The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by LazyEye
I accepted my offer from Southampton for clearing this morning for chemistry and I haven't got an email either yet.

ok thanks! Was a bit worried, but hopefully it's all ok. Congrats on your place.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 81
Ive got rejected by southampton for web science as i have missed out on the offer by two grade my offer was aab i acheived abc, the c is going for a remark is there any chance of me being reconsidered for the course?
Original post by Anono19
Ive got rejected by southampton for web science as i have missed out on the offer by two grade my offer was aab i acheived abc, the c is going for a remark is there any chance of me being reconsidered for the course?

You need to phone the university IMMEDIATELY and tell them you have requested a priority remark (a normal one won't do). They can then hold your place if they want to but they are not required to.
Original post by University of Southampton
Please post any of your questions here

Any one who has done fashion design at Winchester School Of Art?
Does the university supply the required material? And is the cost included in the tuition fee?

Hi, There is much debate on TSR medicine forums about whether a fourth A grade AS is necessary is necessary for A100 medicine. Your admissions office says not but apparently the open day talk may have said something else. please can you confirm before I submit my application?
Original post by drgoundry
Hi, There is much debate on TSR medicine forums about whether a fourth A grade AS is necessary is necessary for A100 medicine. Your admissions office says not but apparently the open day talk may have said something else. please can you confirm before I submit my application?

There is no requirement fir a 4th as any more. It used to be a requirement until this year. Trust your email from admissions, and the online prospectus and me who worked at the open day :smile:
Original post by Neostigmine
There is no requirement fir a 4th as any more. It used to be a requirement until this year. Trust your email from admissions, and the online prospectus and me who worked at the open day :smile:

Thanks that's reassuring, don't want to waste an application!
Hello, I applied for a new course starting in 2017, which is Biomedical Electronic Engineering. Does anyone know anyone else who is applying? Or is the University allowed to gice me an idea of how many applicants there were? I'm a bit paranoid that I'll be the only person in the class haha
Original post by AbiSultana
Hello, I applied for a new course starting in 2017, which is Biomedical Electronic Engineering. Does anyone know anyone else who is applying? Or is the University allowed to gice me an idea of how many applicants there were? I'm a bit paranoid that I'll be the only person in the class haha

I'm guessing you want to see familiar faces in all your classes? I guess you would to a degree as you'd do the the EE modules with EE students and the same for biomed part?

Hello, I applied for BEng Civil Engineering in starting in September 2017 and year mates of mine who have applied for the same course as me have received invitations to your visit day in December/November when we applied in November and until today I haven't received anything yet. Should I be worried? I'm a bit scared at the moment ahaha.
On the History section of your website it says "Applicants taking the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) will also be made an alternative offer one grade below the standard offer, conditional on an A grade in the EPQ."

Is this still the case, as the offer i received doesn't refer to the EPQ?
Any Beng EEE students here starting in 2017?
Hello, do I need ATAS for EEE in Southampton ? I am an International student. Thank you
When am i able to apply for accommodation for 2017/2018?
Original post by SophieMolly3
When am i able to apply for accommodation for 2017/2018?

Check the accommodation website. It is not first come first serve so there is no massive hurry.
Is it possible to get an idea of what timetables will be like or look at this years timetable? I need to provide student finance with an estimate of how many hours childcare i will need but i don't have a clue! Also need to arrange childcare so an idea of the timetable would be more than helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauren9893
Is it possible to get an idea of what timetables will be like or look at this years timetable? I need to provide student finance with an estimate of how many hours childcare i will need but i don't have a clue! Also need to arrange childcare so an idea of the timetable would be more than helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on what you're studying!

If you look on the website they often lost the number of "contact" hours aka how often you'll be in. Otherwise contact your faculty department and ask for an example.

I can't decide whether to apply for "Mechatronics" or "Aeronautical Electrical Engineering". I'm interested in drones and would like to learn about things like servos, actuators, basic flight mechanics, fluid dynamics, as well as programming and circuit theory (so I can make my own autopilots).

Also how hard is it to enter Southampton with a BEng but then move up to an MEng when I'm there. (I doubt I'll get the grades for an MEng at A Level).
Or if I apply for a BEng and then get the grades (at A Level) for an MEng can I automatically get moved or not.

Thank you

Latest