The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
111919Wait until the post has been reinstated, tagging in @spotify95 to let us know if/when that happens. That way, you can go back and resolve anything you're currently unsure about. For now though, anything after #111810 should be one greater than the post number.

Thank you for the information, much appreciated! :h:

Moreover, thank you @spotify95 also, for the informative posts! :h:

(edited 7 years ago)

Original post by spotify95

Guys and girls,

#111,809 has been deleted. We're in the process of getting it restored.
Because of this, please post +1 to what the number should be, so that the count will be correct when the number is restored.

So post #1900 would be #111,901 (it will be reinstated to the correct count when #111809 is restored).

Any incorrect numbers will require editing.

Damn it which idiot deleted their post? :angry: was it who I think it is :mad:
I don't like this all the numbers are messed up :banghead:
(edited 7 years ago)

100 post stats

mr T 999 - 7

Arbuthnot - 3

PerplexingGeod -3

04MR17 - 2

Pinkteddyx64 - 2

Eternaforest - 1

Spotify95 - 1
Original post by mr T 999
Damn it which idiot deleted their post? was it who I think it is
I don't like this all the numbers are messed up
I don't think he'd do that though...

Original post by Fist Of Glory
111,914 (Sorry for going over 10! :facepalm:)

Hi spotify95,

Thank you for the information. :smile: At least me getting a 100, in this case 900 is still the case right? :h: I thought the post deletion was due to a one post wonder idiot deleting their post thus forcing you to do a rule 16b. :colonhash:

Can I just ask as well, if you ask a moderator to edit our incorrect numbers after the restoration please could you ask if possible if it can be done so it doesn't leave a last edited by note underneath each post? It's just I think it'll look tider if it can be done in that way. :yep:

Thanks. :smile:

P.S. Sorry for mentioning last night your PBU status on other forums. :console:

Hi there :smile:

Yes, I believe getting a 100 post will still result in you getting the 100th post in the thread - meaning that your tally will stand at 2. :smile:
Post deletion was due to an incorrect action when dealing with a previous report - the post will be reinstated shortly :smile:

I'll see what I can do :smile: It depends on how many numbers are incorrect. If there are a large amount of incorrect numbers then it may be more beneficial to rule 16b the chunks of incorrect numbers. I know you don't like the standard vBulletin "last edited by xxx, 1 minute ago at xx:xx" message but sometimes it has to be done in order to get correct numbers. :yep:

No worries about that - I asked a mod to edit out that info (which has now happened) because I don't want the whole world to know about my status with other fora. :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr T 999

Damn it which idiot deleted their post? :angry: was it who I think it is :mad:
I don't like this all the numbers are messed up :banghead:

Wasn't PT.

Post was accidentally deleted when a mod dealt with the last PT dupe.

It will be recovered soon :smile:

Original post by PerplexingGeode
Thank you for the information, much appreciated! :h:

Moreover, thank you @spotify95 also, for the informative posts! :h:

No worries! :h: It was necessary to resolve things and clear things up anyway :smile:

Once the post has been restored (which should be no later than Monday), it will be a good idea to go through all of the posts since the restored post - then, I'll be able to find out which posts are incorrect.
if the incorrect posts belong to an active member, I'll ask for edits.
If the incorrect posts belong to a banned member (i.e. a PT dupe), rule 16b will be used.

Then everything will be back to normal :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
111919Wait until the post has been reinstated, tagging in @spotify95 to let us know if/when that happens. That way, you can go back and resolve anything you're currently unsure about. For now though, anything after #111810 should be one greater than the post number.

Correct - that is good advice there :smile:

I should hear back from GK/AtCT when the post has been restored :smile:

When that happens, I'll have a look and see what needs editing :smile:

Yep, anything after (and including) 111810 needs to be +1 to what it should be.

(edited 7 years ago)
I know you don't like the standard vBulletin "last edited by xxx, 1 minute ago at xx:xx" message but sometimes it has to be done in order to get correct numbers.
So you decided to edit your post to give that message.:wink:
Once the post has been restored (which should be no later than Monday), it will be a good idea to go through all of the posts since the restored post - then, I'll be able to find out which posts are incorrect.
if the incorrect posts belong to an active member, I'll ask for edits.
If the incorrect posts belong to a banned member (i.e. a PT dupe), rule 16b will be used.

Then everything will be back to normal
MONDAY! Why not do an ask the support team thing because they can reinstate posts (GK can't) - I take it the CT member in question won't respond to PM (i.e. is office bound)?
Correct - that is good advice there
I should hear back from GK/AtCT when the post has been restored
When that happens, I'll have a look and see what needs editing
Yep, anything after (and including) 111810 needs to be +1 to what it should be.
I know that GK cannot reinstate posts. Also, I just sent you a PM
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
So you decided to edit your post to give that message.:wink:
MONDAY! Why not do an ask the support team thing because they can reinstate posts (GK can't) - I take it the CT member in question won't respond to PM (i.e. is office bound)?I know that GK cannot reinstate posts. Also, I just sent you a PMPlease include a number (111932) with your post.
Thanks a million.:biggrin:

a) Yes, that is the preferred option - edit the post, so that the number is correct. The "last edited by..." thing does not matter.
b) I have asked GK to make an AtCT for me, in that another CT will do the restore
c) Asking ST members will likely result in a "this isn't something we should do, take it to AtCT" styled message.
d) I'll have a look at the PM
e) That post is unconstructive, best to skip over it? As it will likely be removed anyway.

(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
a) Yes, that is the preferred option - edit the post, so that the number is correct. The "last edited by..." thing does not matter.
b) I have asked GK to make an AtCT for me, in that another CT will do the restore
c) Asking ST members will likely result in a "this isn't something we should do, take it to AtCT" styled message.
d) I'll have a look at the PM
e) That post is unconstructive, best to skip over it? As it will likely be removed anyway.
No. Just rule 16b it. We're asking people to sort things a lot right now so just 16b as it isn't saying "f*ck you all saddos" or anything like that.

By the way, GK has come through with the last posts on the previous thread. One box finally ticked. A lot of crises still to solve...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
111940No. Just rule 16b it. We're asking people to sort things a lot right now so just 16b as it isn't saying "f*ck you all saddos" or anything like that.

By the way, GK has come through with the last posts on the previous thread. One box finally ticked. A lot of crises still to solve...

Okay :smile: We'll sort out rule 16b's etc once the post has been restored (from earlier), so we know where we are at :yep:

Thanks to whoever sorted out the last few posts on the Part 10 :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)

Latest