The Student Room Group

Are A Levels harder than a degree?

Scroll to see replies

We covered my two year a level course in two hour uni lecture yesterday 😂😂😂
Last summer, I went to the University of Southampton, and they told me that degrees are slightly easier than A-levels

The reason being is that the difference between A-levels and degrees is that during a degree, you have a lot less help from teachers reminding you of deadlines, homework, etc. The hardest part about a degree is adapting to this dramatic change in learning and support.

if you can cope with that, the university told me, you will often find a degree easier (and more fun) than A-levels, although it does depend on the subject you are planning to study at degree level...
Is an Economics Degree harder than an Economics A Level?
Thank you very much and good luck to you too!x:wink:
Original post by r.mehtaa
Is an Economics Degree harder than an Economics A Level?

Are you doing economics a level?:smile:
Original post by Cocopops121
We covered my two year a level course in two hour uni lecture yesterday 😂😂😂

Which degree are you doing?:smile:
Original post by sunshine774
Are you doing economics a level?:smile:

yes
yes

Oh so am I and I am really enjoying it!:smile: I also want to do economics as a degree (I assume from your first post you want to as well...):smile:
Original post by sunshine774
Oh so am I and I am really enjoying it!:smile: I also want to do economics as a degree (I assume from your first post you want to as well...):smile:

Same, absolutely love the A Level. I also want to take Economics (and maybe German as well) as a degree.
I think A levels are harder than a degree. There's so much riding on A levels and the hoops you have to jump through are very specific. Even at masters level, I still found A level more stressful in comparison.
but the Oral would be quite challenging tho'

:dontknow:
Certainly not because especially in STEM subjects you have to be good at a multitude of things to get the high marks; I can't speak for other subjects but in chemistry you need to be top at both english and maths in order to get the high marks because of essays etc
Same, absolutely love the A Level. I also want to take Economics (and maybe German as well) as a degree.

Nice!:smile: Doing german as a degree sounds very interesting...:smile:
Original post by Saliency
It depends on your learning style. The structure of A-levels really didn't fit well for me as somebody who gets anxiety under high pressure situations. My degree allowed me to take a lot of stress of myself by achieving good grades on assignments meaning I had less pressure for exams.

The content of my degree of course was a lot harder but I managed to do a lot better in it.

Indeed the same case for me. I have not started my BSc yet but I had so much anxiety attacks and breakdowns during my alevels and often got sick. I do not know what to expect when I start uni but I plan in majoring in Biology/microbiology. And I also lack social skills to interact with new students which might be a problem too and on top of that I'm going to a foreign university.

Quick Reply

Latest