The Student Room Group

Proposed funding for second STEM degrees?

I've seen this mentioned a few times on TSR that the government is considering implementing funding for second degrees for those who already hold degrees as long as the subject is computer science, technology or engineering and is studied part time. A far as I'm aware no maintenance loans will be provided and this is supposed to happen in 2017 however I can't clarify whether the funding is for the above subjects only or it extends to all subjects considered STEM.

Could someone who is knowledgeable in this area please clarify?
You can already get full funding for a second degree if it's in the previous study exemption category.

From the top of my head:

- teaching
- nhs courses
- veterinary
- architecture

Other than that I'm not sure about any news for other second degree funding so someone else might be able to offer help with that - 17/18 regulations are not released yet though so not much is known about 17/18 yet
Original post by murpo
You can already get full funding for a second degree if it's in the previous study exemption category.

From the top of my head:

- teaching
- nhs courses
- veterinary
- architecture

Other than that I'm not sure about any news for other second degree funding so someone else might be able to offer help with that - 17/18 regulations are not released yet though so not much is known about 17/18 yet

Thank you murpo, I'm only asking on behalf of my mother because she already has a theology degree but now she wants a career change and to go into a different job field
I've heard something about part time funding for STEM degrees. But I don't know enough for me to add to my FAQ or make an article / thread on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending