The Student Room Group

Computer Science with Mathematics at Cambridge

I haven't got CS GCSE therefore I can't do it for A-Level says my little sister's grammar school :s-smilie: . But my plan B is to take Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry :smile: I do like these subjects. But, is my plan B good enough for me to work in a game company? :confused: I really want to return to Japan and work in Square Enix (they made Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest). I'm planning to study CS with Maths at Cambridge.
I don't know about your career plans but you can certainly start a CompSci degree at Cambridge or another University without Computing at A-level.
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
I don't know about your career plans but you can certainly start a CompSci degree at Cambridge or another University without Computing at A-level.

I have said that I want to work in a game company especially Square Enix, but anyway that's good news :smile: thank you
I'm a fellow computer science/maths applicant!

I've seen some unis say they prefer you NOT to have done compsci A level, as they prefer to teach you from scratch. In any case, you won't be at a disadvantage with those subjects! (At least I hope not; I'm doing those 4 as well)
Reply 4
What are your mock GCSE results?
Original post by dfbenjamin
I'm a fellow computer science/maths applicant!

I've seen some unis say they prefer you NOT to have done compsci A level, as they prefer to teach you from scratch. In any case, you won't be at a disadvantage with those subjects! (At least I hope not; I'm doing those 4 as well)
What are your mock GCSE results?

I haven't done any mocks yet :smile: I will let you know if I do in the future (then I'd better get revising :s-smilie: )
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest