people like Rupert Murdoch - offshored oligarchs who don't give a **** about the people of this country but wanted us out of the EU for completely selfish reasons.
Original post by Mactotaur
He doesn't keep his promises. See the Brexit campaign which implied money saved would be spent on the NHS, only for him to retract and completely disavow that the morning the result was announced.

This is a Remoan lie which is often repeated. Let's nail it here and now.

The campaign promise was that the money sent to the EU and pi$$ed away by the Brussels bureaucrats (£13 billion a year gross) could be spent on the NHS.

We still send that money as we haven't left yet, so the question of how we use it is moot.

When we get it back our sovereign government can decide to spend it how it wants. Which could be very well the NHS but it is too far ahead in public spending terms to decide, now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending