The Student Room Group

Advice for 3A*s

Just started AS. Hoping to complete a levels in maths biology and chemistry. How do you suggest I go about getting 3A*s
For maths do as many past papers as you can
Original post by chelseafc141
Just started AS. Hoping to complete a levels in maths biology and chemistry. How do you suggest I go about getting 3A*s

You cannot get A* at AS level
Original post by glassanimal
You cannot get A* at AS level

I know. I was talking about the full A level. I just said I started AS to convey that I've just started these course
Reply 4
I thought schools stopped doing AS, and are just doing the 2 year A-level courses
Original post by xyolox
I thought schools stopped doing AS, and are just doing the 2 year A-level courses

CIE provide international AS & A Level overseas, so non-UK students still have AS Level.:biggrin:
The worst part is that there's a completely new spec for biology and chemistry, so there'll only be one past paper
The worst part is that there's a completely new spec for biology and chemistry, so there'll only be one past paper

There are specimen papers, and the old.spec are still helpful
Original post by xyolox

most people I know still call the stuff you do in year 12 AS, even if its not technically accurate. also some schools/colleges still enter students for the new AS exams, even if it doesn't count towards the final A-level grade
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by xyolox

Your school can still choose to submit u for external AS exams but if it's linear then it doesn't count towards your overall A level grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emilysmith268
most people I know still call the stuff you do in year 12 AS, even if its not technically accurate. also some schools/colleges still enter students for the new AS exams, even if it doesn't count towards the final A-level grade

No but I am doing the AS exams this year, its up to the school if they want to enter you or not. But it doesn't count towards your A2 grade:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by SuperHuman98
There are specimen papers, and the old.spec are still helpful

yeh agreed, tho specimen papers are pretty bad, especially in the case of our physics (we did aqa), but yh at least theres them. Old spec questions sorted by topics are equally good if not a better resource, and you can find them in physicsandmathstutor website.
Hey those are the subjects i took and i got 3 A*s. I second the past papers advice. I think i did every paper i could find online, marked them and then wrote out answers that i got wrong from the mark scheme and tested myself on them later on. I think that helped a lot!

Trying to achieve the same

Quick Reply

Latest