The Student Room Group

I really want long hair

I had dream last night that I woke up and my hair had grown quite long and I was combing it to make it less frizzy and more straight and it just looked really pretty. And then I woke up and looked in the mirror with my short/medium frizzy curly hair :sad: I really want long straight hair... or just long hair at least :/ I wish I had not cut it... which was months ago.

Scroll to see replies

Grow it then. Just get a very short trim every 6-12 months.
Grow it out, only cut the split ends off when necessary. You should get maximum growth in a reasonably short amount of time :yy:
Reply 3
#1 rule. Never get your parents to cut your hair.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Grow it then. Just get a very short trim every 6-12 months.

Original post by Drunk Punx
Grow it out, only cut the split ends off when necessary. You should get maximum growth in a reasonably short amount of time :yy:

It's just gonna take AGES but then again I'm not sure if I want long hair because the reason I cut it was because it was too much effort :sad: but beauty is pain and I WANT LONG HAIR so I will deal with the struggles
I just had a trim
Original post by bluemadhatter
It's just gonna take AGES but then again I'm not sure if I want long hair because the reason I cut it was because it was too much effort :sad: but beauty is pain and I WANT LONG HAIR so I will deal with the struggles

How was it too much effort? Tbh when my hair was shoulder length I found it a lot more effort. It was too short to do anything fun with, it was super frizzy so I had to straighten it all the time, so I also had to wash it a lot more. Now it's butt length, I wash it 2/3 times a week max and just leave it natural. So much easier. Depends on what kind of hair you have I suppose though :dontknow:
Reply 7
Yeah I know, I'm Asian too yaknow. But ever since my Dad gave me the most embarrassing haircut when I was younger, I'm still traumatised by that so I go to an Asian hair salon now :h:

Just be patient and grow it. Make your mind up as well.
Original post by Precious Illusions
How was it too much effort? Tbh when my hair was shoulder length I found it a lot more effort. It was too short to do anything fun with, it was super frizzy so I had to straighten it all the time, so I also had to wash it a lot more. Now it's butt length, I wash it 2/3 times a week max and just leave it natural. So much easier. Depends on what kind of hair you have I suppose though :dontknow:

My hair is really wavy and frizzy and it gets into loads of knots super easily. And when I cut it, I just had to brush it and leave it out or something and it was fine. But when its long I have to spend WAY more time making it look nice and not so frizzy and adding oil etc but it looks nicer....

Original post by 999tigger
Just be patient and grow it. Make your mind up as well.

I'm an indecisive person
Hair extensions

I'm an indecisive person

Then you are going to waste a lot of your life wnating one thing and then changing your mind and going in the opposite direction. get a wig or extensions of you cant wait.

Think carefully before you cut it short again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS
Yeah I know, I'm Asian too yaknow. But ever since my Dad gave me the most embarrassing haircut when I was younger, I'm still traumatised by that so I go to an Asian hair salon now :h:

:lolwut: I never believe it when people say they have their parents cut their hair for them. I go to the Christian barber down the street every six or so weeks and get a nice little Christian boy haircut for £5. :angel:
Original post by 999tigger
Then you are going to waste a lot of your life wnating one thing and then changing your mind and going in the opposite direction. get a wig or extensions of you cant wait.

Think carefully before you cut it short again.

That's my life tbh :sad: I've changed career paths like 10 times and don't even get me started on relationships.

I don't think I'm going to cut it for a while. Hmm extensions would be a good idea but for me it feels fake and therefore I can't be confident with it.
My hair is really wavy and frizzy and it gets into loads of knots super easily. And when I cut it, I just had to brush it and leave it out or something and it was fine. But when its long I have to spend WAY more time making it look nice and not so frizzy and adding oil etc but it looks nicer....

I'm an indecisive person

My hair used to be like this, still is now but I make sure it isn't too long or too short, what sort of shampoos do you use and what do you use to condition? I found using special shampoos got rid of my frizz or calmed it at least whilst retaining volume. Get it trimmed and see how long it gets before deciding on a length you can manage it. I find my hair is unmanageable when it's short as it curls up and gets more frizzy.
you don't want long hair its annoying!!!!! My mum wont let me cut it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rhythmical
My hair used to be like this, still is now but I make sure it isn't too long or too short, what sort of shampoos do you use and what do you use to condition? I found using special shampoos got rid of my frizz or calmed it at least whilst retaining volume. Get it trimmed and see how long it gets before deciding on a length you can manage it. I find my hair is unmanageable when it's short as it curls up and gets more frizzy.

I just normal shampoos and conditioners which probably isnt a good idea in itself... what kind of special shampoos do you use?
That's my life tbh :sad: I've changed career paths like 10 times and don't even get me started on relationships.

I don't think I'm going to cut it for a while. Hmm extensions would be a good idea but for me it feels fake and therefore I can't be confident with it.

The best way is to knuckle down and grow it to a medium level so you cna go either way. Think carefully before you cut it again.
ohhhhhhh well that makes sense :rofl: I thought she just randomly went at you with a pair of scissors
I just normal shampoos and conditioners which probably isnt a good idea in itself... what kind of special shampoos do you use?

Well before I discovered I had psoriasis, I used to use shampoos with argan oil or macadamia oil that was natural and not full of the harmful stuff. You'd probably want to stop using a generic shampoo and get one specific for your hair type and having oil in your shampoo means you don't have to put in your hair after that leaves your hair greasy. Or you can use a bit of coconut oil that is not liquid and put it in your hair then rinse.

Quick Reply

Latest