The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dude... I haven't done these things either.

To be honest, at this age, I do think it's good that we keep away from such things. Our priority, really, is to study and make ourselves more knowledgeable. :smile:
to be honest im similar in quite a few ways (im 17, only just though)-okay ive sworn a LOT (purely because physics AS caused stress and essentially slkight permanent mental damage as im now finding it hard not to get angry at difficult work :s) but not at others, just sorta moaning about how difficult work is XD
- drunk alcohol..... nothing serious like a lot of teenagers though. i dont get drunk with friends drinking vodka. literally apart from a couple of birthdays where i drink it the only time ive drunk alcohol is cider and that's homebrewed XD (something went wrong and it tasted of beer though.... :l)
- nearest to a party is prom, and there it was boring and i did nothing (went with a friend rather than a date) apart from playing crud on my phone with friends-never smoked. Don't smoke people, all you do is look like an idiot to a lot of other people and you end up seriously damaging essentially all aspects of life-never had a sleepover. honest here, almost had my first the other week for a friends birthday, sadly conflicted with uni open day. tbh never felt the need of a sleepover-never kissed a girl (apart from when i was like 10, had no idea what the hell i was doing, rather hated the idea of kissing someone who wasnt my family XD)- never been on a date (i have acne which explains a lot)Hardly hang out, nearest i get is playing video games with them then argueing why i have to stop to do work (workload is too much)TL;DR- its not the most odd thing in the world, im a lot like you, only slight oddity is the swearing par
Original post by DanF2000
Basically, here is a list of things I have never done:
Never sworn/said a swear word
Never drunk alcohol before
Never been to a party (apart from birthday parties and my last one was when I was 13)
Never smoked
Never had a sleepover (unless you count camping with scouts and school trips)
Never kissed a girl
Never been on a date/been out with someone
Hardly ever hang out (most of my friends live in another town)

On the flip side, I like to read, cook, play videogames, go for walks and study. All I've wanted to do in my life is be like other teenagers and kids yet I feel completely opposite. Does anyone here share similarities to me in this? By the way, I have Aspergers and I'm diabetic so I really do find it hard to fit in with others...

who defines being normal?
Never been to a party (apart from birthday parties and my last one was when I was 13)
Never smoked
Never kissed a girl

On the flip side, I like to read, cook, play videogames, go for walks and study. All I've wanted to do in my life is be like other teenagers and kids yet I feel completely opposite. Does anyone here share similarities to me in this? By the way, I have Aspergers and I'm diabetic so I really do find it hard to fit in with others...

When I was 17

-I had sworn before
-Had drunk alcohol before
-Had been to birthday parties (yes they count)
-Hadn't smoked
-Had had sleepovers
-Had kissed a guy or two
-Had had a few non serious boyfriends
-Did occasionally go out with friends

I also have aspergers; sorry op, you're a tad weird
Reply 24
Original post by Toasticide
to be honest im similar in quite a few ways (im 17, only just though)-okay ive sworn a LOT (purely because physics AS caused stress and essentially slkight permanent mental damage as im now finding it hard not to get angry at difficult work :s) but not at others, just sorta moaning about how difficult work is XD
- drunk alcohol..... nothing serious like a lot of teenagers though. i dont get drunk with friends drinking vodka. literally apart from a couple of birthdays where i drink it the only time ive drunk alcohol is cider and that's homebrewed XD (something went wrong and it tasted of beer though.... :l)
- nearest to a party is prom, and there it was boring and i did nothing (went with a friend rather than a date) apart from playing crud on my phone with friends-never smoked. Don't smoke people, all you do is look like an idiot to a lot of other people and you end up seriously damaging essentially all aspects of life-never had a sleepover. honest here, almost had my first the other week for a friends birthday, sadly conflicted with uni open day. tbh never felt the need of a sleepover-never kissed a girl (apart from when i was like 10, had no idea what the hell i was doing, rather hated the idea of kissing someone who wasnt my family XD)- never been on a date (i have acne which explains a lot)Hardly hang out, nearest i get is playing video games with them then argueing why i have to stop to do work (workload is too much)TL;DR- its not the most odd thing in the world, im a lot like you, only slight oddity is the swearing par

Thanks for writing this :smile: I don't mind others swearing at non-living things but swearing at people or animals is just unacceptable for me. I'm doing AS and luckily my subjects aren't too hard, there's just a lot of work involved and 2 subjects I've never done before.
Thanks for writing this :smile: I don't mind others swearing at non-living things but swearing at people or animals is just unacceptable for me. I'm doing AS and luckily my subjects aren't too hard, there's just a lot of work involved and 2 subjects I've never done before.

What AS's you doing may i ask?
Reply 26
What AS's you doing may i ask?

Business, Media, Statistics and Applied Science. I wanted to do physics and maths but I got a C in GCSE maths and a B in science. And I chose these because I'm planning on working in the gaming industry (marketing and advertising)
Business, Media, Statistics and Applied Science. I wanted to do physics and maths but I got a C in GCSE maths and a B in science. And I chose these because I'm planning on working in the gaming industry (marketing and advertising)

wait can you do an AS (or A2) in just stats? i know its part of the maths a level
Reply 28
wait can you do an AS (or A2) in just stats? i know its part of the maths a level

We're able to do an AS in the first year and an EPQ / A2 level in the second year. At my school, the maths options are maths, statistics and maybe further maths (not sure)
Never smoked
Never kissed a girl

On the flip side, I like to read, cook, play video games, go for walks and study. All I've wanted to do in my life is be like other teenagers and kids yet I feel completely opposite. Does anyone here share similarities to me in this? By the way, I have Aspergers and I'm diabetic so I really do find it hard to fit in with others...

TO most people, I suppose It wouldn't be normal...but then I know lots of people who are exactly like you(well, judging by this one post)
and except for the swearing and the sleepover; I'm with you. :smile:
I've been more of a matchmaker rather than trying to get a match for myself which is IMPOSSIBLE by the way. :"D
No but the swearing part seriously?? How have you refrained from the devils ways? Teach me!
I've just found this after posting it 3 or so years ago. I'm 19 and at university, 20 in January and still have never done any of these besides going to 1 party only for my social anxiety to kick in. Still haven't said a swear word, drunk alcohol or smoked in my nearly 20 years of living and planning to keep it that way till the day I die.
Reply 32
That’s so me
I honestly hate swearing as I just associate it with negativity and to be honest, I really just don't see the point in it. I mean, why can't some replace the f or s word with stupid or idiot. Instead of saying "I (f-word) hate that!", I would just say "I just absolutely hate that". Or if I forget something or something similar, rather than saying the s-word, I'd say "Oh great!" or say to myself "I hate you".

People are so use to it that swear words are just used for emphasis rather then rudeness, at least thats what I think
pay
attention
to
thread
timestamps
Original post by Glaz
pay
attention
to
thread
timestamps

Sorry 😅 I thought I'd bring it up and update here rather than make a new topic with my thoughts
Original post by DanF_2000
Sorry 😅 I thought I'd bring it up and update here rather than make a new topic with my thoughts

That is exactly what you should've done :rofl:

Latest