The Student Room Group

C2 help

3 - 75/x^2=0
can somone help me solve this, its something i should be able to do but i cant get my mind around it.
this is what i should get x=5
Original post by djmans
3 - 75/x^2=0
can somone help me solve this, its something i should be able to do but i cant get my mind around it.
this is what i should get x=5

You could move the second term over to the right hand side to give

3=75x2 3 = \frac{75}{x^2} and then try to get the x^2 on its own and work from there.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
You could move the second term over to the right hand side to give

3=75x2 3 = \frac{75}{x^2} and then try to get the x^2 on its own and work from there.

Ive got a problem if you could help mee too :biggrin:
--------
3-√ 7
Simplifying in surds
Original post by harrxful
Ive got a problem if you could help mee too :biggrin:
--------
3-√ 7
Simplifying in surds

When you want to simplify a surd of that form, what do you usually tend to do with the denominator?
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
When you want to simplify a surd of that form, what do you usually tend to do with the denominator?

times all of it by the denominatior
--------
3-√7

----
Original post by harrxful
times all of it by the denominatior
--------
3-√7

----

I know what you're trying to say but you actually have to rationalise it. Since the denominator is 37,you have to multiply it by3+73+7 3 - \sqrt7, \mathrm{you\ have\ to\ multiply\ it\ by} \frac{3 + \sqrt7}{3 + \sqrt7}
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
I know what you're trying to say but you actually have to rationalise it. Since the denominator is 37,you have to multiply it by3+73+7 3 - \sqrt7, \mathrm{you\ have\ to\ multiply\ it\ by} \frac{3 + \sqrt7}{3 + \sqrt7}

I spent like 5 minutes trying to analyse where I went wrong
thanks man hopefully I can learn from that now

Quick Reply

Latest