The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

What are some schools that look at your SJT score?
Hi everyone, I got an average of 626.7 in my UKCAT!!! Any suggestions of applying anywhere would be very helpful?

Thanks xxx
Original post by pvk19.
Hi everyone, I got an average of 626.7 in my UKCAT!!! Any suggestions of applying anywhere would be very helpful?

Thanks xxx

I have heard Aberdeen dont have a UKCAT cut off so I would apply there! Maybe Dundee too. Not sure about English uni's as I am a scottish applicant:smile:
i got an average of 690 in my ukcat and im thinking of applying for medicine at ucl (im gonna take the bmat also) bristol queen mary london and southampton. Do they sound reasonable or over ambitious?
Hey all,
was just wondering what unis are personal statement heavy?
OMG

Just realised testing ends soon!

I wonder what the averages will be like. :?
Original post by Nuba123
OMG

Just realised testing ends soon!

I wonder what the averages will be like. :?

Hopefully deciles are down from the preliminary scores. Fingers crossed.
Original post by Nuba123
Hey all,
was just wondering what unis are personal statement heavy?

Bristol is the only really PS heavy uni left.
Keele and Manchester require good voluntary work for their non-academic forms.

Other schools which consider the personal statement and grade it include edinburgh, nottingham.
Original post by Natalierm2707
Bristol is the only really PS heavy uni left.
Keele and Manchester require good voluntary work for their non-academic forms.

Other schools which consider the personal statement and grade it include edinburgh, nottingham.

Ahh okay. Thank you. I'm applying for Edinburgh. My grades at school are high. My UKCAT is average but I'm going to go for it anyway. :smile:

Appreciate the advice. :smile:
Original post by Jackster556
Hopefully deciles are down from the preliminary scores. Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping and praying. :biggrin: Just did the Birmingham offer calculator but it doesn't have a section for scottish qualifications. HAHA, woudn't get and offer anyway. :biggrin:
out of interest, who has already sent off their application. :O
im so scared to do a mock..i feel like it will freak me out!!! test on monday
Did anyone use kaplan to prepare? If so, how does it compare to the real test?
Original post by Cal1234
Did anyone use kaplan to prepare? If so, how does it compare to the real test?

I used kaplan online - the QR is similar to the exam, if a little harder, AR is very similar however VR was a bit easier than the exam in my opinion
Original post by MF12345
I used kaplan online - the QR is similar to the exam, if a little harder, AR is very similar however VR was a bit easier than the exam in my opinion

I'm finding the QR on kaplan harder than the Medify QR, if you don't mind me asking, what were your kaplan mock scores and real ukcat score?

Thanks for the reply!
Original post by Cal1234
I'm finding the QR on kaplan harder than the Medify QR, if you don't mind me asking, what were your kaplan mock scores and real ukcat score?

Thanks for the reply!

My mock scores are a little embarrasing :s-smilie: for most of them they were between 500 to 530 my highest ever I think was 550! I got 780 in the real thing and I did find QR very difficult on Kaplan even right before the exam. Keep on going with Kaplan, I do think it did prepare me despite me doing awful in mocks :smile:
Hi, please can anyone thinking of Manchester advise on the non-academic criteria. What defines as good experience in caring role i.e., tenure (months or years???)
just did my final medify mock and got vr 600, qr 500 ar 800 band 2. OMG QR has killed me and i really don't know what to do??!!! :frown:
Did you find the MEDIFY mocks harder than the real thing?????
did people use the whiteboards a lot during QR in the real test to write down answers to calculations when working through a question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending